Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

Post by snIPer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 am

It is not a laughing matter - airgun pellets dipped in cowdung are indeed fatal / lethal on humans - they cause tetanus or some other dreaded disease i guess :mrgreen:

/S/
thomast1 wrote:
mundaire wrote: The gentleman actually spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that airgun pellets dipped in cow dung could be lethal on humans :roll: :P
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
i read twice in disbelief !!!

Thomas
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 pm

or may be the guy shoots himself in disgust with his own firearm (bullets dipped in the male version of cow dung!), :mrgreen:

Thomas

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm

HI DEEPAK...
ok i send u pellets picture at wednesday, Magnashot pellets (round head) is heavy and finished, accuracy is good in my IHP.22, and Tremendous!!!! west money (Bakwas pellets). i buy it - 500 Magnashot and 200 Tremendous both Rs.600. at Baroda...
- siddik patel

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 pm

davidj7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by davidj7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 pm

I ve had bad experience with gsmith, No consistency on my diana 45. Even though it looks good , its very difficult to hit something . My favorite is Thunder bolt from UK. I shot ***EDITED & member is advised to read the Forum Rules AND Expected Code of Conduct PRIOR TO posting - Moderator*** at around 8 -10 mtrs . The bullet went through and came out the other side :D

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... hunder.jpg

hawk31981
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hawk31981 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Personal exprience with my ihp35b says that mastershot export quality rounded pellets give best results the regular mastershot and all gsmiths dont group well and are very inconsistant and recent experiments with marshalshot pellets also produce terrible results

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:45 pm

davidj7 wrote:I ve had bad experience with gsmith, No consistency on my diana 45. Even though it looks good , its very difficult to hit something . My favorite is Thunder bolt from UK. I shot ***EDITED & member is advised to read the Forum Rules AND Expected Code of Conduct PRIOR TO posting - Moderator*** at around 8 -10 mtrs . The bullet went through and came out the other side :D
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... hunder.jpg
Hi David,
I would suggest you use only imported pellets in the Diana to get the best performance from it.
The Thunder looks very much like MasterShot Hunter pellets or vice versa as it seems.

P.S. Some things are not legally allowed in India so careful what you post :-)
Happy hunting mate ************************
/S/

***Minor edits, Sniper I hope you understand why :) - Moderator***
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

davidj7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by davidj7 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 am

oops bad me , ***Member is advised to read the Forum Rules AND Expected Code of Conduct PRIOR TO posting. We take such posts quite seriously here! - Moderator***

I try my best to use only imported pellets .I like the way the imported pellets fits in the barrel , and when you shoot a piece of wood the damage done by a indian made one and an imported one can be seen instantly . The perfection is unmatched.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Based on feedback about Aimco on IFG, I decided to order pellets (5 X 500 Aimco .22 cal & 5 X 500 Mastershot .177 cal ) from Aimco online on Dec 3rd. I paid money directly into their ICICI a/c which was promptly acknowledged the same day. They also wrote to me that they were out of Mastershot flatheads and instead suggested that I opt for GSmith Amateur of similar value. Alternately, they also offered to reimburse the money paid out for Mastershot. This being my first time, I decided to go ahead and give the GSmith Amateur a 'shot' anyway as Aimco assured that GSmith were similar in shape and quality to Mastershot. I OKed and received a confirmation mail from Aimco giving me details of the product shipment by registered post which was done on Dec 4th.

So far I am pleasantly surprised with the professional up-to-date status approach by Aimco. All I have to do now is await the delivery (in 12-15 days) as instructed and check and tackle the pellets and see if the pellets and the guns choose each other - "...for the wand must choose its master". :)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Dear Members,
All the Gsmith products are originally of some other brand. Gsmith is a fox who only changes the wrapers !!!! Gunmark 350 magnum by Gsmith is actually IHP 35. The same way Master Shot Exported pellets are sold as Gsmith pellets!!! It is same for all the Gsmith products !! So beware !!!

chucky
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chucky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 pm

shooter460magnum wrote:Dear Members,
All the Gsmith products are originally of some other brand. Gsmith is a fox who only changes the wrapers !!!! Gunmark 350 magnum by Gsmith is actually IHP 35. The same way Master Shot Exported pellets are sold as Gsmith pellets!!! It is same for all the Gsmith products !! So beware !!!

How about the steel tipped pellets. Mastershot does not produce them. Any further information regarding the same would be very helpful. :(

shooter460magnum
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter460magnum » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Dear C,
Very easy !! A steel ball is fixed at the tip of the pellet making a hole in it. Gsmith has his own workshop where this reformation takes place. I have visited the place a number of times though the out-siders are banned. The Master Shot Exported Pellets (round headed) are used for the same. A pellet with a small hole at the tip is sold as a High Split Pellet. The pellets are dipped into a particular liquid to lose their shine and identity.
I have a Gunmark 350 magnum where you can clearly see the logo of IHp when the owner told me that it is his own product with an imported barreel of Beretta from Italy !! In short Gsmith is a cunning convertor. I just want to warn the young shooters... that's all !!!!

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

airgun_novice wrote:Based on feedback about Aimco on IFG, I decided to order pellets (5 X 500 Aimco .22 cal & 5 X 500 Mastershot .177 cal ) from Aimco online on Dec 3rd. I paid money directly into their ICICI a/c which was promptly acknowledged the same day. They also wrote to me that they were out of Mastershot flatheads and instead suggested that I opt for GSmith Amateur of similar value. Alternately, they also offered to reimburse the money paid out for Mastershot. This being my first time, I decided to go ahead and give the GSmith Amateur a 'shot' anyway as Aimco assured that GSmith were similar in shape and quality to Mastershot. I OKed and received a confirmation mail from Aimco giving me details of the product shipment by registered post which was done on Dec 4th.

So far I am pleasantly surprised with the professional up-to-date status approach by Aimco. All I have to do now is await the delivery (in 12-15 days) as instructed and check and tackle the pellets and see if the pellets and the guns choose each other - "...for the wand must choose its master". :)
Received my shipment today from AImco - within stipulated period. Now for the usage part - happy plinking and target-shooting to me!
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

nsudhakar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nsudhakar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Hello IFGians.

Would someone tell where in Delhi are Mastershot pellets (Export quality) available.

Regards
Sudhakar

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Try Garg Armoury at Kashmere gate. They normally have a pretty good stock.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.