Finally a firearms owner

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Finally a firearms owner

Post by KDS991213 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:30 pm

full_circle wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:16 pm
Thanks a ton for your wishes Udayan, SS, Timmy, Vineet, 4x4, Jr, Prabhath, Vikram, Shome, Woods!

KDS, I applied at the Sea Kendra, and then tracked the application online. In other words, even if the process is online, the physical (paper) application is a must.

4x4, Woods, the process is tedious, there is a narcotics test, you are required to fill in which type and calibre of firearm you are applying for, certification from a gunhouse that they have instructed you in safe and responsible handling of firearms, the reason for your application etc. You also need two witnesses who have an Aadhaar card that proves that they live in your neighbourhood, who are prepared to comment positively about you. There is a police verification visit, after which the application moves from desk to desk until you are called for a personal interview. Here, you will be asked why you wish to buy a firearm. If you go through all of this, the file then moves to the sanctioning authority. Keep in mind that at any stage the assessing authority can enter a negative remark which is sufficient for your application to be rejected. There is no hack for the system, but India being India, sometimes a good word from someone up the power ladder can help.

Here are the goodies I could finally claim:
How was the interview? Can you explain what happened?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Finally a firearms owner

Post by Jr. » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:24 pm

Joe4guns wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:43 pm
I have also received approval for a .22 rifle License.
I am looking for .22 Horent Rifle, if anybody come across a nice one, please let me know.
Hi Joe4Guns,

Cartridge for .22 LR are easily available in India.
There is sufficient variety (Different Grains, Hollow-Point, FMJ, etc.) of imported Cartridge available for .22 LR.
It may be difficult to source Cartridges for .22 Hornet.
I have a friend who uses .223 Remington, so am sure it is available in the market.
The .22 Savage Hi-Power was made famous by the Maharaja of Patiala.
He owned a Westley Richards Double Rifle in .22 Savage, used primarily for Duck Hunting.
If your License has .22 Rifle mentioned in it, then your options are limited.
Generally a License states NPB Rifle (which covers all bores), though this may not be the case, at all times.

Regards,
Jr.