Rifle Modification by Novice - ME

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="38251 wrote: Before you recrown make sure the cut is at right angles to the bore.

Also chamfer/smoothen out the outer edge of the muzzle or you may cut your hand on a sharp edge.
I did clean the crown with a file (grinding) n its a neat right angle now. pls check the pict attached above.

thanks for ur reply
regards
advitiyas
Just Do it !

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:22 pm

advitiyas";p="38291 wrote:What do u think, should I cut the butt as well?
Why don't you exchange your stock with the other member here who has already broken his stock's butt? You could work out a deal and then there will be 2 happy airgun owners - each with what they want... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm

cannot see any picture after grinding
advitiyas";p="38293 wrote:
Mack The Knife Bana";p="38251 wrote: Before you recrown make sure the cut is at right angles to the bore.

Also chamfer/smoothen out the outer edge of the muzzle or you may cut your hand on a sharp edge.
I did clean the crown with a file (grinding) n its a neat right angle now. pls check the pict attached above.

thanks for ur reply
regards
advitiyas
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:43 pm

advitiyas";p="38241 wrote: So I lost my patience today. I chopped the barrel to half its length and I was surprised to see the air rifle is still quite accurate. I used it for shooting a can from 10 m and I was able to do that with easy.

I am posting some picts of it

here r picts Mr badshah0522. well I can recognise the STD code for Lucknow in ur id.
Just Do it !

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:46 pm

mundaire";p="38300 wrote:
Why don't you exchange your stock with the other member here who has already broken his stock's butt? You could work out a deal and then there will be 2 happy airgun owners - each with what they want... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Yea of course its a bright idea, I am also thinking of making a new stock of it. I will give the local shop a visit. I was thinking if it will perfecting fit into any other Air rifle.

thanks
advitiyas
Just Do it !

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Srry i can only see the old picss,,,
You are right i m from Lko,,i told u earlier in introduction thread ,,but i think u didnt read it..
badshah0522";p="38303 wrote: cannot see any picture after grinding
advitiyas";p="38293 wrote:

thanks for ur reply
regards
advitiyas
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Hey that really great a atleast I find one person from lucknow n sharing the same interest. Check ur message box dear :)
Just Do it !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:52 pm

advitiyas";p="38293 wrote:I did clean the crown with a file (grinding) n its a neat right angle now.
It most certainly does not look like a right angle to me.

Incidentally, shooting at public property (telephone pole) and letting the pellet go outside your property will land you in trouble.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:02 am

I checked my inbox but unfortunetly no msg from ur side???????
advitiyas";p="38329 wrote: Hey that really great a atleast I find one person from lucknow n sharing the same interest. Check ur message box dear :)

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 pm

portability eh- is that what you are looking for.
try this.

Put a sleeve with threading in the sleeve on the cut portion of the barrel.
detach the barrel (part still attached to the gun) - take it to a local machinist - and have threading done on it too to match the threading on the sleeve.
Now you can assemble your gun where you want.
Of course you will have to work on it in such a way that the foresight is aligned to the rearsight.
Also ensure that there is no obstruction where the 2 barrels meet and that it is smoothed thru.
Wanna give it a shot???
___________--------- sleeve with threading inside
Barrel
```````````---------sleeve with threading inside
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="38331 wrote: It most certainly does not look like a right angle to me.
Thanks Mack The Knife Bana for ur kind attention, Its not perfect. Being a casual metal worker I am going through some hard lessons :)
Just Do it !

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="38331 wrote: Incidentally, shooting at public property (telephone pole) and letting the pellet go outside your property will land you in trouble.
I live in a busy localilty, therefore I can't practise shooting in day time. I try my rifles at 3:00 AM under streetlight :(
And the telephone pole is not in use

I do care !

regards
advitiyas
Just Do it !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Found the following handy article on the Crosman forum on home crowning an airgun barrel -

http://www.network54.com/Realm/CFTech/BioCrown.htm

Quite simple if you follow the steps outlined therein.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein