The "knowledge" level of print media.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Uttamjeet Singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

The "knowledge" level of print media.

Post by Uttamjeet Singh » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 am

On eve of PM Modi's visit to Ferozepur to inaugurate a hospital a major cache of arms and ammunition has been seized from the border region. However the newspaper article is a travesty to read when it comes to mentioning the details of the firearms in question. In the picture we can clearly see three AK pattern rifles and two M16's, the M16's have been mislabeled as M3 submachine guns! M3a1 is a WW2 vintage submachine gun! how can you not differentiate between these two firearms?

Now I don't know if they got this information from the BSF or it's their own research that lead to this but either way it's a huge blunder but sadly all too common, I've attached the newspaper clipping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The "knowledge" level of print media.

Post by timmy » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:15 am

You are right!

How is a news source supposed to inform and educate us, when they are clearly ignorant about what they are relating to us?

Commonly, we see magazines referred to as "clips" (whhich are something else) and semi-automatic rifles called "assault rifles." This is the sure sign of ignorance and a clue to tune out from that source of information, yet much of the media treats gun owners as if we were some sort of ignorant goons.

The one I liked the best was at a workplace which announced the sinister news of China hiding a new submarine under water. Why would a person read such rubbish from that source again?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman