Diana Mod 300R,46,52

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Diana Mod 300R,46,52

Post by chattron » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Hello Guys,would like some advice n comments from the Gurus regarding the above Diana mod 300R,46,52 air rifles.How do these fare in comparison with the famed HW 77/97,TX 200.GSmith is quoting 45k for mod 52 or 54 not sure,r these guns worth the price?Awaiting your opinions.Bye.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Diana Mod 300R,46,52

Post by sudhaiob » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Hello there,
I had earlier ordered a model 52 and 350 magnum. The problem is that after sourcing the weapon, they sent me a message asking me to make arrangements to pay the amount in cash at Pune, they did not also tell me the mode of despatch to Tamilnadu. i ultimately droped out as i did not want to risk the Rs 40000/k quoted for each, it has been said in this forum that they can be trusted. i would like you to study these aspects as well.
Regs
sudhaiob

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:52 pm

i assume you've been through past posts on the forum, specially

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1583
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Chattron,

In my opnion, don't buy from indian dealer, check out some old post in air guns section, there are various other ways discssed to import/procure your imported air gun.

Take a pain to go thru old post it will calrify many more points.

-Kanwal

chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chattron » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 am

Hello Guys thanks for the suggestions.I must have somehow missed out on the earlier posts on these anyways have gone through them now.I have some questions nevertheless.If i were to choose from mod 300R,46,460 magnum,52,which one would u suggest n why.Secondly what is the accuracy of these models according to actual users.

Kanwal,
thanks for the suggestion but it seems nothing is working out for me now.I have been trying to import a decent air rifle/pistol via all the routes mentioned but not successful till now.I am feeling little desperate as m not able to get new/used competition grade guns within my budget of 30k even though they r available abroad.I am thinking of taking part in atleast open sight category hence the above queries.

Take care,
Chatur.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:20 am

chattron";p="37694 wrote:I am feeling little desperate as m not able to get new/used competition grade guns within my budget of 30k even though they r available abroad.I am thinking of taking part in atleast open sight category hence the above queries.
AFAIK NO "competition grade" air-rifles are being sold anywhere in the world (new) for anywhere close to INR 30,000/-... you have surely been misinformed... Also, none of the models you have mentioned are suitable for 10m air-rifle competition, please don't insult the intelligence of the members here! If you are merely interested in plinking/ casual shooting, so be it! No need to pretend to be interested in competitions... the vast majority of gun/ airgun owners do NOT participate in competitions anyway, and this is not a phenomenon restricted to India. I myself have not been for a competition for 15 years or so... that does not mean I don't enjoy shooting...

Anyhow, best of luck in your search...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Chattron,

Models you have selected are not suaitable for competition, never seen someone using springers in competition nowdays.

You may try your luck to find an Co2- pistol ( new or used ) in this budget that can be used for 10Mt competition. Post your requirement in Wanted section of forum. Which city r u from ?

-Kanwal

chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chattron » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Mundaire
My sincere apologies if i have offended anyone out here.I am a guy of average IQ so i donot consider myself worthy enough to question anybodies intelligence.I have come across Guns like TAU 7 match,Alfa CO2 sport,IZH 46M,Rohm Twinmaster Top etc which cost <$600(new) provided ofcourse if i get it through personal baggage route.Maybe i had not framed my query properly, my mistake.Regarding open sight category i donot have any idea hence looking out for guidance.

Kanwal
Thank u for the suggestion,have been posting in wanted section.I am from Goa.Bye.

Take care,
Chatur

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Chattron,

AFAIK CO2 guns have been discarded by all serious competitors, due to the fact that their velocities are very temperature sensitive. So I personally would not recommend CO2 powered guns to anyone wishing to compete in matches.... that's the exclusive domain of Pneumatic or PCP guns these days... BTW you are asking for advice on rifles on this thread but listing out sub-$600 pistols above? What are you looking for - a rifle or a pistol?

