What does the Vikram Lunar Lander tell us about guns?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

What does the Vikram Lunar Lander tell us about guns?

Post by timmy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:43 am

We are all pleased and impressed with the Chandrayaan-3's Vikram Lunar Lander being successfully placed on the Moon's South Pole.

PM Modi's observation that "the sky is not the limit" almost sounds boastful, until we recall the principle that, "If you've done it, it ain't bragging!"

India was first in placing a lunar landing on the South Pole successfully. It had been tried before, and achieving a successful polar orbit to accomplish this feat is a tricky business. Also worthy of regard is that Chandrayaan-3, along with India's other space missions, have been accomplished on a much smaller budget than similar programs run by other nations.

This tells me a few things about guns:

1. India has the technical expertise to accomplish extremely technical projects successfully, including blazing new trails when doing so.

2. India is able to deliver significant scientific and technical results at a relatively low cost.

3. This successful project places India in a very favorable light in the new and expanding global business of space exploration and launching.

So, I am thinking, while guns have some involved technical aspects, they do not require the technical resources of Chandrayaan-3. This indicates to me that there's no good technical reason at all, why India could not design, manufacture, and sell advanced personal firearms at a low price, not only within the domestic market, but even world-wide. If this is so, the reason why capable -- even desirable -- personal firearms seem so scarce must lie elsewhere.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: What does the Vikram Lunar Lander tell us about guns?

Post by Vikram » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:56 pm

timmy wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:43 am
So, I am thinking, while guns have some involved technical aspects, they do not require the technical resources of Chandrayaan-3. This indicates to me that there's no good technical reason at all, why India could not design, manufacture, and sell advanced personal firearms at a low price, not only within the domestic market, but even world-wide. If this is so, the reason why capable -- even desirable -- personal firearms seem so scarce must lie elsewhere.
You have pointed it out very well, Tim. It is most certainly not for the lack of skills and technology but for the lack of the will.They simply do not see the will to produce better grade of firearms whereas the civilian manufacturers are trying to address this lacuna, with varying levels of commitment and success, despite the tremendous odds stacked against them.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."