Difference between RWS 460magnum & Diana 460magnum

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
MukuljSR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Difference between RWS 460magnum & Diana 460magnum

Post by MukuljSR » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello
Dear i want to purchase diana 56th .177 cal. & for it i contacted syndicate, relish sport, airgunindia and 2 -3 more but they all denied, then i came to know via mail from diana that 56th is discontinued from February 2019.
So i selected Diana 460magnum.
As i searched about it i found one thing on pyramidair, airgundepot website that there are two models(or one i don't know)
1. Diana 460magnum
2. RWS 460magnum
There is a difference bwtween pricing too.

Please help me out to know the difference between these two.
Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Difference between RWS 460magnum & Diana 460magnum

Post by narach93 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:06 am

There is no difference between diana 460 and RWS 460. RWS imports diana air rifle and market them under RWS brand name. In RWS ARs, they have marked the rifle with an impression of a pellet above the chamber. I also did exhaustive research before buying the AR from the syndicate. I have checked from pyramydair as well as airgundepot that the price is identical ($399.90). It is a fantastic rifle but the muzzle energy is about 11ftlb, because the velocity is severely tegulated.
Regards

MukuljSR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MukuljSR » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Thank you sooo much for your reply and making my confusion clear.

But its my humble request to kindly explain me the following line:-

"It is a fantastic rifle but the muzzle energy is about 11ftlb, because the velocity is severely tegulated."

Thank you and waiting eagerly for your reply.🙂

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Thanks for your appreciation. The built quality and accuracy is far better than any Indian ARs. As per the brochure of the rifle, the maker has regulated the velocity of the pellet to keep the rifle in the legal range of the concerned country. In India, the maximum muzzle energy is 20 joules, though the rifle can achieve more than that threshold. I have a genuine chronograph (brought from USA) and recorded the M.E. of various foreign as well as precihole pellets. The average M.E. is around 11-12 ftlb. The best thing is that it can shoot a pellet of 10.65 grain pellet as accurately as a 8.2 grain. At times very little adjustment is required to enjoy flawless shooting. Moreover, my 460 has embraced the latest peep sight of precihole and made the rifle extremely adorable. Hope I have make the points before you.
Regards

MukuljSR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MukuljSR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am

Again thank you soooooo much for the genuine reply.
Definitely dear you haven't left a single question in my mind.
& yes after purchasing it again i will come to you for this
"At times very little adjustment is required to enjoy flawless shooting."
What are that little adjustment and how to do it without any harm? As you are owner of 460magnum.

Till goodbye take care hope to see you soon with a image of my 460magnum.

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:12 am

Dear MukuljiSR,
If the AR rear sight zeroing during using with 10.65 grains pellets, then the Muzzle Energy will be more,velocity will be little low, pellet travel little downwards,usually marked by unit(ft/lbs or Joule)whenever you are happen to shoot with lower grain pellets such as 8.2 grains, M.E will be little low, velocity will be more,pellet travel little upwards , hence need to adjust the rear sight for again for zeroing, accordingly, vice versa.
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D