Diana RWS 54 or the Diana RWS 350 Magnum or a national

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Diana RWS 54 or the Diana RWS 350 Magnum or a national

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:10 pm

kanwar76";p="3103 wrote:So which is the best spring powered airgun? Just curious :mrgreen:
In the recoilless sporter category it would be the Whiscombes and Venoms (now V-Mach) in the recoiling category.

I have a very soft spot for the FWB 124 and 127 as well. They were lovely 'springers'.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="3129 wrote: In the recoilless sporter category it would be the Whiscombes
Don't know much about air rifles, but did a Google on "Whiscombe" and the prices are, well... expensive! :shock:

Wonder if it is at all worth it, to be buying an air rifle at prices upwards of GBP 1,000!!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:10 pm

People pay many times that for a small painting. Why? :)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:20 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="3135 wrote: People pay many times that for a small painting. Why? :)
Touche! :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

Do you have a spring compressor? Cause then doing steps 1-5 becomes easier. I found that without a spring tar, having a pwerful spring in the national is nasty. After a while the vibrations from a powerful spring will work all the screws loose and then the trigger will become unreliable. I suspect that it is better to use the rifle with the spring it comes with. Doing the lubing etc. may make it more enjoyable. In fact I shot mine with same spring for about six years. The best pellets for it are the mastershot round heads. They work magic together.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:03 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="3129 wrote: In the recoilless sporter category it would be the Whiscombes and Venoms (now V-Mach) in the recoiling category.
I have a very soft spot for the FWB 124 and 127 as well. They were lovely 'springers'.
Mack The Knife
If i am not wrong TX200 comes lazaglided from factory. :?:?:?

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi Dev,

I have a spring compressor but nothing like the ones you have seen on the net.

I don't see what points 1-5 have to do with a spring compressor. You are assuming that Sohail is getting a more powerful main-spring. If that is the case and the preload is excessive, then the trigger wont cock. This can always be rectified by removing one coil at a time and grinding a flat edge to the end, until the correct length is found.

I have always believed that power without control amounts to zilch, so I agree with you about the futility of using unnecessarily powerful main-springs.

Anyone using a spring-piston airgun should use removeable threadlock on the stock screws.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:16 pm

kanwar76";p="3158 wrote:If i am not wrong TX200 comes lazaglided from factory. :?:?:?
It comes with buttoned or ringed pistons but that does not make it a Lazaglide for the simple reason that the TX is a factory product and Air Arms cannot spare the sort of time that would be required on a bespoke air-rifle. Not at that price point.

Another name worthy of note were Air Masters. They did some excellent work on HWs during the early to mid period of Field Target shooting. I am not sure if they still make custom 'springers'.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification Mack The Knife,

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:53 pm

kanwar76";p="3172 wrote:Thanks for the clarification Mack The Knife,
Inder, don't get too hung up on bespoke guns. Obviously they are better but the way you shoot it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. :mrgreen:

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:06 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="3180 wrote:
kanwar76";p="3172 wrote:Thanks for the clarification Mack The Knife,
Inder, don't get too hung up on bespoke guns. Obviously they are better but the way you shoot it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. :mrgreen:
Yeh Yeh Lemme get a suitable pellet for my Gem then we ll see :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:10 pm

YAAAAWNNN...... :roll:

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi Mack The Knife

What's you personal take on a HW 97K and a TX 200? How do they compare

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi Ranjeet,

I have owned a TX200HC but never got to hold it, leave alone shoot it. Hence, I am not exactly qualified to compare the two.

However, being a member of the Airgun BBS since it's inception in May 2000 and having read hundreds of user comments on both rifles, they compare as follows:

Balance: Opinion on this point seems to be split right down the middle.

Trigger: Again you have an almost even split with a slight bias in favour of the HW.

Max muzzle energy in .177" and .22" calibres are almost similar.

Accuracy: My untuned HW97K was a tack driver and I honestly can't see the TX being better. Since the TX is also reputed to be very accurate, I'd say it's even stevens again.

Out of the box performance: TX all the way - it has a smoother cocking and firing cycle. 55 quid for a V-Mach DIY kit may have the HW running as well, if not better.

Price: They both cost almost the same in the U.K., though that may not be the case in Germany.

Stock: The inletting of both air-rifles is properly done. The TX uses allen bolts whilst the HW uses slot headed screws. I prefer the former. I personally feel the TX has a better stock design but that is a subjective point. You have the option of a walnut stock for the TX but at a price and they are not always available.

Fit and finish: Even stevens again. However, recently there have been a few complaints about the bluing on AA rifles. It's possible that the complainants were at fault (not wiping down the metal bits with an oily rag).

If you decide on a TX get the TX200HC. This is the carbine version and shorter than the HW 97K. I am sure it will balance better.

That's all I can think of for now.

Hope it helps.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:05 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife, it was indeed helpful.

By the way, on an earlier occassion I was trying to get some strip down info of a HW 97 and found this site

http://users.skynet.be/fa830879/airgunn ... strip.html

Somehow doesn't seem to work now, but I wanted to mention that this website mentioned, he had got your TX 200 that you had sold it to him and he inturn he had sold it to someone else..

Didn't know you never got to use it..

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum