Anschutz Sport Air Rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Anschutz Sport Air Rifle

Post by Prabhath » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:58 am

Members,

Here's info on the Anschutz Sport Air Rifle. Didn't know that Anschutz was into sport air rifles all these days. Looks like a quality product. Hope someone in IFG has tried the product out and can post some feedback on the same.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... &sprache=1

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Anschutz Sport Air Rifle

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:14 am

Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Steyr are the top precision airrifle makers.. Walter is also great ( at a little less price when compared to FWB).

Any product from them is of superb quality.

cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:26 pm

I have used the FWB P700(alu and wood stock) and the Anschutz 8002 (wood stock). Great rifles for 10 mt shooting. Both rifles are excellent to handle, with the Anschutz being the heavier of the two. I prefer the FWB as its easier on the back when you shoot for long. However the front aperture on the Anschutz (3.0 mm) is a tighter fight on the target and makes for a better sight picture as compared to the FWB, which has a slightly larger aperture(the one that I used). But the aperture bit can be fixed with a smaller front sight insert.

So if you get a chance, try em out and be the judge :)

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Prabhath, checked out the link you've posted above and the specs don't seem to be very impressive
Very robust ANSCHÜTZ repeating air rifle with 12 shot magazine for round lead pellet No. 9, 4.40 mm
They claim it shoots round ball lead pellets @ 110 m/sec (~ 361 fps). It's sounds like a pure gallery gun, good for plinking cans etc. at short ranges... and considering the brand it's likely to be frighteningly expensive!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:34 pm

:agree: Yep Prabhath,

These are range rifles, built almost exclusively for 10 Mt events. The have few peers if any in this field and are extremely efficient in that niche. However if you look beyond the range, they will come up short in terms of power. If you're looking for off range capabilities, look elsewhere, in-range they are the best. But as Mundaire said, the prices are out of this world.

regards
8)
OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:16 pm

OverUnderPump";p="40027 wrote: These are range rifles, built almost exclusively for 10 Mt events. The have few peers if any in this field and are extremely efficient in that niche. However if you look beyond the range, they will come up short in terms of power.
i assume you are limiting yourself to the 10m competetion versions ("meccano guns", in someone's opinion) from these manufacturers, NOT the FT models. the Steyr LG 100/110 series, for example, has both FT and a Hunter variant, both designed for greater power than 10m indoor matches
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Yep hamiclar01,

Those are the ones I have been fortunate enough to get to use, what with the import restrictions :lol:. And I stick to the range mostly. So, I gave a feedback based on what I had seen and used first hand.Any others beyond that are still hallowed ground that I'm yet to tread upon.

regards
8)
OUP

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Err... the sport air rifle on the link provided is not suitable for 10m events.... it shoots 4.4 mm lead balls and not 4.5 mm diablo pellets. More of a tin can/ fairground balloon basher than a proper paper puncher. Which is what prompted my comment, that it may be a tad expensive for it's intended application (fun plinking)...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein