What air-rifles and air-pistols do you have or have had?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:47 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="5324 wrote:
They made components rather than entire air-rifles. Well, that's what the rumour said.
Mack The Knife,

They definitely assembled whole air rifles in the old Union Motors building back in the late 90s. I remember because I was briefly there along with K R Rajkumar (of K R Studios) though I was not given any information about the guns or even allowed to do more than see the process through a large glass window.

The Union Motors business closed down subsequently and the building was itself converted into a mall cum software sector location. We also sold our business two doors away in 1998 and I completely lost touch with these people. I have not been able to talk to Mr Rajkumar after coming to the US because I have misplaced his number though if my wife gets to meet him - she is in India at the moment - I should have more information to post here. The problem is that she is not likely to get facts about the guns very accurately - she enjoys potting away aith a 22 at blocks of wood floating on a pond at Mark's place but cannot be bothered to learn about guns - hence my request for someone who could talk to the TVS guys to get more information from them.

Cheers!

Mehul

PS If TVS still make the things and if they are interested in selling them, I would be happy to buy two if we couod work out a group buy as gifts for family in India.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: What air-rifles and air-pistols do you have or have had?

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:07 am

Mehul,

You are the first person I know who actually saw them being made and assembled.

Did they resemble anything here... http://www.falcon-airguns.co.uk/frameset.htm ?

Surely they were sans stock?

Nobody at TVS will give me the time of day leave aside entertain any purchase request. However, I could try to find K R Rajkumar's phone number.

I would definitely be interested in at least one and could well gather a few more punters.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:27 am

Mack The Knife,

They were definitely full air rifles and not just actions or components. Were some kind of pneumatic all right, I could not get close enough to see them as I told you.

If you talk to Mr Rajkumar, he would be able to help. He told me that he would talk to the TVS people and get me permission to check the guns out. It just happened that I wasn't able to go for one reason or another over the years and in 2004, I moved to the US and haven't been back to India since. K R Studios' address happens to be 138 or 139 Mount Road (now known as Anna Salai) Chennai 600002. If you do talk to Mr Rajkumar, please tell him that I would like to speak to him sometime. I doubt he meets my father these days as my father has been bedridden for almost a year now and he is slipping away.

I am confident that if yu ge through to Mr Rajkumar, we would be able to get the guns - if Falcon allow them to be sold in India, that is.

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 pm

Mehul,

It's very awkward for me to speak to someone I don't know on a subject such as this.

However, I will speak to a friend high up in the U.K. airgun trade and see what he has to say.

Will start a new thread if I do learn something.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:46 pm

Mack The Knife,

Am sending you a PM.

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:24 am

I`ve remembered another couple Dodger - a `Hy Score` .177 pistol. It purported the be the most powerful air pistol available. Nice pistol but with a crummy trigger. The model was the 88 or 800........There was an `8` in it anyway. Wasn`t as powerful as, say, a Webley Senior. American anyway.
The other was another pistol.......might have been called a `Rekord`. Very compact, very well made, German and also a .177. Looked like a semi-auto. I wish I still had both of them.....especially the second.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:28 am

I started with a Daisy BB gun, like virtually every other american boy. There was a street sign at the edge of a field, must have been 80 yards away, that I used to be able to hit every time, had to aim about 10 feet over the sign.

first real pellet gun was a winchester break barrel that I believe was made by Feinwerkbau, I actually wore the sear off the trigger. had a few other ones that were junk (crossman 760's etc) before I got a Sheridan which I still have. I also have an RWS 45, RWS 6M, and a few cheap BB pistols floating around that were remnants from my 20's when we'd sit on my sofa and shoot across the room at beer bottles that I put on a large sheet of plywood. Don't laugh it is great fun! Some years afterward I was reading "The First and the Last" by Adolf Galland and he mentioned spending evenings visiting Ernst Udet (I believe) and after an evening of drinking Ernst would bring out a block of lead and they'd shoot targets with pistols in his apartment. I instantly related to that one!

I also had a CO2 gun but didn't like it.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:23 am

Some years afterward I was reading "The First and the Last" by Adolf Galland and he mentioned spending evenings visiting Ernst Udet (I believe) and after an evening of drinking Ernst would bring out a block of lead and they'd shoot targets with pistols in his apartment.
WOW! Their targets probably were pics of Churchill and Roosevelt even though what they really would have liked to peppper is pics of Adolf and Hermann. :mrgreen:

Any luck with spare parts for the 6M?

Mack The Knife

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 am

To be honest, I haven't followed up on it yet. I was just figuring that it might be best to hold off until I get over to the UK in a couple of months and get it there.

I have plenty of other things to shoot in the meanwhile :)
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi Mark,

Even the famous resident of 21 baker Street, was fond of peppering his walls with his revolver. I have had a Crosman 2100 for some years and it was a hoot, my first was a crude jodhpur made underlever whose trigger would go off after you had almost dislocated your finger. After which I got a national model 35 and dropped lotsa cans with it. Then came the Crosman 1008 that was me thinking,' y'all just wait till I show up at the nationals' ;-) with my cheap and great pistol...later I learnt that there was a reason why guys spent $1000 on match pistols. Now the love of my life are the Mac1 tuned QB 78 and the IZH Baikal.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:49 pm

the famous resident of 21 baker Street, was fond of peppering his walls with his revolver.
A .32,if I remeber correctly.

He was 'almost' killed by an air rifle by Dr.Moriarty(I hope I got the name right) at the falls.

penpusher

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Excellent deductions my dear Wa...penpusher and bang on on the villain too. Gawd is this forum fun;-0.

Regards,

Dev
penpusher";p="5787 wrote:
the famous resident of 21 baker Street, was fond of peppering his walls with his revolver.
A .32,if I remeber correctly.

He was 'almost' killed by an air rifle by Dr.Moriarty(I hope I got the name right) at the falls.

penpusher

horribleharshad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by horribleharshad » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:01 pm

It was one of moriarty's lieutenants i think. The air rifle was made by a blind craftsman, and it fired soft nosed revolver bullets, never got that one.
Sic Transit Gloria!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:33 pm

What didn't you get? The blind craftsmen or the soft nosed revolver bullet? It just a bullet where the lead melts the moment it leaves the barrel...its used to spread lead on to hard rye sandwiches so that you can get them vampires in translyvania ;-). Apologies but take a look at the eijun 9mmm pellets or the .25mmm pellets...this is what Arthur Conan Doyle might have been referring to.

Regards,

Dev.
horribleharshad";p="5796 wrote: It was one of moriarty's lieutenants i think. The air rifle was made by a blind craftsman, and it fired soft nosed revolver bullets, never got that one.

Crete
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

French curio (rather rare)

Post by Crete » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Here is a pic of the French air pistol that I wrote about earlier on this thread. It is a .177 cal. single shot inscribed " Manufacture Nle d'Armes St. Etienne CAL 4mm5- MLE 1950 No. 4364