Chinese copy of the AirArms TX200

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Chinese copy of the AirArms TX200

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Came across this review of a Chinese made copy of the AirArms TX200

http://www.americanairgunhunter.com/b40a.html

The review seems quite positive, also this gun is quoted at only US$ 285.00 on www.pyramidair.com - I would imagine if one got one of these and put in a V-Mach/ Venom kit designed for the original AirArms TX200... it could be a pretty decent budget shooter!

What say?

BTW - Dev, hows your QB shaping up after a few months of use? Any quality related issues so far?

Also, anyone have a clue as to which exact model of the TX200 is this modelled after? The MarkII or Mark III etc.?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Chinese copy of the AirArms TX200

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

These Chinese copies made quite a stir in air guns forums like bbs and airgunforum. Most of the American reviews were full of praise for Bam40 and considering Tx200 price in US which is almost double the copy and non-availability of second hand guns its a pretty good deal but is it a good deal for us with venom kit that need to be seen so...

New BAM 40 : $286 + shipping from US + V-Mack kit: BP65 + Shipping from UK
in INR : 12870 + 5655 = 18525 + shipping

I've seen good TX200 going for around BP200 at airgunbbs which can be used without any change in internals. So Chinese copy at 18525 + shipping or second hand original AA TX200 at 17400+shipping.

Now the question is will BAM40 with venom internals shoot better than TX200 :? :?

I don't know about others but my choice will be old AATx200 than new BAM40 with venom kit.

Just my two cents..

-Inder

PS: Please beware this advice comes from a man who bought a second hand Diana 52 for 17K and end up spending around 35K which is 5k more than price of new one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Chinese copy of the AirArms TX200

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 pm

Abhijeet, check with Steve Pope at V-Mach whether their TX kits would fit the Chinky. [email protected]

It is difficult to tell from the pics whether it is a Mk. 2 or 3. The main visual difference being the under-lever retaining mechanism just under the muzzle. The former had a rounded one whilst the latter had flat sides.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

At one time I went blue talking about how good the Chinese stuff was. This model is the B40, it is such an exact copy that original parts of the TX 200 will interchange with the clone. You can buy these tuned by Tim at Mac1. You can have a Maccari spring or a venom kit inserted as Tim also sells venom kits. My qb is fine I have just stripped it down to look at the internals and I am getting some power increasing valve etc from the USA.

I think go for it. You can do more research about by logging into www.yellowforum.com and then clicking on the Chinese airgun forum.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Found one more (seemingly more balanced) review of the BAM B40 by "B.B. Pelletier" on the Pyramidair.com blog:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

But it's on the Pyramidair.com blog... and they sell airguns - so not sure how objective I can really expect this to be...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Good read and it seems like the TX200 is still more desirable because we don't have air gun tuners in India. My QB needed work on the trigger and thanks to Rajeev Sharma it is real smooth and nice to shoot now. I am thinking of getting a .22 kit for it next.

Regards,

Dev

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:42 pm

dev";p="13640 wrote:You can buy these tuned by Tim at Mac1. You can have a Maccari spring or a venom kit inserted as Tim also sells venom kits.
How much does Tim usually charge for his tunes? Does he work on the trigger as well - as that is what the reviewer pointed out as the weakest link here... Also been reading about B40 spring failures, so might be a good idea to order one from Tim pre-tuned complete with a trigger job and after market spring etc.

BTW - what were the postage costs on your QB & Izzy respectively?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:35 pm

Postage cost for the QB WAS $45, I think i will just check up with my receipt for the postage on the Baikal and call you. Tim does a lot of work on these rifles, they can be really customised for you. Best bet is to write him a mail and he'll get back in a week or so.

Regards,

Dev.

Disclaimer: I own no part, stock or shares of MAC1AIRGUN ;-).
mundaire";p="13725 wrote:
dev";p="13640 wrote:You can buy these tuned by Tim at Mac1. You can have a Maccari spring or a venom kit inserted as Tim also sells venom kits.
How much does Tim usually charge for his tunes? Does he work on the trigger as well - as that is what the reviewer pointed out as the weakest link here... Also been reading about B40 spring failures, so might be a good idea to order one from Tim pre-tuned complete with a trigger job and after market spring etc.

BTW - what were the postage costs on your QB & Izzy respectively?

Cheers!
Abhijeet