Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
User avatar
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 am
Location: Toronto

Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by Hammerhead » Sat May 02, 2020 6:12 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/torontosun ... agenda/amp

If Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was actually taking steps to deal with gun violence in Canada then I would be one of the first people applauding him. Instead, the PM is claiming to deal with gun violence not by targeting the gang members and criminals committing it but instead by seizing guns owned by those who follow the law.

“Today, we are closing the market for military grade assault weapons in Canada,” Trudeau said.

I wish he knew what he was talking about but he clearly doesn’t. While I was training with “military grade assault weapons” and learning what they were in the summer of 1990, Trudeau was learning how to teach people how to snow board.

Just as when my grandfather was fighting Japan’s Imperial Army in the jungles of Burma, his father was riding around Montreal on a motorcycle wearing a German army uniform. The Trudeaus are not familiar with the military and they aren’t familiar with firearms.

Maybe that is why the PM and his entire cabinet team that joined him felt so easy about lying when it came to the motives for their actions on Friday.

“These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only — to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time,” Trudeau said.

Actually, many of the 1,500 rifles that he is banning by way of cabinet order, not even legislation, were designed for hunting or other uses. The firearms Trudeau’s Liberals are banning are not as he claims “military grade.” That’s something he might know if any of the last few generations of his family had done anything for Canada’s armed forces.

In 2018, the last year for which details are available from Statistics Canada, there were 249 murders committed with firearms. That is out of a total of 651 homicides that year.

Of the murders committed with guns, 143 were committed with handguns, 56 were committed with rifles or shotguns, 20 were committed with fully illegal firearms and according to Stats Can, 30 were committed with an unknown type of firearm.

The Trudeau Liberals didn’t use 2018 statistics to make their argument though, even though those are the most recent government statistics available. They used 2017 as their most recent date because it was the high point for gun deaths, and compared it to 2013, the low point for gun deaths.

To say that they are playing with stats to make their case is an understatement. The Harper Conservatives did away with the Liberal long-gun registry in 2012 and gun violence didn’t rise in a serious way until 2016 with the rise of the fentanyl crisis.

No one was using shotguns to defend their fentanyl stash.

Yet there the Liberals were on Friday telling the whole country that all the ills of the country were due to these darned “military grade assault weapons.”

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland even tried to put a “feminist lens” on the issue of gun violence by linking every single episode of despicable violence against women to guns even though the overwhelming majority of cases have nothing to do with guns. Especially not licenced gun owners.

She also claimed, without evidence, that if people own these particular guns then, “women, queer and trans folk, Indigenous people and people of colour, women, girls, two-spirited people” will face violence or be assassinated.

What Freeland failed to note is that most gun-crime murders, like most murders period, are perpetrated against men.

Not a single argument the Trudeau Liberals put forward to support their new policies stands up to any scrutiny.

If their entire argument is that they don’t like civilians owning guns, even if they aren’t committing crimes, then they should say so.

That the mostly cowardly media questioning them wouldn’t raise a fuss on a single one of their lies speaks volumes about their own particular bias

---------------------------------

The OIC is Canada's "Enabling Act"?

"The Enabling Act (German: Ermächtigungsgesetz) of 1933, formally titled Gesetz zur Behebung der
Not von Volk und Reich ("Law to Remedy the Distress of People and Reich"), was a law that gave
the German Cabinet—in effect, the Chancellor—the power to enact laws without the involvement of
the Reichstag, and to override fundamental aspects of the Weimar Constitution. The Enabling
Act gave Hitler plenary powers and followed on the heels of the Reichstag Fire Decree, which
had abolished most civil liberties and transferred state powers to the Reich government.
The combined effect of the two laws was to transform Hitler's government into a
legal dictatorship. "

---------------------------------------------
Image


Here the list. Most semi-auot's and more included. Almost all I have under "Restricted Licence" is "GONE GONE"


--------
-----------
------------
-------------
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 am
Location: USA

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by xl_target » Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 am

Sorry to hear that.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by SMJ » Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Pathetic! Again the law abiding citizens end up paying the price

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Timnorris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Bangalore

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by Timnorris » Sat May 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Not that I support the ban which is not based on facts but when you say law abiding citizens you should also understand that most people who carry out mass shootings are law abiding citizens before they decide to go on a shooting spree.......military style weapons are desinged to do much more damage than a pump action shotgun........many countries have banned military style weapons for a reason

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by SMJ » Sat May 02, 2020 7:15 pm

