Inder's first visit to an Outdoors Equipment Store

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mehulkamdar

Inder's first visit to an Outdoors Equipment Store

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Friends,

We couldn;t shoot partly because it was snowing and more importantly because Amit could not make it to the club today. So, Inder and I went to the Geneva IL Gander Mountain store and spent an hour there. Suffice it to say that there was hardly any time to look at the guns, fishing equipment and the rest - ATVs, clothing, boats etc.

I'll let Inder describe the visit. He wanted to take pics and post them here for those who would like to visit outdoor nirvana American style.

Cheers!

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Inder's first visit to an Outdoors Equipment Store

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi Ppl,

Yesterday was sort of blessing in disguise for me. We couldn't shoot because of snow and even Amit was busy so we decided to go to the Outdoor Store Gander Mountain. I just can't describe the feeling after entering the BIG shop. A huge store full of outdoor stuff, Fishing equipment, boats, landys, Guns, camo anything related to outdoors what anybody can think of. Everything I ever dreamt of was there..Berreta's, Remigton's, Browning's, Big bore rifles, S*S and My fav U/O. I think they had more fishing stuff than all INDIA collected.

What a Awesome experience.. I hope our government wake up and let us enjoy as citizens of other countries do...

Mehul, Thank you once again for an incredible experience.. I don't have words to thank you.. and please forgive me for acting like a child let loose in a toy store :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:02 pm

Inder,

Believe me - we all turn like children in candy stores when we go to one of these places. :mrgreen: In any case, I enjoyed the trip as much as you did and if you had not come, neither would I have gone there.

Amit and I met at the Joliet store when he bought his Remington a long time ago. The best friendships seem to work out in gun stores. 8)

Only, don't let your Mrs know that I took you there because I might automatically become persona non grata in your home because you will end up spending more and more money. :lol:

Cheers, buddy, see you and Amit on Sunday and we'll have some fun.

Mehul

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:03 am

In the words of the great Cobra (Stallone), "Wait, You're young yet".

Dudes, Gander is a "Gali ke nukkad ki dukan" compared to the Cabelas and Bass Pro. You should go to Cabelas in Minneapolis, or I don't know if the Bass Pro near Michigan City has opened yet. The Cabelas in Minneapolis has two buildings, almost same size, one is regular, the other is "outlet". The Cabelas in Kansas City has a stuffed wildlife (mounts) exhibit that is twice the size of a regular Gander I'd say, imagine the rest of the store. Inder, try to convince Mehul/Amit to take you on a road trip to Minneapolis, maybe during Christmas/NewYear holidays. Visit the Cabelas (Owatonna), Mall of America and downtown Mpls/St.Paul. It'll be a good trip (I've been there twice). I heard they're planning a Cabelas in Hoffman Estates.

We are truly blessed.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm

Sharief,

While the Waukegan Bass Pro shop is very much on the cards, I personally prefer the gun selection at Gander Mountain to that at Bass Pro. Also, Gander's policy of allowing clients to pick guns up from their racks themselves and look them over is vastly preferable to me compared to Bass Pro's behind the counter display. That said, among the chains, I like Scheels best because they have the best selection of guns of any of the big chains here - vastly better than Cabelas - though in typical Wisconsin style they do not have a half decent website. Otherwise, I prefer buying guns from small family owned shops like Mike Schrank's Smoke N Gun because they have a very friendly atmosphere and are fine people to talk to in addition to having one of the finest ACGG accredited custom gun shops in the USA. Grumpy and I spent an afternoon there talking to Dave Norin and we had a very nice time.

BTW the Illinois Anti-gun Nazis have introduced a bill in the state legislature to prevent Cabelas from opening the Hoffman Estates store. Frankly, I doubt that the store would ever open. Next thing on the cards - banning semi auto rifles and shotguns. :cry: