Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

foot note

Post by dev » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:22 am

Thanks for the good wishes guys. I can't tell you how kicked I am, they flatter me at the post office by calling me a shooter...one of em asks if I am targetting the Commonwealth Games. So you know what I am gonna try for the nationals again. This time possibly with a coach or so at the Karni Singh range. You know you actually feel real proud to be tagged as one so why not try to live up to it.

I just realised that the post was really long but I was bursting to share the news. And you all are the only ones who will understand. Sujay if there ever was a poet for guns you are it my friend. Kanwar please only go a .177 if getting through post. And yes join the Karnataka rifle club. Also rest assured that this amendment figures in the new customs book cause the troll couldn't touch me and he was shown to be the ignoramus that he was.

Now, I hope it reaches in one piece. Yes brothers the guy dropped it twice while bringing it to the counter, luckily Tim had used styrofoam padding on the sides. Will post pics when I cradle her.

Regards,

Dev :lol:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by rahul567 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi everyone,
Today i became the proud owner of my first air pistol HW 45 after a lot of waiting . I tried all possible ways of trying to procure it from india, finally after 6 months of trying i ordered it online (blackpool air guns). they despatched it on the 5th of this month via TNT corrier( had to pay a bomb for it) in future if someone wants to get it thru TNT and the weight is less then 2 kgs then make sure they send it thru normal express instead of global express. (minimum charges for global express is 83 GBP). The best part about TNT is that one can track the parcel online .today morning i checked and saw it had reached india last night and within 2 hrs it was cleared from customs(WOW and i was prepared for a lil struggle with the customs). So finally i got the delivery at 15:00. well the biggest goof up was that blackpool had included the Freight charges in the invoice itself. and the custom guy did not bother to check it and he again added the freight charges and calculated the duty. the duty amount was almost as much as the gun itself. :( which was a really disappoiting. But anyways a good lesson learnt and will be careful in the future. anyways guys i think the custom guys are finally getting aware of the ammendment in the law..
So guys just GO FOR IT

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:44 pm

EXCELLENT!!! :mrgreen:

At this rate we should soon be able to have an IFG HW45 group. :mrgreen: And I will be the only goof with one in .22" calibre. :roll: :mrgreen:

Rahul, trust me your 83 quid was well spent. If it had come via Royal Snail, you would have had to go through the entire Postal Customs routine which is an absolute pain in the ar*e.

BTW, B.A.R. did not goof up. I too have paid duty on carriage cost when receiving parcels from Cabelas.

Have a great time. I am sure you must be relieved.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Remember to clean the bore before you start shooting.
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:29 pm

ngrewal";p="9745 wrote:Congrats Rahul..HW 45 everywhere Mack The Knife, you ...great
Raining HW 45s.... :D

Well done Rahul. Some more details like the documents asked by customs would be helpful.

Duty is calculated on CIF value ( CIF= Cost +Insurance+Freight).

So it is more or less established. Rifle club members can indeed import as per the notification.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Ranjeet,

TNT does the customs clearance for you. All you have to do is sign for the parcel at your door and pay the TNT man the customs duty.

Mack The Knife

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: my new prize possession HW 45

Post by rahul567 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 am

Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot. Did a lot of can punching, infact punched the hell out of the can. Trying to get used to the pistol in my hand.Well have to say it actually is a prize possession....better then what i had imagined.
Mack The Knife after going thru the papers i realised what exactly the goof up was. BAR had included the freight charges in the invoice itself. So for the customs the total value(cost+freight) appeared to be the basic value of the item so they back calculated the freight cost and added it again. So coz of all this i had to pay 3 grands extra. the other thingh was that that packet was send thru global express and in global express the min charges are 83GBP i.e. for a minimum weight of 10kgs. if it had been send via normal express( under 2 kgs) , it wld hv been more economical for me.
Rahul

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:23 am

No documents were asked. TNT got it cleared from customs and paid the duty. i just had to sign and take delivery (only 5 days after despatch). And as of now i am not a memeber of any rifle club :D

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="9942 wrote:Why? Genuinely confused.

If you are referng to, "And as of now i am not a memeber of any rifle club.", then that is no surprise as the original notification dated July 4, 2005 did not say anything about having to be a rifle club member.

Sujay, I trust that answers your question?

Mack The Knife
Yes i.e. membership was not asked to be proved.

In Dev's case also, it was delivered to his home ( the IZH air delivery UPS) and he had to go round the postal customs in the case of QB (surface delivery). So it has got something to do with the mode of dispatch i.e. courier vs postal.

The first notification itself had the membership requirement. In Dec 06 another notification has been issued not connected to individual shooters. It says all imports of air rifles / pistols by NRAI will be duty free.
Last edited by Sujay on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:30 pm

kanwar76";p="9985 wrote:Thanks Sujay,

BTW how much Duty is being charged? And what do you think a Rifle will also come this easily as pistols..

What you guys think How Kochi incident can effect current situation :(

-Inder
Sir Jee,

Duty should be 35% ; and we can stop speculating if members who have imported take the trouble to make their posts a little detailed. PLEASE !

As to my thoughts , you have PM.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:05 pm

What details gosh darn it short of writing the Mahabharat one has shoved in even what not to say to pretty asst.commissioner of delhi customs. Duty is 35% on everything i.e. any accessory also this includes in my case co2 bottle, bulk fill , bulk fill adapter...everything. Now, don't ask me whose father was Sita ;-).

Regards,

Dev
Sujay";p="9987 wrote:
kanwar76";p="9985 wrote:Thanks Sujay,

BTW how much Duty is being charged? And what do you think a Rifle will also come this easily as pistols..

What you guys think How Kochi incident can effect current situation :(

-Inder
Sir Jee,

Duty should be 35% ; and we can stop speculating if members who have imported take the trouble to make their posts a little detailed. PLEASE !

As to my thoughts , you have PM.

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:27 am

As mentioned by dev the duty comes to 35% on CIF(cost+freight+insurance). In my case the freight was included twice so i ended up payin 11k as duty :( . though i can claim it back but the process is far to tedious and time consuming.
dus anyone know where i can get imported pellets in delhi. bought some flat heads from rajiv sharma.
Any idea if i can carry my pistol in a domestic flight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am

rahul567";p="10048 wrote: As mentioned by dev the duty comes to 35% on CIF(cost+freight+insurance). In my case the freight was included twice so i ended up payin 11k as duty :( . though i can claim it back but the process is far to tedious and time consuming.
dus anyone know where i can get imported pellets in delhi. bought some flat heads from rajiv sharma.
Any idea if i can carry my pistol in a domestic flight.
Yep, you can carry your pistol in Domestic flight. Just at the security tell them that you are carrying an Air Gun. Sometime they may ask you to fill a small form and take pistol from you and give it back at destination or sometime they just let you go just like that. Put your pistol in locked check-in baggage. I will recommend getting a lockable hard case for your pistol.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Pyramid air - Experiences anyone?

Post by GasramGandu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi folks,

I have received a quote from Pyramid Air for a PCP with pump. They do ship to India provided you make the payment by money order or paypal.

Has anyone here dealt with them earlier? Any experiences will be appreciated.

Regards
GG

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:57 pm

No they have always refused to send stuff to India whenever I asked. Otherwise they are rated to have an excellent customer service on the american airgun boards.

Dev

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Pyramid air - Experiences anyone?

Post by GasramGandu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:05 pm

Hey Dev

Looks like I will have to be the first on this one then. I have sent them an email asking which shipping service they will be using etc. Let's see how it goes.

Cheers
GG