Timnorris wrote:Not that I support the ban which is not based on facts but when you say law abiding citizens you should also understand that most people who carry out mass shootings are law abiding citizens before they decide to go on a shooting spree.......military style weapons are desinged to do much more damage than a pump action shotgun........many countries have banned military style weapons for a reason


I'm not very sure of the stats as to how many such mass shootings in the past were carried out with legally owned weapons in Canada or the US for that matter, but it's a fair point.
As you already agree its it's certainly not the case here
I'm based in India but just feel bad for those lot who have done nothing to violate the law but will now be forced to hand in their weapons!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconvers ... -be-137335



Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk




User avatar
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by ckkalyan » Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 am

Thanks for sharing Hammerhead!

Friday, the 1st of May 2020 is indeed a bleak day in Canadian History and a blow to democracy! This a purely political move, unashamedly taking advantage of the current COVID crisis and the Nova Scotia mass shooting to issue an Order in Council (OIC).

Traditionally, Orders in Council are used as a way for the Prime Minister to make political appointments, but they can also be used to issue simple laws as a sort of decree. In times of emergency, a government may issue legislation directly through Orders in Council, forgoing the usual parliamentary procedure.

In an email to members, this is what The Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights (CCFR) had to say about the ban:
CCFR statement regarding the federal gun ban announced by the Liberals today:
Our community is devastated by the Trudeau government's attack on our ability to legally own and use firearms. The only people that will lose their guns in this action are licensed gun owners. No criminals will register or turn in a single rifle. Many gun owners feel that this is the reward they get for complying with the government's ever-increasing regulations. We view this move as entirely political and at a time where countless Canadians are facing incredible stress due to Covid-19. The CCFR will fight against the actions of the Trudeau government relentlessly until gun owners are given the fairness & respect they deserve.
1500 GUNS BANNED FROM LAW-ABIDING CANADIANS: A staggering 1500 models and variants of rifles were wiped off the market today, with plans to confiscate them from legal owners who have done nothing to warrant such a far-reaching attack. This will impact hundreds of thousands of Canadians who have followed every rule and regulation asked of them, and committed no crime. Legal owners have a two year amnesty to decide if they will forfeit their property for compensation or deactivate them in order to keep them.
The Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights

For a full list of the banned firearms from a PDF created by firearmrights.ca

Colion Noir, does a succinct analysis on the ban

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by timmy » Sun May 03, 2020 2:54 am

It is the style, not the reality that's at the dock here. Facts and data are only a means to obfuscate, rather than a path to finding the truth, whether one finds it acceptable or not.

The mere fact that people accept this rubbish enough to go along with it tells us much about our ability to govern ourselves wisely. THAT is the bad thing at the bottom of this, and it is, sadly, not news at all.
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

User avatar
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by ckkalyan » Sun May 10, 2020 3:04 am

Canada Fights Back!

The CCFR, as the public relations and education branch of the Canadian firearms community, has not typically pursued litigation as a tool of changing legislation or steering public policy. As a result of this unprecedented attack on the freedom and liberty of Canadian sport shooters and hunters, that’s changing.

WE’RE GOING TO COURT – CHARTER CHALLENGE

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

User avatar
russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 am

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:48 am

Timnorris wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:35 pm
Not that I support the ban which is not based on facts but when you say law abiding citizens you should also understand that most people who carry out mass shootings are law abiding citizens before they decide to go on a shooting spree.......military style weapons are desinged to do much more damage than a pump action shotgun........many countries have banned military style weapons for a reason
What country? Like UK ?

In all normal gun country not ban - "military style weapon" - because its real bullshit - like "assault weapon" or other name this class weapon
In Canada ban :
1 Sport carbine based on AR-15 (AK) platform = Ban sport like IPSC
Or you try this sport with bolt-action rifle?
2 Hunting carbine based on AR-15 platform = Ban hunting

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
this liberals in Canada banned - (z.779) Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 - its 22LR rifle - Absolute legal in UK :D :D :D (y)

Adrian
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:29 am

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by Adrian » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:01 am

Hi all I am an Indian citizen currently in Canada and RCMP requires that If you are a non-resident of Canada, you must obtain a letter of good
conduct issued by your local or state police. Does anyone from India has any knowledge about this ?

Thanks

User avatar
UDAYANJADHAV
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 am

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:09 am

It's happening everywhere now. When the politicians need cannon fodder, they would issue even stones to the young to go and fight a battle which was a result of their inefficient diplomacy. All this when politicians sit in safe zones. Once the war is over, they want the same people to give up their firearms and get back to their normal life like nothing happened.
If the government wants people to give up their right to self defence by ripping them of proper tools, it must compensate for each victim who was not saved by the government. Only then the governments will realise the price.

User avatar
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 am

Timnorris wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:35 pm
Not that I support the ban which is not based on facts but when you say law-abiding citizens you should also understand that most people who carry out mass shootings are law-abiding citizens before they decide to go on a shooting spree.......military-style weapons are designed to do much more damage than a pump-action shotgun........many countries have banned military-style weapons for a reason
Timnorris - I understand that you do not support the sweeping and unreasonable gun ban that does nothing to combat violence on the streets, plain violence or gun violence. Good on you!

My comment is about your understanding of the term - law-abiding citizens and "military-style firearms".

Here in this case when the OP says law-abiding citizens he means LAGO (Law Abiding Gun Owner). It is a statically proven fact that LAGO's are credited with carrying out a very insignificant percentage like 0.0..something % of firearms-related violence (I can direct you to a link to explicit data - but here I am merely making a point).

In other words, the majority of gun violence is carried out by criminals (who don't care about firearms laws and restrictions). They obtain illegal firearms - whatever caliber, no magazine capacity restrictions, "fully-semi-automatic assault and military-style weapons" (this term - and combination of terms, exist only in the minds of the uninformed, not very knowledgeable, gullible public) mainly smuggled across the porous USA-CAN border (the longest unguarded, border in the world); secondly steal from Law Enforcement Agencies or from LAGO's.

Well anyway, full-auto capable firearms ... d in 1977! This is the other point I would like to point out that Trudeau uses to scare people, that you seem to believe in too! “These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only — to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time” - Trudeau

This is a lie - blatant untruth!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 am

:deadhorse:

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by timmy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:11 pm

PRINCESIDHU007 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 am
:deadhorse:
Sidhu 007, CK is an old, well known, and well respected member here, and many of us who have been around enjoy listening to him share his experiences with us.

Perhaps, with a post count of 17, you may not be aware of this, but it is something you might consider as you spend more time here.

Regarding your "beating a dead horse" emoji, may I point out that yes, CK is beating it again, and he's doing so because the horse is not at all dead. Trudeau and the rest of his ilk will not rest until there is no more private gun ownership. They would like to do it all at once, but if they have to take it a bite or a nibble at a time, they will pursue that plan too. Most of these freedom-hating types would love nothing better than to obtain the same conditions for their citizens that India experiences now.

I don't think that it hurts a thing to point it out, either. Should you find the expression of such thoughts tedious, you can always click away.
ckkalyan wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:42 am
This is the other point I would like to point out that Trudeau uses to scare people, that you seem to believe in too! “These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only — to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time” - Trudeau

This is a lie - blatant untruth!
CK, Trudeau and many others are being very misleading about this. So many of the popular guns that civilian gun ownership was and is based upon concerns former and current military weapons. This is because firstly, there are many shooters who have had experience with them in the armed forces, and secondly, because there were a lot of them made and they are common and well-developed for civilian use. There's nothing nefarious about this, as it has been true for a long time.

Nations that were once part of the British Empire often have many shooters using the former military weapons: Canada has SMLEs and Snider rifles, and Australia has SMLEs and Martini-Henry rifles.

In the USA, one can go back to the use of Springfield 1863 muskets used in the Civil War, Sharps carbines rebarreled for buffalo hunting, Krag Jorgenson rifles sold as surplus, along with 1903 Springfields and 1917 Enfields, M1 Garands, right up until today with semi-auto AR-15s.

All of these rifles were originally designed to be the most effective killing tool for war and were brought home to serve sportsmen and collectors.

Just this week, in Waukesha, Wisconsin, there was a kook who rammed his SUV into a Christmas parade and killed 6 people so far, with others still being in the hospital. I wonder whether Trudeau is going to give up driving his "killing machine"?
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

User avatar
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks Timmi

'Leonardo da Vinci once said, " The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions"


So it's not the dead horse "We" beating. It's what the deceptions and perceptions among us that we are facing.

We are still in court fighting this unconstitutional decree. We were on the parliament steps protesting. And donated thousands to the cause.
There are bunch of articles that I wrote in Punjabi news papers, hundreds of emails and many hand written letters dropped at Members of Parliament.

The fight is well organized and on right tracks but if you are fighting your own Goberment, the system always favour them.

And some just beat the dead horse - Chow
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Post Reply