Postage costs from Uk

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Postage costs from Uk

Post by Sujay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:42 pm

rahulk";p="15107 wrote:Thank you folks for the help. I am working on it.

Can anybody provide inputs on my plans of...
using membership of Dwarka Shooting Club rather than taking membrship of any national/state/district rifle association...

Will this work...any thoughts...
Now reluctantly I have to move to PM mode...........
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:13 pm

hai friends
i have planned to get gamo cfx .177 air rifle from pyramidair.com,does any one had purchase experience in this site can guide me in regards of their shipping,custom clearence..

Thanks
Striker

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:39 pm

First the OT. Why did you choose the Gamo CFX ? It has been discontinued /withdrawn by BAR. It might have some problems.

To know about PyramydAir, try completing an order and you will see that they make it very clear in bold red letters that they are not responsible for goods seized by customs.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:47 pm

There is an alternative to using a courier service for parcels from the UK which is to use Parcelforce Worldwide - the parcels division of the Royal Mail. Pricing is less expensive than a courier because they have reciprocal arrangements with domestic post office services in the countries they deliver to. Tracking is available, ditto insurance. You can check the rates ( and everything else ) at :
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/pw

The reason that so many US dealers are reluctant to export concerns the extra documentation that exporters have to provide and obtain since 9/11 on all sorts af shooting related material - even such things as gunstocks. Some smaller companies have found it extremely difficult to obtain Export Licences ansd many can`t be bothered.

The Gamo CFX is still available and has no problems. I have a friend who runs a gunshop and he stocks the CFX as his basic springer because it is well enough made, powerful and reliable. He stocks BSA air rifles for the same reasons. Not exactly exciting though.......................

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:43 pm

Grumpy";p="18000 wrote: and he stocks the CFX as his basic springer because it is well enough made, powerful and reliable. He stocks BSA air rifles for the same reasons. Not exactly exciting though.....................

Not exciting eh.. ? But I find it exciting that you keep a tab on these mundane stuffs in addition to the excotic ones !

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:03 pm

hai sujay
wat would be a better underlever air gun under 250 $ & trusty online shop who ensure the goods to door steps after customs clearence.

thanks
Striker

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 pm

Striker, it isn`t the shop that is responsible for the safe international delivery of a parcel - that is down to the carrier used or the Indian Post Office. ALWAYS insure items that are shipped internationally.
Sujay, it is just coincidental that I was in my friends shop on Saturday lunchtime and reliable air rifles were just one of the things we discussed. As regards what is mundane or exciting that rather depends on where one is - most of what I deal with you would probably find exciting but it`s pretty boring as far as I`m concerned. I really like falling block rifles but most people think they`re boring because they are single shot - I missed out on one last week that I was really fed-up about.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:44 pm

hello grumpy
which online gun shop ships the item internationally to india.i think in india i have to show rifleclub membership and pay 35% duty to get my stuff if i am right.any ther site other than B.A.R bcos they have mostly pcp and above 300$ stuffs more ever i prefer under lever of gamo cfx royal or hammerlie nova....which i dont find in B.A.R

Thanks
Striker

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 am

I don`t know which British retailers are prepared to export to India - Mack The Knife would be the person to ask about that - but some companies that might be worth having a look at are :
Target Sports of Bolton www.targetsports.co.uk
The Airgun Centre www.theairguncentre.com
Eton Castle Armoury www.etoncastlearmoury.co.uk
J.S.Ramsbottom www.jsremsbottom.com
Uttings www.uttings.com
D.A.I. Leisure Pursuits www.daileisure.com
Michael Tawn Airgun Supplies www.tawnadoairguns.com

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:44 pm

nice site grumpy thanks, waiting for the reply from rustum regarding the under lever airgun buying from on line shops

Thanks
Striker

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Striker,

Barring one deal with J.S. Ramsbottom, I have only dealt with B.A.R..

Nothing wrong with J.S.R., it's just that they do not do third party transactions and many a time I needed to do just that.

I am afraid you will just have to get in touch with the various shops mentioned by Grumpy or ask B.A.R. if they could get you the airgun you want.

Mack The Knife

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:07 pm

dear Mack The Knife
"Nothing wrong with J.S.R., it's just that they do not do third party transactions and many a time I needed to do just that."
i really dont under stand wat u mean by third part ytranscaction

thanks
striker

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 pm

dear Mack The Knife
i dont find any email id of B.A.R in their site .if u know pls send me

Thanks
striker

Lloyd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lloyd » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:57 am

[email protected] ( expect a reply in 2 days, i have to answer a fair amount and some are very time consuming )

We have had a few problems with TNT recently ( but nothing in comparison with Parcelforce) but it looks like we are still ok to send to India . These courier companies are a nighhtmare to deal with

We have most airguns in stock, I apologise for not having everything on the website but we are busy and customers come first. As soon as we get chance we add more products ( we have the cfx royale in stock )
Gamo have evidently discontinued cfx's in .22 and their deliveries have been very slow of everything else recently.

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Hey guys,
considering how expensive tnt is.....can we arrange any courier company to pick up the parcel from BAR and ship it to our address in INDIA ......... or anyother equivalent method ..... thanx
regards