Writ Petition Civil 15001 of 2022 in Hon’ble Delhi High Court

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Writ Petition Civil 15001 of 2022 in Hon’ble Delhi High Court

Post by hdn » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm

Dear All Members,
A fresh PIL before the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi vide No WPC 15001/2022 was filled and Union of India, Sports Ministry, MHA, CBIC, NRAI, CBI, ED & Delhi Police Licesing Unit are the Respondents in the above PIL.
This is related with Non Sporting Catagory Firearms Imported by the Renowned Shooters Under Customs Notification No 147/94-Cus dated 13July 1994 on the basis of 50% Custom Duty on the firearms brought under Baggage Rules by these shooters and then sold to the open market to non sports persons.
Next date is 9-3-2023 in this matter and respondent’s has to file responses to the notices issued to them with in period of 8 weeks.
Rest will be Next Very Soon as soon as I received their response.
Thanks
HDN

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Writ Petition Civil 15001 of 2022 in Hon’ble Delhi High Court

Post by pran80 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:57 pm

@hdn what are you trying to achieve with this PIL? I am sorry but I don't understand the purpose. Grateful for your revert brother.
Thanks,
Pranjal

Ambi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Ambi » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Good for you hdn.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:22 pm

pran80 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:57 pm
@hdn what are you trying to achieve with this PIL? I am sorry but I don't understand the purpose. Grateful for your revert brother.
Thanks,
Pranjal
Yes. I also read it but the purpose of this whole story is not clear to me. Personally I am not in favor of such idea which unnecessarily going to create a mess within our shooter community.
I am extremely sorry to say but this is what I feel.
Regards

Shivaji

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:34 pm

If a shooter participates in a peep sight rifle competetion and gets permission to import. Then he imports an Open sight non sporting rifle. He can still use the open singht rifle in matches designated for open sight.

One can use any rifle for competetions as long as the trigger weight, the sights and the caliber is up to NRAI specifications. The only thing is a non sporting rifle will not get you the scores a match rifle can.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:46 pm

why not file petition for treating .22 Air Rifle as Non Firearms or Increasing the Firearms Quota from 2 to 3 , than making our fellow shooters life harder and more complicated ???
Sorry but your petition doesn't make sense to me. A shooter may go for a .22LR Gold Cup with Adjustable Sight than buying a Pardini or Walther GSP and that is not a crime to me anyway. Its his choice his preference. And if he prefers to sale it to a licensed owner after his locking period is over , I don't see anything wrong there either. Seriously not getting your point here apart from sensing Grapes are sour
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:00 pm

All my follow Friends miss understanding that I am against import of firearms for the sporting events purposes.
I am only concerned about the firearms which were bought under baggage rule in Notification 147/94-Cus dated 13 July 1994 on the basis of 50% Customs Duty where the shooters are bringing the firearms of .45, .30, 357 & other bore civilians firearms which have nothing to do with sporting activities in India.
As under Notification 146/94-Cus dated 13 July 1994 were sporting firearms and ammunition are allowed to be imported in India without payment of any customs duty so shooters will be benefited and only those involved in illegally activities will be effected.
Rest will be Next
HDN

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Even firearms and ammo intended for sports only, can be imported ,sold and used in other activities other than sports.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:35 pm

hdn wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:00 pm
All my follow Friends miss understanding that I am against import of firearms for the sporting events purposes.
I am only concerned about the firearms which were bought under baggage rule in Notification 147/94-Cus dated 13 July 1994 on the basis of 50% Customs Duty where the shooters are bringing the firearms of .45, .30, 357 & other bore civilians firearms which have nothing to do with sporting activities in India.
As under Notification 146/94-Cus dated 13 July 1994 were sporting firearms and ammunition are allowed to be imported in India without payment of any customs duty so shooters will be benefited and only those involved in illegally activities will be effected.
Rest will be Next
HDN
Please read the notification, it clearly states upto what calibre and what types of firearms are allowed and all of those under it (the said notification) are allowed for use in competition as per ISSF rules. If any individuals have used this to bring in any other types, they can and should be prosecuted, as per law, for the rest - what's the problem?

Do you know what all calibres and types that are permissible as per ISSF rules, for different events? Contrary to what many with a superficial knowledge may realise, just because some calibres are "popular" amongst pro shooters, it does not mean that other calibres and types are not allowed to be used. Its largely a matter of personal choice of the individual shooter. I have a dear friend, who's been shooting skeet for decades now, and he prefers to use .410 and 20 gauge shotguns in stead of the bigger ones. Does the ignorace of the public mean he should now switch to using heavier 12 gauge, just because "everyone else" is using that?!

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, drink deep or not at all from this Pierian Spring!

If you really wish to serve the public, why not take up the blatantly ultra vires aspects of the Arms Act? The biggest issue today is issuance and renewal of arms licenses! If enough licenses were to be issued (as per latent public demand), everything else would be sorted out very quickly.

Just my 2 bits, hope it's taken in the intended spirit.

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:12 am

to_saptarshi wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:46 pm
why not file petition for treating .22 Air Rifle as Non Firearms or Increasing the Firearms Quota from 2 to 3 , than making our fellow shooters life harder and more complicated ???
Sorry but your petition doesn't make sense to me. A shooter may go for a .22LR Gold Cup with Adjustable Sight than buying a Pardini or Walther GSP and that is not a crime to me anyway. Its his choice his preference. And if he prefers to sale it to a licensed owner after his locking period is over , I don't see anything wrong there either. Seriously not getting your point here apart from sensing Grapes are sour
I am in support of the above statement.
If a shooter apart from his or her category brings another weapon of his or her choice, after legally qualifying the criteria of importing the aforesaid article and paying the duty for it ( discounted or not) then there is no point for others heartburn on this.
On the same way , after the locking period is over he or she can sale that weapon and can buy a new one.
Is it legally wrong. Atleat as per Arms Act and present law it's in accordance with law provided all tge necessary paperwork is completed.
Also pointed out by Mundaire that the range of approved caliber for each event is already there and any one can bring weapon within that guideline.
If he or she violated any guide line then our customs and other authorities are competent enough to nab them.
Why to create a mess when we have already a lot of other issues of restrictions.
I simple don't support any such activity which can create trouble to my fellow shooter community.
Any way it's my view.
Regards

Shivaji