Which is the most accurate break barrel in 10M category

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:38 pm

I am also considering Beeman-FWB Sport Model 124, If I finally able to find one in good condition and if that comes within my budget. Anybody have any experience/feedback with this one ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 pm

hamiclar01";p="40128 wrote:as for the front sights, i'm not recommending grooving the barrel. but there are other less invasive ways of attaching them
Doesn't Crosman make "slide on" (to the muzzle) plastic foresights? They are supposed to be cheap enough and should not require any permanent mod... But it's a post type sight and one would need to check what diameter barrel it is designed to fit...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:30 pm

to_saptarshi";p="40129 wrote:I am also considering Beeman-FWB Sport Model 124, If I finally able to find one in good condition and if that comes within my budget. Anybody have any experience/feedback with this one ?
Excellent choice if you can find one in good nick. Just bear in mind that FWB made the same rifle in .177" and .22" calibre but labeled them differently. The 124 is .22" cal and the 127 is .177" cal.

Other recommended break barrels would be the HW80K and HW95K.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Which is the most accurate break barrel in 10M category

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:18 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40142 wrote: The 124 is .22" cal and the 127 is .177" cal.
Thanks Mack The Knife. Yes its very hard to find a FWB sports model in good condition and I am keep searching for it, But I think Mod 124 is .177 " and Mod 127 is .22" , Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:09 am

But I think Mod 124 is .177 " and Mod 127 is .22" , Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are right. Thanks for the correction.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:39 am

Just an update, finally got a FWB-124 Sports model in pristine condition. :D Classified ads in airguns.net really worked well, :wink: however I have to collect it from a FFL dealer located 50 miles away from my home :evil: also have to pay him 25$ as shipping and handling charge which can be easily avoided, anyway I am still happy with my purchase, The rifle is in pristine condition , the bluing is original and almost spotless, Rifling is as like new, It comes with a beautiful walnut stock with checkering pistol grip, fixed front sight and adjustable rear sight. I will post some pics shortly.

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your valuable comments and feedback on this topic.

Regards
Saptarshi

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Congratulations! It's a lovely gun, I used to have one a few years ago.

GG