(un)realistic prices of fire arms in India.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Guncrazy,
Suggest you start a different post to moan about prevailing gun prices
Right now, as I see it, this is a 'for sale post', not 'please comment on gun prices in india ' post would appreciate if we respect it for what it is.
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Dear Sanjay,
It seems my shock on the price quoted by Sentinel has created a big issue but give us some credit, nobody on this forum ( whatever little I have seen ) wants to make mockery of anything you guys sell or buy, a few days back my brother- in -law in Goa wanted a .32, for which, so called mint condition 2.25 was quoted by a dealer in Punjab same S&W I saw it myself and if we have done something wrong by telling you this Boss it's your money.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:35 pm

guncrazy,
the accepted way would be to PM, its considered polite.Like I told you politely, earlier...enjoy your yellow card.
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Another thing...is that the person eyeing the piece is a war horse who has handled more firearms than most of us will get to see. He ain't no babe in the woods. I'm sure he knows what he is up to. So relax have your blood pressure medicines and stay away from the caffeine, no one is gonna get scammed.

Regards,
Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 pm

good, that was fantastic i am feeling I should only surf but refrain from commenting

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm

hey guncrazy,

i think eljefes post says it all.
actually its not a bad idea to start a diff post and discuss our views about it.

cheers
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:02 pm

guncrazy";p="22832 wrote:good, that was fantastic i am feeling I should only surf but refrain from commenting
GC

Dont take it personally :wink: as suggested please start a new topic on the realistic prices of fire arms in India.

We can all share our experinces,it will make an intresting debate,come out smokin throwing left and rights :wink: free for all :)

Cheers

Best always for a man in uniform.

Sanjay

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:20 pm

gc have started the topic suggested by elfeje/ sanjay in general ramblings for your convenience.
plz feel free to post there.
im sure all other members would be happy to discuss our views there
cheers.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

(un)realistic prices of fire arms in India.

Post by shooter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:22 pm

guncrazy and many other members feel the prices of guns in india are quite unrealistic and getting more and more out of reach of an average middle class indian.
plz comment.

penpusher

Re: (un)realistic prices of fire arms in India.

Post by penpusher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 pm

The IOF .32 revolver is sold by the factory at a unreasonably high price and it is the cheapest .32 revolver that you can get in India.Not only firearms but even ammunition is sold at eye popping prices.

penpusher

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: (un)realistic prices of fire arms in India.

Post by Sujay » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:24 pm

Shooter,

Guncrazy is right but owner of firearms cannot be blamed for this. Because if X sells a pistol for 4 Lakhs, he himself also would have to pay 4 Lakhs for getting a similar pistol. And for dealers, it is just another commodity to trade at maximum price ; an opportunity presented by restrictions in imports.

The question Guncrazy should ask is when a rifle /pistol/revolver is made, advertised and sold in India , by the Govt of India, why their import is banned :?:

Why should I need to join a shooting club and achieve MQS to be eligiblle for import ?? Why ?

If the artificial interference in firearms market is withdrawn, the prices would return to normal levels for foreign makes. I cannot say the same for the IOFB pre WW I junk because they would be equal to scrap ;overnight. :twisted:
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

penpusher

Re: .32 smith and wesson for sale

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 am

Finding a pistol/revolver in this condition,though not impossible, is becoming harder by the day.

penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:04 am

On GC's PM, calling me GOD of IFG, I have sent a rejoinder that I am just a votary of good manners. Can we move on to the high gun price thread and continue the moaning there?
Before 'any one surfs and refrains from commenting '-RTFM- in this case , the rules, and READ the very public advice Abhijeet and I had requested in this case...

sentinel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sentinel » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:06 am

hey folks,juz relax,think of me as crazy for quoting such a price and let it pass

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:17 pm

hey Guys,
Saw and inquired about an almost new Colt Detective Special 2.5" barrel revolver (.32 long) lying with one of our Bori dealers in Mumbai. Asking rate 8.5 Lacs and slightly flexible. Thought we all should know the opportunistic attitude of the dealers.
Marksman