Seeking Info Regarding Air Shooting Sport!!!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Seeking Info Regarding Air Shooting Sport!!!

Post by Anil » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I'm Anil. After a long search i could found something on net regarding Air Shooting Sport. i'm very much interested in this but dont have any info. could you please give me some info like how to start and where to enroll? I'm in Hyderabad.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Anil
Anil

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Anil, Welcome aboard and have fun. I,too, am from Hyderabad. I have a friend called Anil,too. Thought it was him until your profile told me that you are a software engineer. There are a couple of members from Hyderabad with whom you can interact and learn.

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Hello Anil,

What kind of airgun shooting sport are you interested in? If it is formal 10 metre Olympic style shooting then post under ISSF sports - also joining a rifle club in Hyderabad would be a good way to go about it. There are members here from Hyderabad who would respond, I hope, and you could contact them for their assistance.

We are also trying to promote a speed shooting contest for Indian made air rifles about which you could read in the non ISSF sports section here. So far individual members have tried it though we have not been able to promote a match anywhere. This could, for all practical purposes, be conducted in a large garden for much less expense in terms of equipment etc and hence our plan to promote it as a cheap alternative that calls more for human skill than the best in equipment.

Let us know what interests you and someone or the other would be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers and welcome again!

Mehul

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Moved this topic to the Air Weapons section. Once again, PLEASE make the effort to ensure that you post in the appropriate forum!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Thanks for ur advicve!!!

Post by Anil » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your advice and ofcourse hereafter i'll post in the right forum. after a long search i could found something, so i posted irrespective of forum.

Regards,
Anil
Anil

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:45 pm

Anil,

Did you try PMing Dr M Raveendra Reddy? He has been trying to set something up in Hyderabad. He might be able to help.

Cheers,

Mehul

Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Anil » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi Mehul,

Ya. i spoke to Dr. Ravinder Reddy. thanks for the info.

Regards,
Anil
Anil

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:10 am

Anil,

Dr Reddy was planning a Speed Shooting match for Indian made air rifles in Hyderabad some time ago if he could get enough participants. If it works out, please post pictures of the event here and let the champions be visible to our members. 8)

Best wishes,

Mehul

Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Anil » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:08 pm

Mehul:

ya. certainly i'll post the pix.
could you please tell me if therez any site/forum in this site where i can find some info for Shooting Learners?

i wud be glad if u can tell me some info like:

1. Stands (while firing)
2. how to hold a Rifle/Pistol?
3. Breathing techniques
4. Dry Firing concept
5. Weapon to be used (in minimum budget) and things like that.
6. etccccccc

The reason behind this post is , everybody is having misconception regarding Shootong sport like "its very expensive (even for practice) ; here v wont get guidance and weapons (within our budget)". ofcourse i was also thinking the same before talking to Dr. Reddy and some shooters in Hyderabad.

This wud be very helpful for learners. i gone through all the threads in this forum but cudn't find any related stuff (may be i have missed it?).

May be this post seems to be childist, but its a fact!!!

Looking forward to ur informative reply.

Regards,
Anil
Anil

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:48 pm

www.pilkguns.com

See Coaching & Information.

They also have a forum called Target Talk.

Mack The Knife

Anil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Anil » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Thanx Mack The Knife.
Anil