Finally a firearms owner

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Finally a firearms owner

Post by full_circle » Sun May 29, 2022 11:20 am

After being here for close to 12 years now, I am very happy to share that I finally mustered up enough forbearance to apply for a firearms license. After going through the application process, I have been granted a Punjab state-wide license for a pistol and a dbbl shotgun. I have bought a pistol – IOF .32 Mark 2, and the shop is sourcing a Beretta DT11.

Since I stay in Mohali, travelling to, from and via Chandigarh is daily routine. I am not sure if I am allowed to carry in Chandigarh, but will figure it out. Meanwhile, have asked the dealer to arrange a visit to the Patiala range for trying out the new acquisitions!

I will be applying for the NRAI membership this week. Once that is done, I will apply for adding a 0.22 rifle, and for pan India validity.

:cheers:
Mohali & Pune | NRAI Life Member | IOF .32 Mark 2 | Beretta DT11 | .22 coming soon

For Advertising mail webmaster
UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Finally a firearms owner

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sun May 29, 2022 11:26 am

full_circle wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:20 am
After being here for close to 12 years now, I am very happy to share that I finally mustered up enough forbearance to apply for a firearms license. After going through the application process, I have been granted a Punjab state-wide license for a pistol and a dbbl shotgun. I have bought a pistol – IOF .32 Mark 2, and the shop is sourcing a Beretta DT11.

Since I stay in Mohali, travelling to, from and via Chandigarh is daily routine. I am not sure if I am allowed to carry in Chandigarh, but will figure it out. Meanwhile, have asked the dealer to arrange a visit to the Patiala range for trying out the new acquisitions!

I will be applying for the NRAI membership this week. Once that is done, I will apply for adding a 0.22 rifle, and for pan India validity.

Congratulations! Happy shooting

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun May 29, 2022 11:30 am

Congratulations full circle, that is a rare occurrence in today’s licensing raj. Enjoy your shooting!

Regards
SS

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun May 29, 2022 11:47 am

Excellent news. Have fun with your firearms!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun May 29, 2022 2:42 pm

full_circle wrote:
Since I stay in Mohali, travelling to, from and via Chandigarh is daily routine. I am not sure if I am allowed to carry in Chandigarh, but will figure it out
Congrats for the license.

No, you can not carry Punjab valid firearm in Chandigarh.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sun May 29, 2022 5:43 pm

full_circle wrote:

How easy or difficult the process was for you? Did you apply online or offline.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sun May 29, 2022 6:35 pm

Congratulations on the License.

Please can you let the forum members know in detail the entire process you went through, documents process and your interview with the Authorities. This will guide others and boost confidence in others from the forum.

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Mon May 30, 2022 11:16 am

Congratulations.
Great achievement, to have 2 Firearms endorsed on your License.
Yes, it is a good idea to use an authorized Range for practice.
Do keep an account of the cartridges discharged and always retain the Empty Shells.
Are NRAI Members allowed to hold a .22 Rifle, as a Third Firearm.
Is this a law as per the new Arms Act and is it applicable all over India.

Regards,
Jr.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon May 30, 2022 6:43 pm

Congratulations.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon May 30, 2022 9:47 pm

Hearty congratulations.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue May 31, 2022 4:16 am

Heartiest Congratulations
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Tue May 31, 2022 10:36 am

:cheers: Congratulations .
Do tell us about all the steps of getting the license and hacks you used , if any .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Joe4guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Joe4guns » Tue May 31, 2022 4:43 pm

I have also received approval for a .22 rifle License.
I am looking for .22 Horent Rifle, if anybody come across a nice one, please let me know.

full_circle
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by full_circle » Tue May 31, 2022 5:16 pm

Thanks a ton for your wishes Udayan, SS, Timmy, Vineet, 4x4, Jr, Prabhath, Vikram, Shome, Woods!

KDS, I applied at the Sea Kendra, and then tracked the application online. In other words, even if the process is online, the physical (paper) application is a must.

4x4, Woods, the process is tedious, there is a narcotics test, you are required to fill in which type and calibre of firearm you are applying for, certification from a gunhouse that they have instructed you in safe and responsible handling of firearms, the reason for your application etc. You also need two witnesses who have an Aadhaar card that proves that they live in your neighbourhood, who are prepared to comment positively about you. There is a police verification visit, after which the application moves from desk to desk until you are called for a personal interview. Here, you will be asked why you wish to buy a firearm. If you go through all of this, the file then moves to the sanctioning authority. Keep in mind that at any stage the assessing authority can enter a negative remark which is sufficient for your application to be rejected. There is no hack for the system, but India being India, sometimes a good word from someone up the power ladder can help.

Here are the goodies I could finally claim:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mohali & Pune | NRAI Life Member | IOF .32 Mark 2 | Beretta DT11 | .22 coming soon

Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Tue May 31, 2022 7:55 pm

Very good brother ..which dealer did you go to in mohali.?