Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
gypsy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by gypsy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:56 am

The price of Steyr LP10E seems to be on the rise. The cheapest vendor-Euroshooting has just increased the price by 30 Euros from 1490 to 1520 :( I should have bought it this month rather than waiting for my next month's salary!

For Advertising mail webmaster
I'am Gladiator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by I'am Gladiator » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:30 am

hhchoudhary wrote: • 5) Please mentioned HS Code or any duty exemption benefit available for same
If you have all the above mention documents your stuff will come like a maska without any trouble with in a 7 to 10 days in metro city and 20 to 30 days in any other part of the India
This is the producer I had followed and got my stuff delivered in Mumbai.

What is this HS code? can you please tell me

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 am

Gypsy, better late than never!!! Buy it before it becomes 1600. With fuel prices on the rise globally and the increased international focus on Iran embargo, one can only expect raise in transport costs.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

gypsy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gypsy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Yes sir, that's why I am ordering it tomorrow itself, already lost a lot due to missing discounts and increasing transport costs :( hope they don't raise it any further before they process my order :)

dilipvp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dilipvp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 am

Hi friends,

I got a Baikal 46M pistol delivered yesterday at home from Pyramydair.
It took 14 days after ordering.

regds,
regards,
-Dileep

gypsy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gypsy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:36 am

Congratulations Dileep. Could you let us know which by which courier it was sent and how much they charged. Any issues you faced at customs!

dilipvp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dilipvp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am

thnk you gypsy..

it was sent by fed-ex, shipping was 118$ including a shooting glass, pellet trap and extra seals, and no issues faced at customs. I have been asked for following documents.

1) CommercialInvoice
2) Copy ofRegistration Certificate with Rifle Clubs or District / State / NationalRiffles Association
3) BankRemittance Copy / Internet value / manufacturer’spricelist and catalogue/ Purchase Receipt - value supporting documents for the declared invoice value ofthe shipment
4) Technicalwrite-up / End-use letter- brief synopsis of the contents with reason of import
5) Pleasementioned HS Code or any duty exemption benefit available for same
6) Letter authorizing FedEx to clear the shipment

rgds,
regards,
-Dileep

shiv
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shiv » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm

@dilipvp Congrats ! good show!
Pics would be gr8!
And happy shooting...

dilipvp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dilipvp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 pm

thankyou shiv.
your new guns look cool too.
i will post pics.

rgds,
regards,
-Dileep

mmakarandd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mmakarandd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Dear tiwariarrun & all IFGians
I am from Pune, I want to import Diana 350 magnum compact .177 (Break barrel 1225 FPS), I am not a member of any rifle club. But I still want to import the Diana 350 magnum, without getting headaches, and with reasonable cost as you regularly imports please guide me, I have gone through all the posts but since you have a lot of experience in importing air rifles Please guide me how to import Diana 350 magnum ?
how much that will cost me ? including courier charges, customs, hidden charges ?
from where should I buy it ? how to pay them ? which documents
Most important which documents I should collect & where i will get them ( before placing order) ?
For which documents I should ask seller to send me ?
What care I should took specially for customs to clear my air rifle ?
what about wood pellet test ?
17 Feb 2012 notification that only renown shooters can import air rifles, what does that means ?
How much will I have to pay to rifle clubs to get their membership and import letter any ideas ?
I am a common man, I don't have lots of money, big contacts , but still I am passionate about air rifle shooting and Diana 350 magnum.
Please help me & guide me ( I know very few about importing air rifle).
Thanks....
( waiting for reply)

anupjee1954
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anupjee1954 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 am

Heres two questions, posted it on another thread, did not get satisfying answer.
1. Our State Rifle association will take 2-3months time to furnish ID cards. But they can give me the bonafide certificate! Is the ID card a compulsion to import an air rifle? If yes, what if I get a provisional ID card, with my photo and all the details mentioned in it from the Orissa Rifle Association, will that do?

Talcher Rifle Club does not issue ID cards at all!!!!! How do people cope with that?

What does the bonafide certificate say registered member or registered shooter?

2. Is there a problem if I import Walther 1250 Dominator? If yes, why?

Shankar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shankar » Wed May 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Anupjee,

A letter from the association detailing that you are indeed a member of the organization and membership number is essential. The temporary I.D. Card will be needed as it relates your photo and membership number.
A brief synopsis by you or the club/association is now mandatory if you will be using Fedex to import .
I have followed the list of requirements by Fedex and they clear the consignment in no time and have it at your doorstep.
Regards.........Shankar

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello all, I have read the posts in this thread and have a couple of questions:
Now that my elder son is eight years old and is quite ready for air rifle training, and having put off the attempt to import an air rifle since 2009, I finally ordered a Crosman Air Rifle, pellets & safety glasses on 25th May 2012 from PyramydAir. The payment was made via Paypal and the package was shipped on the same day and is on its way and is due to arrive on 30 May 2012.
In the mean time I have made copies of :
1.NRAI membership card
2.Order confirmation by email from the seller
3. Payment receipt from Paypal
4. Notification No.52 (RE-2007)/2004-09 Dated: 21 November 2007 (Highlighting the relevant portions)
5.Notification No.95 (RE-2010)/2009-2014 Dated: 09 February 2012 (Highlighting the relevant portions)

I have also prepared a draft letter to the Commissioner of Customs (I will change it depending on requirement) requesting duty free clearance citing the relevant documents above. This letter also mentions that I authorize FedEX to clear all formalities on my behalf.
Questions:
1.Does the NRAI have to give me separate letter confirming my membership?
2.I don't have an Invoice as such, from Pyramyd air, only their email confirmation is that enough?
3.Is there any thing else that I need to have ready??

On another note I have dealt with PyramydAir in 2000 while I lived in the USA and have been very happy with their prompt service.

Thanks,
Anand

mulki
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mulki » Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Anand wrote: Questions:
1.Does the NRAI have to give me separate letter confirming my membership?
2.I don't have an Invoice as such, from Pyramyd air, only their email confirmation is that enough?
3.Is there any thing else that I need to have ready??
Anand
Letter from NRAI not needed but good to have with with you in case they ask for it. I have cleared one shipment in the past from PA without needing any letter from the NRAI or RAAP.

You can ask PA to send you a PDF Invoice which can be sent along with the rest of your docs to Fedex.
--
Mulki

arjunsrv
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Any Recent Delivery from Fedex

Post by arjunsrv » Sat May 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Dear Friends,

Any one had recent delivery from Fedex, Please post.

I want to know, do we need to go personally to clear the airgun, Or fedex do it for us .

( of course after submitting all required documents to fedex for clearance.)

Thanks,

Arjun.