Indian gun related songs

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Indian gun related songs

Post by shooter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:08 pm

I thought its time we compiled a list of songs featuring guns either in the title or in the lyrics/video etc.

Here's a start:

Jatt kol bara bor di by shankar shawney

patake bara boran de by lehember hussainpuri

Kabja by babbu mann:

Other members please feel free to contribute.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Indian gun related songs

Post by Bespoke » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 pm

LOL THIS FUN!

BANDA MARAN NU JEE KARDA

.32 Bore

This one is Hilarious 32 BORE.wmv

32 Bor Da License

Dunali

.32 de pistola

Babbu Mann - Mitran Nu Shonk Hathyaran Da

Do chezza Jatt mangda (12 bore)

I am sure Grewal would contribute more :P
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Bespoke wrote:I am sure Grewal would contribute more :P
Grewal has his own video Sir !

cheers,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bespoke » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:53 pm

LOL thanks for the video Doc :mrgreen:

Well Grewal what can I say :evil: next time you want to shoot you know where to come.
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Right folks, do not want to rain over the parade. But, please use your discretion in posting videos lest we end up providing the antis with prime examples. For example, one of the chaps in the video posted himself posing with his rifle aimed at another bloke and the finger was on the trigger. :evil:

My point: Watch the video you post for content.

Thank you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:29 am

Thaan Thaan Thaan. Movie platform. I think most shots fired in one hindi Movie song.

This was the song i used to sing while shooting my airgun, as a kid.

You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Punjabi gun related songs

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Thread with an interesting topic! How come it was lying hidden? In almost every other Panjabi song, there is display or mention of guns or gunshots or gunpowder, either directly or metaphorically. For example "baroodi look" is used to describe impressive looks of a person. barood means gunpowder.

Here is a song featuring Diljit Dosanjh, the song has beautiful music, lyrics, cinematography and of course the guns. Within around a month this video has over 21 million views on YouTube. The complete translation of this song into English has also been posted by some user on YouTube.

Another one from Hollywood movie The Black Prince featuring Satinder Sartaj as Maharaja Duleep Singh and Shabana Azmi as his mother. There is a mixed display and use of swords and guns in this song. This movie was recently screened in theaters all around the globe, including India and Pakistan. The song is in Panjabi but also has subtitles in English.
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Posting these two videos from Pakistani Punjab. Those who do not know, Both the Pakistani Punjab and the Indian controlled Punjab have same language, culture, history, ethnicity etc. and even the same basic founding principles of religion to a very large extent. Essentially they are one people but unfortunately divided in 1947 due to diabolical conspiracies and policies of some wicked politicians. Hopefully I may get to elaborate on this in some other thread when I am free.

This song sung by Abrar ul Haq begins with the wordings, "Gunna naal yaari saadi". Basically it means we have friendship with guns. Some Kalashnikov with drum magazine is displayed in the song.

Here is another one, probably posted by Punjabi Rajputs in Pakistan. While the Punjabis in Pakistani Punjab are able to possess Kalashnikovs, 9 mm Lugers etc. What a pity, the same Punjabis in the Indian controlled Punjab have difficulties even for legally possessing shot guns or handguns!
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Another one from Pakistani Punjab, mentioning dunali. Dunali means double barreled shotgun.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Gun related Punjabi songs

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm

It appears, as compared with Indian movies or songs, the Pakistani movies and songs have a very liberal display of Kalashnikovs, MP5s, and Scorpions.