If you are serious about competing, none of the Diana models should even be considered... unlike the Dianas 10m match rifles are low powered but very very accurate, they have to be - to enable to shooter to consistently hit a pinhead sized 10 ring...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Chattron, if you are looking for an inexpensive trainer rifle take a look at, http://www.pyramydair.com/p/izh-61-mult ... ifle.shtml

GG

chattron
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chattron » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Mundiare
There seems to b some misunderstanding.I just wanted information about these Diana models for casual plinking in order to satisfy my urge if m not able to take part in any competition.This is mainly because there is authorised dealer of Diana here in India.I did not intend to veer out this topic.Regarding all the other talk about competition Guns i was just replying to Kanwal.Whatever knowledge i have gained about CO2,PCP and SSP guns is mainly through this forum.I had read one of the Gurus mention usability of mod 54 in open sight competition in earlier posts which made me curious. :roll:

GG
I had enquired with pyramid air few months back and found their reply regarding shipping doubtful.I have checked IZH 61 mod,nice economical rifle with 2nd stage trigger.Would try to get one in near future.

Guys m awaiting ur replies on the Diana mods,whether to go for them or not.Bye.

Weihrauch Fan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Weihrauch Fan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Chatton,
I am new in this forum but with 40 years experience with pneumatics.
Diana RWS Spirwerke is the second best manufacturer of airguns for mass consumption in Germany After Weihrauch(Nobody can beat HW's Quality).You may trust to their production.
From the compilation you posted above it seems to me you looking for mid rande vermint hunter?
I have in my collection the following models of diana:
Diana 54 Air King - 0.22 cal
Diana 350 magnum - 0.22 cal
Diana 300R - 0.22 cal

If it is interesting for you I will share my opinion for what I've got.
Mod.350 is powerfull gun.and that's it .It is one rude and uncomfortable gun.With the velocities which it providing ,need to be shooted with Beeman Kodiaks or H&N Baracudas ...20+ gtain ammo.
The recoil is nasty and not everyone can handle it.It is a perfect midrange(20-35 m)verminter but it is not target plinker at all. Edited. Please be careful about what you post on this forum in future. Mack The Knife.

Diana 300r-the mid power repeater with 16 grainn ammo giving me arround 200 m/s 7 round,
perfect plinker.Sometimes when i am in the mood taking one bag with empty bottles and the 300r.
Fun is guaranteed.Do not expect to do miracles wit it in +50 yards.

54 Air King..Well the Best Diana's model ever made.Recoiles which is = accuracy.Power :with 16.24 Grain Ammo Webley Lazapell sh :twisted: ooting with 870-880 fps....
With this rifle i have from 100 m Indoor 3 shots in 21 mm group (Scope 10-40x50 Tasco) and 28 mm outdoor ?! This was the gun regular winner in the springers class of the big Field Target Tournaments.
Rifle with it's own soul.I have it for years,and still regulary taking it with me for shooting.I have 5 PCP's but diana 54 is like Harley Davidson Surrounded by Newest Bikes:Noisy ,Rude and Unrepeatable.

Please note that was just a personal opinion based on personal experience.

Cheers.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:23 pm

georgi thats my opinion too regarding the 54 airking,its the best for plinking all day long with a support pod.love it.
do you have the 460 too in your collection by the way,how wud you rate it as an underlever?
cheers sanjiv

Weihrauch Fan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Weihrauch Fan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Hey Sanjiv,
460 is not in sale in Dubai,
But it seems to be most powerfull underlever springer arround with it's 950 fps in 0.22 cal.
I would love to have it one day.

my dianas are 350,54 and 300R only

Cheers

Georgi

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:06 pm

chattron";p="37694 wrote:Hello Guys thanks for the suggestions.I must have somehow missed out on the earlier posts on these anyways have gone through them now.I have some questions nevertheless.If i were to choose from mod 300R,46,460 magnum,52,which one would u suggest n why.Secondly what is the accuracy of these models according to actual users.

Kanwal,
thanks for the suggestion but it seems nothing is working out for me now.I have been trying to import a decent air rifle/pistol via all the routes mentioned but not successful till now.I am feeling little desperate as m not able to get new/used competition grade guns within my budget of 30k even though they r available abroad.I am thinking of taking part in atleast open sight category hence the above queries.

Take care,
Chatur.
The diana 300r is no longer in production. The dianas are extremely powerful. If you're looking for a nice springer also take a look at the walther talon magnum its the same german quality at half the price! I am just in the process of importing a 460 magnum for myeself!