Daystate Disaster

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Roland
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Daystate Disaster

Post by Roland » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

If all else fails and you have to get to the valve then it would be wise to let a competent person handle it.
You require a long special tool to reach the valve section in the rear of the gun from the filler plug in front of the gun. (after removing the filler plug assembly.)
Be aware that you could come across some anti-tamper obstacles too.
If you are incapable of dismantling and re-assembling you bike carb back to function I would not recommend you
to do the job.
Cheers!

For Advertising mail webmaster
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 pm

roland im speaking to daystate on monday -their technical section-lets see what they say and only then decide thw nxt step

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 pm

spoke to fedex abt sending the airrifle to usa- asper them i will have to get the custom clearance done from here in india as also at us airport-they will just carry the airrifle before and after it-

Roland
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Roland » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 pm

You have PM

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 am

andy,
you can try this also cock the gun when empty and fill the gun from scuba tank and not pump as the semi opened valve may need more pressure ie input volume should be more than the exit airvolume . when u fill with scuba tank and the pressure reach more than 2000 -2500 psi try dry fire and see whether its stops if its due to partial opening of valve it should work else it needs stripping .

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 am

i dont have a scuba set,striker.but the fx 4 stage pump is unable to do anything-it cant refill

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am

looking for some help-i need a one time scuba tank refill for my daystate -it might get the gun right-anyone who owns one-im based at ROORKEE,UTTARAKHAND and am ready to travel nearabouts.thanks

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:05 pm

keen to know contact details of custom clearing agents at new delhi-anyone who can help

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:30 pm

whats the official postal address of customs at delhi if i have to write to these chaps-anyone who can help

CKAY
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by CKAY » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi ,

Firstly sorry to hear about your Daystate problem . Secondly all the time while I was reading your post I was thinking you are from UK - United Kingdom .Its kind of misleading and confusing . Only after reading your latest post got to know that you are from Uttarakhand . I suggest you edit your details and clearly write the full name .

Now coming to the point . I faced a similar situation with my Air Arms S 510 about six months back and it was solved by filling with a scuba tank . The sudden burst from the scuba sets the valve right and the leak should stop .

Also no one tells you this but it is almost next to impossible to send an Air Rifle or Air Pistol out of the country that is why Fedex told you that they can carry it for you but the customs at both the ends will be your look out . So forget the idea of sending the Rifle and concentrate on setting it right here itself .
Try filling with scuba.

Hope this helps .
JK

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 am

thanks jk. i dont have acess to a scuba tank but am looking for any member who can provide me a one time use-so far no response

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 am

andy_65_in wrote:thanks jk. i dont have acess to a scuba tank but am looking for any member who can provide me a one time use-so far no response
Hi,

First stop panicking as these things will happen. Second get the o-rings that work in your air rifle. Third, Delhi has a very competent air gunsmith Mr.Rajiv Sharma who can fix any pcp, I am sure it can also be done at Mumbai.
Fourthly, you are welcome to use my scuba tank anytime you are in Delhi. I will however be on vacation from the 30th till the 7th of July. You are welcome anytime before or after.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 am

looking for some help-i need a one time scuba tank refill for my daystate -it might get the gun right-anyone who owns one-im based at ROORKEE,UTTARAKHAND and am ready to travel nearabouts.thanks

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 pm

dev wrote:
andy_65_in wrote:thanks jk. i dont have acess to a scuba tank but am looking for any member who can provide me a one time use-so far no response
Hi,

First stop panicking as these things will happen. Second get the o-rings that work in your air rifle. Third, Delhi has a very competent air gunsmith Mr.Rajiv Sharma who can fix any pcp, I am sure it can also be done at Mumbai.
Fourthly, you are welcome to use my scuba tank anytime you are in Delhi. I will however be on vacation from the 30th till the 7th of July. You are welcome anytime before or after.

Regards,

Dev
dear dev still stuck with my defective daystate-can u pm me rajiv sharma ka tele.airgunsofarizona my daystate exporter always insists to have the airrifle delivered back to him for repairs -i tried to spk to FEDEX who have refused such exports

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi ANIRUDH

i have been told by our top engineer that if it is FAC & you use a hill pump sometimes its not strong enough to close the valve so it can bleed air when filling….so they are saying it is best to cock it every time you fill with your hand pump.
however please make sure that there is no pellets in the gun & you is in a secure place.THIS is the reply i got from daystate when i asked them about the correct filling method for my huntsman .177 FAC-just sharing with all daystate owners