Prohibited and non prohibited bore in India.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
ozk009
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Prohibited and non prohibited bore in India.

Post by ozk009 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:07 pm

timmy wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:21 pm
I can't say that I've ever seen a movie featuring a 32 Auto, other than James Bond movies. The modern ones have modern guns, not the famous 007 Walther PPK.

The last movie I've seen featuring a 32 revolver was Michael Caine being issued one in "The Ipcress File" in the 60s.

But then, neither of these movies were Hollywood movies; they were British. So, I'd consider the characterization of folks, many of who are on this board, to carry 22, 32 Auto, or 32 weapons as
They may possibly be favourites of gangsters in hollywood movies for execution scenes
to be rubbish.

I don't recall any 22 handguns in Hollywood movies, other than those about the CIA or the Mafia, for which a 22 would have some historical basis. ("Munich" comes to mind here.)

If someone has reason to fear for their life or for some other reason, to require the protection of a firearm, but despite this need they choose to go unarmed if their alternative is a weapon chambered in one of these three cartridges, well, that's their own personal choice.

As for myself, when I carry, I usually carry a 32 Auto, even though I do have other choices, both in my possession and available to buy.

This is my choice, and I'm not a gangster, a Hollywood actor, in the CIA, or in the Mafia. While many folks may have many reasons for carrying weapons in these three cartridges, I seriously doubt that such a characterization as I quoted applies to anyone on IFG.
Very well said.
Most people who carry guns as civilians are not in the category of - Organized Crime Syndicate members or secret agency or super human. However many are medium business men contributing a lot to their society, elderly citizens living on pensions, village farmer's , youths working as gaurds for banks and businesses. While the logic given arround corruption also make sense. And restrictions arround government service bore will not hurt , if civilians will be given better choice range.