Simplified procedure for New Arms License and it's Renewal in Delhi

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Simplified procedure for New Arms License and it's Renewal in Delhi

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 am

Just saw this article on NDTV website.

https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/online- ... 20%251%24s

As per this article all the physical interaction will be replaced into online tasks except Personal Interview, Arms training and Weapon inspection.

This could be a model for all Indian States. I am hopeful. What are your views? Please express.

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Simplified procedure for New Arms License and it's Renewal in Delhi

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Great move! It should be applied at all India level. Will make process bit hassle free, rather than running here and there with twisted rules on all tables!

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:21 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:What are your views? Please express.
My views? It is just a lollipop from the system, keep licking and sucking it. It will keep your mouth busy and mind shut. You will not think and talk about your rights, and be happy licking and sucking the lollipop of a license.

Please note the date and time of the post here. The date and time is Jan 31, 2019 14:09. Also please note the date and time of the news item, it is January 31, 2019 22:08. The system went into overdrive, worked till late night and sent it to Press Trust of India, to give widest publicity so that every channel like Abhi Tak, Aaj Tak, Kal Tak, Parso Tak, Tarso Tak etc publicize it to the maximum.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:My views? It is just a lollipop from the system, keep licking and sucking it. It will keep your mouth busy and mind shut. You will not think and talk about your rights, and be happy licking and sucking the lollipop of a license.

Please note the date and time of the post here. The date and time is Jan 31, 2019 14:09. Also please note the date and time of the news item, it is January 31, 2019 22:08. The system went into overdrive, worked till late night and sent it to Press Trust of India, to give widest publicity so that every channel like Abhi Tak, Aaj Tak, Kal Tak, Parso Tak, Tarso Tak etc publicize it to the maximum.
I understand your frustration. You are advocating something that is logical. But in present scenario who gives a damn about logic. Knowledge is the key but the audience to whom you are trying to educate is totally ... I don't know what to say. India is run by politicians and politicians listen to Bureaucrats when they are in power. Even Modi can't make any policies without their consent. You have rightly said in many posts in this forum that India is still under British made laws. The current and past attitude of Bureaucrats and politicians is unlikely to make any progress in this issue.

This is all about rights of a law abiding citizen. But there are very few who want to fight for this Right. And more less are even willing to go to court. Unlike USA where Gun Lobby is very strong, that lobby decides who will be the next Governor or President. Yes, economics is involved.

In India RKBA is not even on the list priorities of Bureaucrats or Politicians. And we the people who want to strengthen it are not much in numbers.

I fully support you. And today onward I will learn more about the stand of India Constitution on self defence, right to bear arms, licensing, etc. Please guide me. It is all about our rights, whether others give it any importance or not.

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh.

Mrlearner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mrlearner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
sumbriavikramaditya wrote:What are your views? Please express.
My views? It is just a lollipop from the system, keep licking and sucking it. It will keep your mouth busy and mind shut. You will not think and talk about your rights, and be happy licking and sucking the lollipop of a license.

Yes, but it is also true that Government departments functions like this only. They decide in advance the date without getting completed all the formalities. Then in the last minutes they run from pillar to post to meet the deadline. I have been told that they had to run to NIC.in for various checks and validations, emails and sms provisions, financial approvals etc. etc.

I am told that presently it is taking little longer to get the appointment for renewal. My license is also due for renewal in next few months. If any body had any experiences with new system, Kindly share it here. Regards.