Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

Post by shooter460magnum » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Dear Mundaire,
Its always a pleasure to share your thoughts which are outcome of a huge knowledge and experience ! Even I have very bad experience of Gsmith pellets and once I dared to suggest the owner to reduce the weight of his pellets consiquently getting a scolding for the same. As per the owner he is a ballistic expert and I am too small to advise him ! He also insisted upon his dealeships with a number of well known gun manufracturers like Diana ! ( Sorry to say that on Diana's web-site there is no dealer for India.) The owner also boosts that his pellets are exported all over the world. ( God knows who is using such heavy pellets ! )
Finally the chapter is closed for me and henceforth I will stick to the Master Shot-- Wadcutters and will try to get the brands mentioned above !

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:12 pm

shooter460magnum, before you decide to go for a bulk purchase of expensive imported pellets I would suggest you try different pellet types/ brands in your own air-rifle. Each air-rifle has it's own particular favourite pellet and often even two rifles of the same make/ model will have different ammo preferences.

Ideally you should try to get to try about 20 pellets of each type/ brand that you are considering and test them for accuracy against each other. Only after that should you consider stocking up on the particular pellet your own air-rifle favours...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

deepakvarde
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepakvarde » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 am

While there are several types of pellets available, I'm comparing the Master shot's shooters special, G Smith's P10 and H&N's Sport - all in .177.

Yesterday I got my first consignment of Master Shot Wadcutter .177 shooter's special. I was so impressed with the finish and shape of the pellets that it tempted me to compare it with my regular H&N .177 sport.

You wont believe, they are so identical that you can hardly tell the difference. When you filp them over and see up the skirt, you can then tell a difference. Both are equal in depth, just that Master Shot's end towards the pellet head is slightly bigger than a dot as compared to the H&N. I am hoping to see a difference in the grouping due to this change.

I then compared it with the P10. P10's have a different finish and are a bit heavier than the Master Shot. Upskirt comparison of the P10 is similar to that of H&N.

Trying the Master Shot in Crosman Challanger and Gamo Whisper, it seems the Challenger like it (maybe due to low power and being a competition rifle), however the Whisper (boasting of 1200 fps) gave better groups with the P10 than the other two (Master Shot and H&N).

When we compare the Master Shot with the H&N, the groups are comparable (This is at 10 meters). The only reason I would highly recommend the Master Shot for down range plinking and competition purposes is that results are comparable with the international brand but price is not. Master Shot is way too affordable than the imported H&N. You would get a tin of 500 pellets of Master Shot for Rs. 180/- approx as compared to the H&N at Rs.350/- (this is my club's discounted price. Market price could be double or more). P10's costing around Rs. 250 /- to Rs.350/- depending where you buy them from. So isnt the choice easy now?

This comparison has made me proud as an Indian. We have now home grown pellets that are second to none of the international brands. I understand that both the Master Shot and the P10's are even being exported!!!

Besides, it is on us shooters to promote and encourage our fellow indian manufacturers to continue and improve the quality of the pellets.

Happy Airgunning.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Theres 'magnashot' too from some guy in Moradabad or its surroundings. Asked him for two or three tins to try out but he didn't give me any lift. Guess he wasn't intersted in selling to shooters directly. From his photgraphs it apprears that the tin content in his pellets should be more than any Indian made pellets that I have seen or tried.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

deepakvarde
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepakvarde » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Are there any details of magnashot on the net? Where did you see the photographs? if you can share those you could PM them

Also, dosent he have a website?

This way I found the Master Shot to be just apt. They have a basic website, a phone number to call, a person to answer with all details, email ID dosent work though, but the guys are helpful and fast in responding to the orders placed. Best is that they have an option to pay online.

Regards,
Deepak

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:03 pm

deepak,

Try the 'to sell' section in the 'other' forum. 8)
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

t20
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by t20 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 pm

deepakvarde wrote:Are there any details of magnashot on the net? Where did you see the photographs? if you can share those you could PM them

Also, dosent he have a website?

This way I found the Master Shot to be just apt. They have a basic website, a phone number to call, a person to answer with all details, email ID dosent work though, but the guys are helpful and fast in responding to the orders placed. Best is that they have an option to pay online.

Regards,
Deepak
Don't waste money on magnashot.

deepakvarde
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepakvarde » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Katana, There is no such information there. Please PM me the details

t20, thanks for the concern. I just wanted to check out what other Indian manufacturers have to offer.

Regards,
Deepak

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Hmmm. whats the latest on indian pellets. i am keen to start shooting the MARAUDER .177,waiting arrival of crossman pellets from USA, till then which one should i try-gsmith or mastershot

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Deepak...
i have that Magnashot Pellets .22 for my ihp 35, i send u mail (Magnashot, Tremondous, Mastershot Pellets pic)
- Siddik Patel

deepakvarde
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepakvarde » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Siddik,

I got your mail. You've sent me the pics of the cover only. Please send me the pics of the pellet.

Also, how does one get a tin of these? Is "Tremendous" an Indian brand?

Regards,
Deepak

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Don't know about Magnashot, but there was a manufacturer by the brand of Tremendous from Moradabad. Met the proprietor at Shri Fort range once and even tried his pellets... sorry to say both experiences left a lot to be desired. The gentleman actually spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that airgun pellets dipped in cow dung could be lethal on humans :roll: thankfully a friend came and "rescued me" from his clutches before I ended up giving him a piece of my mind! :evil: Needless to say, I'd give that brand a wide berth... :P
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey,
I have a load of tremendous pellets which I can give away to anybody in new Delhi. They are free long as they collected by the interested party. I wouldn't shoot them though I used to use them through the range pistols.
Pm me.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 am

mundaire wrote: The gentleman actually spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that airgun pellets dipped in cow dung could be lethal on humans
Really, i would have thought such pellets would be holy, the rifle spitting them out being christened "Gau-gun"
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 am

mundaire wrote: The gentleman actually spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that airgun pellets dipped in cow dung could be lethal on humans :roll: :P
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
i read twice in disbelief !!!

Thomas