12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Belgian collector
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium

Post by Belgian collector » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Greetings / Namaste / Salaam
I am from Europe and l collect Belgian shotguns . On a recent business trip to India , l saw a 12 bore side by side shotgun with 3 inch chambers , 32 inch barrels and extractors . Marked on the gun was nothing , except the words " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " .
I was wondering if any of you gentlemen knew about a gun with such markings . In my life time of collecting Belgian firearms , l never saw one which used the word " DBBL " . I asked around and found out that the word DBBL is used in India . So l found this forum .
Has any one here ever seen any shotguns in India marked " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " ?
My colleagues think that it is not an actual Belgian gun , but could be a fake .
Regards,
Belgian Collector

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium

Post by Vikram » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:19 am

Welcome to IFG!

Did you take photos of the gun by any chance? Did you manage to have a look at the proof marks?

It may not be a fake but they could have stamped, "12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " on it. Though there are fakes around, 3" chambers and 32" barrels suggest that it could well have been made in Belgium.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Belgian collector
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Belgian collector » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:42 am

Thank you for welcoming me , Mr. Vikram. I did not take a picture of it , unfortunately . I held it for 10 minutes in the house of a business associate . However , what you say makes a good deal of sense . It is then , an original Belgian shotgun ( probably ) which just had " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " stamped on it . I have a question . Is it common for Indian gun shop's to stamp such things on shotgun barrels ? Please forgive me for my ignorance , as l am a foreigner and l merely ask to learn more .

Belgian collector
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Belgian collector » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:57 pm

I have another question . Is it possible that an Indian dealer could take an actual Belgian gun and stamp " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " on it ? . Or is there no possibility of them doing this to an actual Belgian gun?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Belgian collector wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:57 pm
I have another question . Is it possible that an Indian dealer could take an actual Belgian gun and stamp " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " on it ? . Or is there no possibility of them doing this to an actual Belgian gun?
This is possible. Many arms dealers used to stamp their firm's name on weapons when they imported them along with some other details.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Belgian collector
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Belgian collector » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Thank you , Mr. Vineet . So it is in all likelihood an original Belgian shotgun with 3 inch chambers and 32 inch barrels , which was just stamped " 12 bore DBBL Made In Belgium" . I appreciate your time and help.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:07 am

Belgian collector wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:42 am
Thank you for welcoming me , Mr. Vikram. I did not take a picture of it , unfortunately . I held it for 10 minutes in the house of a business associate . However , what you say makes a good deal of sense . It is then , an original Belgian shotgun ( probably ) which just had " 12 Bore DBBL Made In Belgium " stamped on it . I have a question . Is it common for Indian gun shop's to stamp such things on shotgun barrels ? Please forgive me for my ignorance , as l am a foreigner and l merely ask to learn more .
As Vineet said that was not an uncommon practice. I have come across several Belgian guns though I do not remember having seen markings like the ones you mentioned.
Please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:58 pm

A photo of the proof marks on the barrel flats/ table of the action would help immensely.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein