Diana 35, the old classic

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shahid

Diana 35, the old classic

Post by shahid » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:09 pm

My latest Air Rifle is once again a Diana Model 35 in .177 calibre.

Will be bringing it to India tonight. I looked for an HW 80 in .177, not available. Diana 68, not available. This was the best choice. In India this is regarded as an all time classic so its all right I guess. I am glad with the purchase. Today's price was Dhs. 750 for this.

I will mount my GAMO 2-7 x 32 AO scope on this. Lets see how it works on the springer. I am unsure of its abilities because after 50 shots on the HW 80, the lining from the scope ring came out. Will put some adhesive and try it on the Diana 35 now.

Danish - A spring for your Diana 35 has been purchased. I'll carry it with me.

I have printed out the copy of the Airgun Import law amendment. Hope no problems with custom officers tommorrow morning.

I will come to Delhi again on the return leg on April 8. Hope to have an offline meet this day. Its a Sunday, many of Delhi IFG members would be free. I will speak with Abhijeet and check where we can hold it.

Meanwhile we will hold an IFG offline meet in Patna as well as go ahead with our membership drive. At least 20 to 30 shooters from PAtna will enrol.

The Planned Barbecue dinner meet on rooftop is very much on. I will set the date once I reach there.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:30 am

Shahid,

Since your are bringing it back in baggage you should have gotten a .22 cal air-rifle... All the same, congratulations on your new gun - am sure it will give you years of good service!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:06 am

A lot needs to be said here. Came back to Dubai only yesterday. What a bunch of Idiots the Indian Custom officials are.

Let me catch my work here then I will discuss at lenght as soon as I get time,

Rules, misrules.
Lack of info on firearms and shooting sports.
Anti gun lobbies in India are ruleing the roost.
IFG needs to launch massive education campaign.
All shooting sports is viewed with suspicion here.

Our custom officers are virtually illeterates. Yes sir, illiterates.

Me and them we pored over a dozen volumes ( with their custom commissioner )

He was asked to help me by various VAASTAS higher up in the political system, but he made a complete ass of himself.

Bihar Rifle Association is run my a bunch of Lunatics and politicians with vested interests.

Highest no. of Rifle clubs is in Bihar, Bihar, Magadh, Patliputra, Patna, Gaya, Munger ..., ..../

Thus Digvijay singh has ensured automatic uncontested victories in NRAI elections. He will get maximum votes. What a farce.

NRAI officials and some of our shooters of the coetrie club who prevent talent to emerge, are soon to come under IB investigation. There are stories of cartridges being sold in the market and sufficient proof.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:48 am

Shahid can you share your experience regarding the difficulties faced by you at the customs.
Thanks.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:08 pm

Badshah,

I have changed your spelling of 'customs'. Considering N and S are no where near each other on the keyboard, I fail to see how that could be a typo. :roll:

Mack The Knife

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I am really very sorry for that,Thanks for pointing my spelling mistakes,as i am very poor in it.as well in grammer also.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Badshah, If you did indeed substitute "N" for "S" in customs.... I for one think it spells out as a rather de.scriptive name for most of our babus (bureaucrats)! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

J/K around... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:57 pm

:D :D :D
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:32 pm

I will writw the full experience, once I can dedicate some time soon. Meanwhile caught up organising things after being away from Dubai for 2 weeks. A lot of work demanding my attention has piled up here in my absence.

When typing fast on computers spelling, typographical mistakes or grammatical mistakes are the order. Queen's english cannot be expected here. It is a forum. More like SMS or telegraph lingo should be all right. Inspite of this if someone has time to play the English Mater at primary school I wouldn't complain. If someone got that kind of time to dedicate to forums and strings please feel free to correct spellings in everyones posts.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Diana 35, the old classic

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:33 pm

shahid";p="17283 wrote: I will writw the full experience, once I can dedicate some time soon. Meanwhile caught up organising things after being away from Dubai for 2 weeks. A lot of work demanding my attention has piled up here in my absence.

Will wait for your story..just one thing...did you managed to get the air gun in?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Read mater as master here. I am learning.

No sir,
It is still with Delhi customs. I have to produce a Bihar Rifle Association or any state or districts association card and claim it in my next visit.

The telescope will be confisicates as it is a banned item. ( Gamo 2-9 x 32 ) , just imagine.

Anyway I have sent Rs. 5005 to Digvijay SIngh to make my membership card. Lets see when and how fast they can deliver the card to me.

I will use my Skywards miles to get a free ticket to Delhi and release the air gun and hand it over to someone in Delhi for safekeeping.

They said choose a flight during working hours as they only catch things not release. Release people in their words are more educated colleagues who only do 9 to 5, 5 days a week.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Diana 35, the old classic

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Scope was on rifle or did they sniff it out from your baggage?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:17 pm

badshah0522";p="17263 wrote:I am really very sorry for that,Thanks for pointing my spelling mistakes,as i am very poor in it.as well in grammer also.
Badshah,

Don't get precious with me. That was neither a typo nor a spelling mistake. I personally had a good laugh but you don't want to antogonise the men in white.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm

shahid";p="17284 wrote:When typing fast on computers spelling, typographical mistakes or grammatical mistakes are the order. Queen's english cannot be expected here. It is a forum. More like SMS or telegraph lingo should be all right. Inspite of this if someone has time to play the English Mater at primary school I wouldn't complain. If someone got that kind of time to dedicate to forums and strings please feel free to correct spellings in everyones posts.
Shahid,

The way I look at it, incomprehensible posts are a mark of inconsideration and laziness.

However, I'll leave it to you to choose your prefered mode of communication.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Scope was mounted on the Air Rifle. And the rifle with the scope was in a Vanguard Aluminium carry case worth Rs. 3,000.

It was not zeroed in. Planned to do in when I reached home.

Anyway, in the end it will not be confisicated. Just waiting for the Bihar Rifle association card to be delivered to me, then I will come down to Delhi for a day ( In business hours of course ).

As for this card, it could be 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months anything. It is a phase of darkness that prevails there right now.

I have read posts of IFG members claiming Air rifles even .22 can be imported if carried as personal baggage. But where is the documentary evidence. If it can be found it will be a big help for me to release my Air Rifle from Delhi customs.