My first gun

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: My first gun

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Ooh great
Best Wishes & Regards
Rajkumar Yuvraj Singh Dada (जाज्वल्य,छत्तीसगढ़)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lucid dreamer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lucid dreamer » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:32 pm

Lovely modification!!

Malhi17
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Malhi17 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:18 am

Lucid dreamer wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:32 pm
Lovely modification!!
:cheers:

ArunG
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ArunG » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:16 pm

Hi
I am a student/teacher and an army aspirant, currently preparing for CDS examinations. I am an avid supporter for the need of firearms for home security in this time of rampant criminal atmosphere.
Could anyone guide me with their experience on how a common guy like myself could be eligible for a simple gun license for home security( please avoid the google version and kindly reply with your own experience) .

rahul.dbr
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rahul.dbr » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:17 pm

Interestingly that modified RFI is my first gun too..hardly fired around 25 rounds through it but not a single ftf or fte. It is too early to comment but seeing it after my father's original ashani m1's performance, i am happy.
However, the cons of my piece are
1. Front site is set to slightly left nd down. Rear site set slightly right. So it has a tendency to form groups around 4 inches right and up from the point of aim
2. Locking slide to the rear inserting mag and releasing it does not chamber a round. The part of the slide housing the firing pin and which moves the bullet forward to the chamber when racked(sorry for the rookie language) is still on top of the bullet in the mag, in the slide locked position. So an extra racking is required.
3. A part of the trigger mechanism blocks the magazine from a smooth insert in the mag well. I tried slamming at first which worked. But now i just push the magazine to that resistance spot, slightly touch the trigger and push it a little further beyond the resistance point, remove the trigger finger just before final lock in by the mag catch. I know it is a safety no-no but i live alone so not endangering anyone and i safety-check my gun every time i pick it up(no exceptions) and i dont want to damage the trigger mechanism by slamming it daily. Saving slamming for the emergency situations but may be unknowingly i am building risky muscle memory. So on a second thought hope they don't come ever!
4. Recoil spring is quite a bit on the heavier side. Press checking with a forward slide hold takes quite a bit of force. Felt recoil is more than ashani mark 1. However, because of the same heavy spring it just eases through notorious .32acp rim locks like butter.
5. The grip safety bites the hand with a higher grip. Solution is to gripping it right the first time and not readjusting by loosening the grip.

I know it is a flawed piece but i can sacrifice everything for something which goes bang every time pull the trigger (fingers crossed) and would rather rather learn to live with it as it is (most importantly) within my budget, bullets cost less, has proven IOF barrel, size is comfortable for edc and concealed carry (my frame is small)

Do share your findings and whether your piece also has these issues or not. Hope it does not but that one is just a carbon copy of my piece. He he..

Malhi17
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Malhi17 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:55 am

rahul.dbr wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:17 pm
Interestingly that modified RFI is my first gun too..hardly fired around 25 rounds through it but not a single ftf or fte. It is too early to comment but seeing it after my father's original ashani m1's performance, i am happy.
However, the cons of my piece are
1. Front site is set to slightly left nd down. Rear site set slightly right. So it has a tendency to form groups around 4 inches right and up from the point of aim
2. Locking slide to the rear inserting mag and releasing it does not chamber a round. The part of the slide housing the firing pin and which moves the bullet forward to the chamber when racked(sorry for the rookie language) is still on top of the bullet in the mag, in the slide locked position. So an extra racking is required.
3. A part of the trigger mechanism blocks the magazine from a smooth insert in the mag well. I tried slamming at first which worked. But now i just push the magazine to that resistance spot, slightly touch the trigger and push it a little further beyond the resistance point, remove the trigger finger just before final lock in by the mag catch. I know it is a safety no-no but i live alone so not endangering anyone and i safety-check my gun every time i pick it up(no exceptions) and i dont want to damage the trigger mechanism by slamming it daily. Saving slamming for the emergency situations but may be unknowingly i am building risky muscle memory. So on a second thought hope they don't come ever!
4. Recoil spring is quite a bit on the heavier side. Press checking with a forward slide hold takes quite a bit of force. Felt recoil is more than ashani mark 1. However, because of the same heavy spring it just eases through notorious .32acp rim locks like butter.
5. The grip safety bites the hand with a higher grip. Solution is to gripping it right the first time and not readjusting by loosening the grip.

I know it is a flawed piece but i can sacrifice everything for something which goes bang every time pull the trigger (fingers crossed) and would rather rather learn to live with it as it is (most importantly) within my budget, bullets cost less, has proven IOF barrel, size is comfortable for edc and concealed carry (my frame is small)

Do share your findings and whether your piece also has these issues or not. Hope it does not but that one is just a carbon copy of my piece. He he..
1= I cannot comment on sight issue as i have only fired 3 shots that too at night.Will update on this later
2. Yes it will not chamber the round as the lock is for cleaning (i think) not like foreign pistol which locks back when magzine is empty to faster reload the new bullet in.at this price point it should be in this pistol
3. Yes i also have this silly problem. light trigger press does the job. Empty magzine slide in easily loaded does not.
I have tried to press trigger fully with empty chamber while inserting magzine fully in . The hammer does not go off so you have to release trigger then press it again to fire so i think it will not fire accidentally. Magzine quality is really bad. Need better quality
I will look it not this if it can completely be solved
4. Same. will try to change spring after sometime to softer one
5.i have not face that issue so far
as you said it does go bang no problem in that. EDC is very easy
One question. Do you carry one in chamber in EDC ? and how many in magzine ?