Give it straight to me doc...

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Give it straight to me doc...

Post by gverma » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi
I want to apply for a license for a revolver, rifle and a shot gun. My reason is target practice only. Other than that I dont have any need.
I live in Delhi.
What are my odds ?

Even if I get one, I will have access to IOF stuff only realistically in my budget...

What are my odds? I want to figure out if it is worth it?
Regards
Gaurav

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Give it straight to me doc...

Post by Katana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Gaurav,

Apply for one thing at a time, and then ask for add ons. I think the only people who can get away with all three at a time are VIPs! I guess I haven't a clue about licensing in Delhi but thats all I can think about. Looking at three at a time might just spook the authorities that be.

Katana
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 pm

makes sense... I guess i would start off with a rifle as they are easire to use and I can do better target practice

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Before that,try to get a membership of DRA or NRAI.It helps in your application and also you can get a .22lr rifle as a fourth firearm to the three granted on a regular license.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Good point. Are these memberships easy to obtain ?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

gverma wrote:Good point. Are these memberships easy to obtain ?
If you are wiling to pay the membership fees,yes. IFG Members who have such memberships should be more helpful.Also, you can write,telephone,email to the clubs/associations asking for information.

All the best with your applications.

-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Thaks you have been most helpful...

Prash.44
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Prash.44 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Hello There,

Sorry to hijack your post here Mr.Verma . Genuine doubt. Is it enough to be a member of the NRAI or your regional shooting club to get the fabled fourth license?? (i dont know of anyone with a fourth license).

Oh.... and also, are all members of shooting clubs eligible to import air rifles??
It’s quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than to dial 911 if you’re being robbed."

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Prash.44 wrote: Is it enough to be a member of the NRAI or your regional shooting club to get the fabled fourth license??

Oh.... and also, are all members of shooting clubs eligible to import air rifles??
IMHO....

i. No, not any more. The fourth gun is becoming harder and harder
ii. I would think so

As for Gvarma's original question, I think it's worth the sweat and pains of getting a license to buy a firearm. But then I would say this, after all, I am a member of Indians for Guns :mrgreen:
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:04 pm

here is the way I would recommend, of course not the only possible, but quite fast ad sure
go to indianshooting.com become a member of their shooting club, participate in competitions which they conduct quite often. Apply for .22 lr, reason quite justified, I'm shooting air rifle want to compete in more events with .22 lr. Later add endorsement for NPB rifle/shotgun. good luck :!:
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Prash,the instuctions issued by GOI on behalf of the NRAI is very clear,{I am not sure of the year its most likely 1988}if you have 3 weapons,1 NP Bore REV/Pistol, 2 DBBL Gun,3 N.P.Bore Rifle NOT A 22 ,then you can have an addition of a 22 rifle on prodution of the NRAI membership card to the Licencing Authority.IT is done only for a 22,in addition to a Big Bore rifle.ITS NOT A FABLE,ITS A PART OF THE ARMS ACT :cheers: