Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Mastershot vs. GSmith Pellets

Post by bodhijobs » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 pm

dev wrote:Try Garg Armoury at Kashmere gate. They normally have a pretty good stock.
Garg is out of stock for Mastershot Wadcutters in 0.177 as well as Gsmith P10. They have Gsmith Competition. IHP 35 (0,177) doesnt like Gsmith Competition whereas Canon likes them very much.

I am surprised IHP gives super groupings with Magnashot Flat heads :shock: .
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...

For Advertising mail webmaster
bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Latest update:

Gargs has P10 again as well as Mastershot Wads. But they have limited quantity. The P10s came to them after my endless persuasions with Prasad.

I did try with Mastershot factory, the only problem is that you need to buy at least 12 tins containing 500 pellets each. They have a white tin and yellow tin for wadcutters. I found the white tin better.

White tin costs rs 1800 + 12.5% taxes + 144 rs as courier charge to delhi, other places may vary. Cost is for 12 tins.

yellow tin costs rs 1500 + 12.5% taxes + 144rs courier charges. Cost for 12 tins.

I hope this is informative.

Regards
BDG

harsh94
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by harsh94 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

A lots of information, thanks.
Now we would like to know the weight of P-10, master shots wads & G-smith completion.
Rgds/Harsh

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 pm

After considerable experience of shooting with my FWB P34 AP, I found that Mastershot (Yellow) outclasses entire the gsmith stable. Have not tried those in white box, but the yellow box for my AP is better than the MS Green box pellets.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Mine shoots P10's better. Will not shoot Mastershots worth a hoot. Probably has to do more with individual pistols than the pellets themselves.
Weight wise the P 10's are heavier around 8 grains if I recall correctly.

Regards,

Dev
P.S. Now I am shooting those weird pellets that came in dented cans from Ballistol India.
The ones that aren't dented shoot pretty okay.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Going through all the responses concerning the comparison of various brands & weights of AR & AP pellets - It only reaffirms the universal opinion that - "No two ARs / APs perform similarly!

One can go through posts made by experts in ARs / APs in international forums that validate this premise :D

Air Arms are peculiar mechanisms each behaving in a way only peculiar to them - experts till date have no conclusive opinion on this!

However in my considered opinion the reason may be the "Breech Size" - in 0.22 cal some ARs come with 5.5mm ID & others 5.56mm - The former being the followers of the German Metric System & the latter the British system which converts 0.22 to 5.56mm. This tiny difference could be the culprit in terms of fitment of the pellet in the breech.

Some one once told me that German made pellets work well in German made ARs!!! While the same pellets perform a tad differently in British made ARs!!!

This opens the discussion on what dimensions do pellet manufacturers observe while making them? Interesting eh?!!!

I own 3 ARs all in 0.22cal-
1. A super tuned IHP35
2. An ORION made by Precihole Sports
3. A Custom made 'Turboshot'
All of these give excellent results with Mastershot Wad Cutters (14gr) & with 15.2gr round heads which are under development. The same is the case with RWS Super HP in 14gr. While other brands locally available (14gr) in different shapes stand no patch.

I've decided to stick to MS Wad Cutters & 15.2gr RHs & enjoy my shooting :D
In fact that's what international Gurus say - Stick to the pellet that performs well in your AR & Enjoy your shooting :D
Briha

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:34 am

Dear dev/ brihji,

You are absolutely right - performance of pellets also depend upon their relationship with individual AP/ AR. Thx to dev's experience never bothered to go for the "gold" - I mean H&N and R-10 serve that purpose quite well; so why risk ? :-)

I still would raise a :cheers: to Mastershot guys in that they are continuously in the process of trying to improve their pellets and their classification among these is distinguishable e.g. You do see difference in the pellets out of Yellow Box v/s Green box. Other department is Customer relationship. Our own AK49ji had interacted with these guys at Meerut and came back pleased. I can't say the same after having met both the Sr. & Jr. of gSmith a few times at their Pune location. :-(

regs
A.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:55 pm

It is amazing how some rifles simply perform better with some types of pellet. I ordered 1000 Wadcutter and 2500 AIMCO pellets for my SDB. I was very frustrated using Mastershot Export which simply was not working for my rifle.

Here is an image of a 5 shot group comparing the two. Standing, 10 m artillery hold. (AIMCO is mislabelled as "pointed" - they are round head). Two of the Mastershot pellets failed to hit the target sheet.
aimcovsmse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:21 am

Customer service of MS is undoubtedly good. Even over phone, they are always eager to help you. I am sure it will be even better when you interact personally.

Regards
B

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:52 am

bodhijobs wrote:Customer service of MS is undoubtedly good. Even over phone, they are always eager to help you. I am sure it will be even better when you interact personally.

Regards
B
Seriously? can one contact them on the phone? Any specific contact information available?

My interaction with GSmith has not been positive. But on my air rifle, GSmith work far better than MS exept for MS Wadcutter. My experience with Mastershot export pellets is not good.

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 am

You can call their landline available on the website. They pick up calls and act promptly.