Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Pyramid air - Experiences anyone?

Post by dev » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:40 pm

GasramGandu";p="24167 wrote:Hey Dev

Looks like I will have to be the first on this one then. I have sent them an email asking which shipping service they will be using etc. Let's see how it goes.

Cheers
GG
Congrats sir,

Please do tell what the goodies is :lol:

But you paid with a bank draft not a credit card aye? There-in lies the rub.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:33 pm

Dev, as mentioned in my first post, the payment was made by paypal. Paypal in turn uses my credit card.

Have a look at www.paypal.com

Will let you know what the goodies are once they arrive :)

Bops

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 pm

GasramGandu";p="24839 wrote:Dev, as mentioned in my first post, the payment was made by paypal. Paypal in turn uses my credit card.

Have a look at www.paypal.com

Will let you know what the goodies are once they arrive :)

Bops
Oh, I didn't know that they use paypal also, I asked mehul to order some pellets because they don't accept international credit cards.. but they messed up on shipping taking too long than expected.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 pm

GG how much is it costing?
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:53 am

The following items have been shipped to you:
S400C Carbine 1 x $555.30
Air Venturi 3-stage PCP hand pump, fits most PCP guns 1 x $225.95
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order SubTotal: $781.25
Shipping & Handling: $173.87
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Total: $955
If you do not see some items in the list above then we must have placed
them on the backorder. As soon as we receive these items we will ship them
to you.
We will NOT charge you for the backordered items until they are shipped.

The order has been sent to you via 'Worldwide Express'.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:50 am

There was a lot of running around and paper work involved as the rifle was sent as 'freight'. However, it will be cleared today. I'll let GG fill in the details.

Mack The Knife

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Folks

My beloved S400C has finally arrived without a scratch :) It was a tiring three days trying to get it cleared from customs but persistence finally paid off.

Unfortunately Pyramyd Air sent my airgun and pump as air cargo, Airport - Airport. This is the only method of shipping that they will use to send to India. This means that the clearing was my responsibilty. I had paid them a total of $186 for shipping and was under the impression that the items would be cleared and delivered at home by the shipper on payment of relevant customs duty. This unfortunately was not the case.

I had to collect the Delivery order from the shipper and get a bill of entry made since it was a cargo item. Since I did not have an Import Export code I had to use the services of a clearing agent here in Bangalore. After much running around and three days of waiting I was able to bring the shipment home. Duty was levied at 34% on invoice value and freight charges.

All airguns coming into Bangalore require police clearance as per orders of the Joint Commissioner of customs. So please keep this in mind if any of you are considering import.

Cheers
GG

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: duty for airgun from UK

Post by archer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 pm

hey guys,

i ordered a pistol from BAR, it was dispatched by Royal mail on the 1st of august....i havent yet heard from the postal service or the customs......the royal mail tracking system says that it has been handed over to the overseas postal service for delivery......

wat do i do......should i wait n watch ......whom should i contact.....

guys who have had previous experience ....pls do help ......

thanx

regards.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:52 pm

There's another member on here who is in the same boat.

I have had this happen to me twice. The first time Bangalore postal customs sat on a package from Brownells (Gun oil, sling, sling swivels and probably another item or two that I cannot recall) and the second time it was Bombay customs that kept a package (a fishing rod) from the U.K. pending. In both instances, the wait was a little over a month.

Expect to be served with a Show Cause Notice from Postal Customs. If and when you do get it, let me know and I will guide you through. Don't panic.

Mack The Knife

sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sushila81 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:09 pm

What was the cost shown on the website and how much the gun cost you actually? please give a break up

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi Lever Action

The pump works fine and so does the airgun. I have only been able to fire ten shots through it so far for zeroing the scope. I will have time to do some shooting this weekend and will post pics after that.

The pump is rated for 3600 psi but the gun has a recommended operating pressure of 190 bar. It takes about fifteen minutes to pump the reservoir with a five minute break in between to rest the pump.

Sushila, over the price of the gun and pump you will have to add shipping costs which in my case was $187 including $10 for insurance. I also had to pay 3K to the clearing agent since I did not have an Import Export code, my parcel came as cargo and not as personal baggage.

On the cost of gun + pump + shipping I had to pay a duty amount of 34%

Cheers
GG

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:16 pm

Their shipping cost is really expensive. Mac1 sends it off for $50 for air rifles. I think the clearing agent is worth it, could you please let us have the name and number if possible?

Regards,

Dev

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Dev, I had spoken to Tim at Mac1 on the phone. He refused to give me a shipping quote. He said place the order and the shipping will be what it is!

Besides they don't stock the Air Arms line.

The clearing agent that helped me out did it as a favour since normally they will not file a bill of entry under a dummy IEC for anyone. Besides my clearing agent in Bangalore will be of no help to you in Delhi. You will need a clearing agent who is known to the local customs chappies.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Was reading your stuff all over again and I guess if you want an air arms then there is no way out from pyramid air. But for $187 you could have got another ag ? Tim is known for his rudeness, but the guy does some great air guns, his USFT is an amazing field target rifle, though it looks like something out of a JBond movie.
Have you added a few inches to your biceps with all that pumping? ;-)

Dev

GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

Pumping isn't all that hard but then again im used to cocking a HW90 :-)

Dev, I was very keen on ordering a souped up benjamin sheridan in .177 from Tim but unless I know how much I will have to pay for shipping and what method of shipping will be used I can't bring myself to place the order. Have you bought from him before?

Please let me know what method of shipping was used and how much it cost?