Repair Crosman 1377 Classic in Bangalore?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 pm

mundaire";p="36514 wrote:Mo, what you seem to have are a relatively uncommon type of screw head - called the Robertson aka square drive.
These are available. Lots of Taiwanese and Chinese bit sets have them.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:26 pm

Hmmm... Where can i find them? But what about the rivet like joints? I think they need to be replaced once removed.. I sent another mail to Crosman for details on dissassembly. Lets see if they send it..

Plus, if Dev can indeed fix it, the steps would come in handy..

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Repair Crosman 1377 Classic in Bangalore?

Post by Mo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 pm

mundaire";p="36514 wrote: Mo, what you seem to have are a relatively uncommon type of screw head - called the Robertson aka square drive.
Not exactly.. But close.. My army knife has a key for square heads. But the crosman ones are slightly different.

Let the gun get here. The pics'd make things clear..

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 pm

There were 3 versions of this pistol, do you know which one you have?

Here is a link to the crosman site, they have a lot of good info there:

http://crosman.com/site/manuals_crosman_pistols
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:26 am

I just spoke with a factory authorised gunsmith who works on these.

After some discussion, here is an option for you:

Remove the rear sight and the barrel, and the trigger assembly & grips and send the pump body & trigger assy to him. He will rebuild everything and test fire it (can't check velocity and accuracy without the barrel of course but can verify trigger pull and everything else. Cost is estimated to be $40-$50 plus shipping. He is in the Chicago area, you could either mail the parts to him direct or give to someone to hand carry to Chicago. He says all you need to disassemble this far is just a screwdriver.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 am

Hi Mark!

Thanks a lot for the info bro!

My version does not have a bolt to uncover the breech. I have to slide the cover to insert the pellet. The newer model has a bolt..

I cant wait to get the gun back. Could you ask the person in what order do the parts come out? Cause as far as I remember, removing the barrel is next to impossible, the way it is setup ie. The rear sight is just screwed on. So its a breeze to get that out. So are the grips. The trigger assembly should also come out easy if i remember it well. But its the barrel thats the main issue.

I owe you one mate!

Thanks a ton!

Mo.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 am

shutzen";p="36525 wrote: HI! Try one of the socket tool sets - the small ones which come in those plastic boxes.
Hiya Mate!

I sorta missed this post.. I actually tried several tool kits. But never found a match. Its a dilemma!!

Mo.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:29 am

Mo,

Did you check out the first link I sent? It has manuals and a parts breakdown, you should be able to figure it out.

Does your gun have a steel breech? (1st model)

Plastic breech? (2nd model)

Brass bolt? (3rd model)

Also, I found another source who can send all parts needed to rebuild for $15 plus postage.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:30 am

Mo";p="36573 wrote:
shutzen";p="36525 wrote: HI! Try one of the socket tool sets - the small ones which come in those plastic boxes.
Hiya Mate!

I sorta missed this post.. I actually tried several tool kits. But never found a match. Its a dilemma!!

Mo.
Can you take a pic of the fastener?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:31 am

Mark,

The pistol is currently in Dubai.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:22 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="36577 wrote:Mark,

The pistol is currently in Dubai.
Actually its at Kerala. My Friend should be back in a weeks time from today.. I'll have the pics by then..
Mark";p="36575 wrote:Mo,

Did you check out the first link I sent? It has manuals and a parts breakdown, you should be able to figure it out.

Does your gun have a steel breech? (1st model)

Plastic breech? (2nd model)

Brass bolt? (3rd model)
Mine has the steel breech. The first one..
Mark";p="36575 wrote: Also, I found another source who can send all parts needed to rebuild for $15 plus postage.
You're quick mate!! Can I have some details on this? Thanks again!!

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Posting on behalf of Dev.

Send the Crossman along with the spares to Delhi,and he will fix it for you.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:09 am

I just got a reply from Marc Miller of Crosman. He sent me a huge exploded view of the pistol and a parts price list.

He said that no special tools are required to completely knock down the pistol and reassemble. So I'm assuming that the screws are either something thats really common there or they dont have to be removed to effectively disassemble the gun. (Major Parts ie). Or He could be a customer email representative and knows zilch about the screw!

Also, I can exchange with a .22 barrel with no other changes to the gun. The barrel comes for just $4.90! So I'm thinking :twisted:

I've asked him to send me a knockdown manual or an email for a technician who can guide me. Hoping for the best!

@Mark: Can the person you spoke with, be able to provide a knock down manual??

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 am

Mo,

I am PM'ing you the gentlemans contact information, please send him an inquiry direct and CC a copy to me if you'd like. I see no reason why he could not simply mail you the items direct once he received payment and that would be simplest for all. He may not know what a "knock down manual" is, so ask for the relevant parts of the "service manual", maybe he could scan the relevant page.

vivek009
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vivek009 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Mo";p="36482 wrote:Hi Guys!

My Crosman 1377 Classic .177 Pistol is dead!

It does not pump anymore. The lever just moves without any resistance. I contacted Crosman and they sent me a set of free washers (amazing service - the gun is 8 years old!).

I dont want to give up a pistol that I personally chronoed to find 578 to 617 fps depending on pellet.

But the issue is that, nobody can open it! I dont want to send it to Crosman and die at the customs with their formalities when I get it back! There are no bills or any papers whatsoever. Just the gun, pellets and some Copperheads.

A friend took it to kerala where a gunsmith promised that he can repair it in a jiffy as he was supposedly an expert on air-pistols. Little did I realise that the guy has laid his eyes on only local break barrel pistols and haven't heard of a crosman ever! I hate these guys who talk big when you're on the phone assuming that its just a gun and you're just a kid!

Anyways, my friend is getting it back next week in the same condition and I'm in need of advise!

Help!!

Mo.
Hey Mo

I have a problem with my Crosman too and looks like I may need to order some spares as well. How did you contact Crosman? through the usual customer service link on the website or did you call or something?

regards
Vivek