Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ai

Re: MASTER SHOT PELLETS OR GSMITH PELLETS

Post by ai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Rs200 for 250 is a very good price! Rs600- RWS Superpoint/Superdome are available from time to time for about Rs1000/- for 500 pellets in .22. I'll have some in June.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ram
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ram » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:51 pm

I seem to be heading nowhere finding the address of the Mastershot pellet making company. They supposdely have a web site by the name www.mastershotindia.com which does not work. I intend to buy mastershot pellets can somebody help me out. I am from Rajahmundry,Andhra Pradesh.

velind
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

Post by velind » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 am

Hang on Ram. I too am in the same ship, trying to find Master Shot Pellets in Hyderabad.

I will definitely let you know when I find them.

Can someone let me know the pricing and availability of Master Shot .22 pellets in Hyderabad.

aniruddha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aniruddha » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 pm

You could have checked for United Shot Super Quality Pellets at Aimco which is a new launch. It is much more heavier & accurate than the existing one & hope it will definitely fulfill your requirements.
Thanx

Christopher Rodrick
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Christopher Rodrick » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I have used the United Shot Super quality pellets but it is no where close to Gsmith or Master shot pellets when compared to quality or accuracy. Gsmith is the best of the lot for Indian made pellets, Master Shot (Export quality and not the premium one) comes after that.

Cheers,

Chris

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Dear Shooters,
I have Diana 460magnum, 350magnum and 54recoilless.....but none of them are able to digest Gsmith pellets because they are veryyyyy heavy ! Gsmith pellets are good in size,finishing and quality but air gun is after all a toy that works on the air pressure and not on an explosion . So it is better to have light weght pellets. Each gun has a different velocity and it is advisable to try different pellets to find a suitable match !
I am quite happy with Master Shot pellets (Round Headed) though they are comparatively smaller to Gsmith because they give better result in range and accuracy.Gsmith pellets easily fit in an imported bore as they are meant for export while Indian air guns don't have a standard bore in .177 and .22. So Gsmith pellets are comfortable with imported air guns while Master Shot pellets are with Indian made guns.
Still I am not happy with Gsmith pellets regarding my Dianas because though they fit well, they droop a lot ! So henceforth I have planned to go for Master Shot -- Round Headed pellets.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Try Master shot Export - they are much better in finish and can be said to be at par with Gsmith.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Try Master shot Export - they are much better in finish and can be said to be at par with Gsmith.
Dear Sniper,
Thanks for the advice ! I will surely go for the same !

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:08 pm

I have been using Mastershot Flatheads (Wadcutters) and find them extremely consistent and accurate.

They have started making separate Pistol and Rifle pellets as well - with different dimensions too if reqd. But those you will have to source directly from them. They come in packaging of 6 tins of 500 each and the minimum order will have to be 12 tins. You can also get them in polished or non polished form.

I have seen them being used in multiple weapons - right from my IHP M35 to a Steyr LP10E. In all of them we found them grouping better than the GSmith's top of the line - the P10s. It's wayyyy cheaper too! (about 180-190 per tin landed!) :)
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Dear kb100,
Yesterday bought Master Shot - Wadcutter pellets. They are flat headed. What to say about their report ? They are wonderful !! I hardly missed the bull's eye twice out of ten pellets I shot on the target from the distance of 25 meters. But the only tension is that of the shopkeeper's recommending not to use these pellets for my Dianas as according to him they are very hard and may damage the grooves. Even I fell the same. So please share your knowledge about the same.

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

In one word - BOVINE EXCRETA! :P (.. Sorry - two words!)

That shopkeeper has no idea what he is talking about! These are lead pellets we are talking about and scores of shooters in India have been using these in their ultra-expensive match weapons (for practice) without ANY issue till date.

By 'Hard' if you mean they are a tight fit in the barrel then yes.. I have noticed this too. Tight is actually good. The pellets are made of lead.. this is a very soft substance and will sit well and form a nice tight seal with the barrel within the first few centimeters of travel! This aids accuracy to a very large extent!

But if you have to use so much force that the pellet itself gets damaged, then they also have pellets with smaller diameters... but these you will have to order directly from their factory.

Lastly please remember that 25 mtrs is just about the outer limit of any wadcutters accuracy (because of the aero-dynamic characteristics of the wadcutter design) . Beyond this you will find the round heads will perform better.

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

By 'Hard' if you mean they are a tight fit in the barrel then yes.. I have noticed this too. Tight is actually good. The pellets are made of lead.. this is a very soft substance and will sit well and form a nice tight seal with the barrel within the first few centimeters of travel! This aids accuracy to a very large extent!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear kb100,
I do not mean the same. I know that if a pellet fits face to face it covers the maximum distance because it doesn't allow the air to escape from any of its sides.
What the shopkeeper meant was that Master Shot pellets have impure lead while imported pellets are just like cream ! Even I have observed the same. An imported pellet is flattened into a thin coin after hitting an iron sheet while Master Shot pellet is broken into small hard pieces. Also an imported pellet can be easily moulded while a Master Shot pellet breaks if hammered.

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:31 pm

I have not heard of a single case of Barrel damage due to mastershot pellets. I have read some talk of antimony being bad for barrels.. Mastershot can also give you pellets without antimony if you so desire.

Some reading material on pellets..

http://www.beemans.net/airgun_projectiles.htm

DISCLAIMER - I have absolutely nothing to do with this(- or any other) company. Just sharing information I gleaned during my search for pellets.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:41 am

shooter460magnum, contrary to what is has been told to you by the "shopkeeper" pure lead is usually considered to be "too soft" for use in pellets - it is almost always alloyed with other metals (the formulation of alloy & hardness will vary by pellet brand). In fact one of my major grouses with G Smith pellets is that their pellets are "too soft", which leads to easy deformation (prior to use) and prolonged use would eventually lead to "leading" (accumulation of lead in the barrel) which would then require some hard work to clean it out.

Ask this shopkeeper to explain how .22 LR rifles, using (hard) alloyed lead projectiles, often shooting at higher velocities than most ordinary air-rifles - can digest 1,000's upon 1,000's of rounds before even requiring a barrel cleaning, let alone wearing out the barrel rifling :?: :!:

For the past couple of years I've been (almost) exclusively using H&N Field Target Trophy and JSB Exacts in my air-rifle and both are substantially harder than the G Smith's... in fact the latter almost feel like they are made from pure lead! I did an informal comparison test of a few different types of pellets about a year or so back and in my air-rifle the G Smith's produced the least muzzle energy and gave the absolute worst accuracy of the entire lot! The other pellets I tested were H&N Field Target Trophy, JSB Exacts, RWS Hobby wadcutters (all .22 cal). The air-rifle used was a sub-12 ft/lb AirArms TX200HC, and the H&N FTT's came out tops, closely followed by JSB Exacts.... needless to say YMMV

Haven't seen/ tried Mastershot pellets since decades back when I was in school, so cannot offer a comment on those.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Biren wrote:Hi,

I have using GAMO Promagnum penetrator pellets for my IHP 35. Found them good. Perfect fit. One can buy from Oriental Gun CP Delhi for Rs. 300 for a tin of 250.

Cheers
Biren

why not share ur experience of mastershot, if u have shot that with ur new one.
BTW, congrats for the new one.
:cheers: