Big Fat Free Gun Book about all kinds of guns, new and old

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Big Fat Free Gun Book about all kinds of guns, new and old

Post by timmy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 am

Would you like a free gun book about all sorts of guns, such as handguns, rifles, anti-tank weapons, and fully automatic weapons? Well you can have a 352 page free gun book that is pretty comprehensive in scope, and which is actually pretty good regarding expertise. It talks about identification of of guns and distribution of guns, too. I was surprised that they even had a picture of my Turkish Forestry Carbine -- a fairly insignificant gun in the wide scheme of things.

Best of all, not only is the price right, it is provided to you free by the international gun control people, so not only can you get this free, but as a gun lover, you can profit on the pais of gun haters. That gives me a good feeling!

So, try this link out: http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/resource ... dbook.html

I downloaded the whole thing and reassembled it into a single pdf.

Search around the site. They even had a brief study of India. If you go to this page: http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/publicat ... apers.html and look for this title: "Small Arms of the Indian State: A Century of Procurement and Production, January 2014" you can find a little 12 page brief on India for downloading.

This site has a lot of publications for downloading, if you care to rummage around through the pages.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Big Fat Free Gun Book about all kinds of guns, new and old

Post by pran80 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Best of all, not only is the price right, it is provided to you free by the international gun control people, so not only can you get this free, but as a gun lover, you can profit on the pais of gun haters. That gives me a good feeling!
:mrgreen:
I share this feeling Sir.

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

"Small Arms of the Indian State: A Century of Procurement and Production, January 2014" you can find a little 12 page brief on India for downloading.
While reading this on page 3 the author mentioned that about '100000 Lee Enfield rifles were sent to Afghan rebels from India'. I had never heard of any such thing. Google the same and found an interesting article on the same by India today magazine. The link to the same is :

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/inte ... 1987-12-31

I tried searching for the documentary but no success there. Appreciate if anyone who knows more about this affair can shed light on the topic.
Regards,
Pranjal

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Thanks, timmy,
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 pm

Thank you, Tim!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Folks, my pleasure. I have found one error: the book talks about the RFI 2A1, but doesn't mention the 2A (which is my version). It's not such a big deal, and overall, I am impressed that, unlike most anti-gunners, they take their subject seriously and try to get it right, which I think that they pretty much do.

Harry S. Truman

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 pm

pran80 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm
"Small Arms of the Indian State: A Century of Procurement and Production, January 2014" you can find a little 12 page brief on India for downloading.
While reading this on page 3 the author mentioned that about '100000 Lee Enfield rifles were sent to Afghan rebels from India'. I had never heard of any such thing. Google the same and found an interesting article on the same by India today magazine. The link to the same is :

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/inte ... 1987-12-31

I tried searching for the documentary but no success there. Appreciate if anyone who knows more about this affair can shed light on the topic.
Regards,
Pranjal
Very interesting. This would have been about or just after the stuff swirling around the "Charlie Wilson's War" story. Wilson, as you may know, was a US Congressman who is depicted in the movie as being a hero for supporting Afghan freedom fighters during those days of Soviet occupation. Hero? I think not. Was there "hanky-panky" going on? Well, I can vaguely recall Sherwood advertising in "The Shotgun News," a big trading newspaper in those days before the internet. However, that doesn't prove anything, does it? Reading over the storyI can pick out several places (where "several" is three or more) places where hanky-panky may have occurred.

It's all very interesting, and maybe somewhat like shipments of Chinese AKs later on, or maybe not. Whatever, it's probably best for me to chup now, for, as the Spanish say, I look prettier with my mouth shut.

Harry S. Truman

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 am

Thank you for sharing, Tim!

Cheers
SS