UTA Airrifles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

UTA Airrifles

Post by snIPer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi,
Has anyone used any UTA airrifles????

I just saw one in a shop recently. Asking price is around 4k for a mod 35 .22
The chap says that its an imitation of the IHP.
Finishing is almost a copy of the IHP.
Same sights.

Power seems good. Was told that it has a good spring in it - dealer wont say which.

Inputs will be appreciated.
thanks
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: UTA Airrifles

Post by ebenezer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Sniper,
I have a 27 model UTA. The power wasn't that good initially, and i changed the spring with a TASCO Accuracy is really good. Recently, i enquired with a sports shop here, where the guys quoted Rs. 3,000 for a 65 model.
Regards
Ebenezer

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey Sniper: Bangalore armoury has a huge stock of UTA, he quoted prices between 2.5 to 3 for 3 models..

The best thing I liked is the fact that all models have scope rails.

The finish is not bad at all with nice dark staining.

Dont know about the power though. Of course, you always have the option of upgrading to better springs/seals should you choose to.

Mo.

//edit: I just spoke to a friend of mine who has a UTA. The gun lost power within a couple of months. When they opened it up, the main spring was broken. It could've been a bad copy he got. But apart from that, it has no other issues. Once the spring was changed, everything was back to good.
Last edited by Mo on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks guys

karandheer78
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by karandheer78 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi Sniper...I have one, bought from a gun shop in Pune, break barrel, 0.22 cal. The rifle is sad...really saaaaad! Dunno if it was my bad luck to land a bad piece or wot..but the following happened within 10 days of my purchasing it.

1. The rear sight went loose. It wud shake with each shot & I was trying my darned best to zero in the gun. Did not realize it initially but then when the shots started going all awry I reckoned somethings wrong with the gun n surely not with me. Took it to the gun shop & he tried fixing it, with no luck. In about 20 shots or so, it wud again rattle.
2. In the meantime, the front post slipped down & when I pointed tht out to the seller, he tightened it. And tightened it all right! Right upto the base of the front sight protection globe! On loosening it a bit down, I realized why the gunsmith guy had done this. Coz the front sight too rattled & kept on geting loose after each sucessive shot!
3. The trigger is horrible! I also have a IHP in 0.22 & 0.177 cals & they r faaaar better than this piece of metal n wood.

The gunsmith had told me to get it back in case of any hassles, but by tht time i had given up the ghost & got myself a brand new RWS 350 Magnum in 0.22 cal.

I use the UTA gun occasionally but the power is worse than a pea shooter now & it's only 6 months that I have used the gun! Wud not have put more than 1500 pellets thru it till date!

I am planning to carry it to Gsmith & overhaul it with some better spring, sight et all...but then I really wonder...wud it be really worth it?

Cheers!

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:01 am

..........of all the air guns/air rifles sold in the market National/IHP still remains the best. Most of the air gun manufacturers say that their airgun is a copy of the national...but besides just copying the finish they have nothing else to offer

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:08 am

Thats sad, i thought that finally IHP was getting some local competition but seems that its not so.