The King Of Good Times.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

The King Of Good Times.

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:33 pm

No, this topic is not about Kingfisher beer though it does play a bit part. :mrgreen:

Ranjeet had come over this afternoon and I had asked him to bring his HW75 air-pistol along as I wanted to do a side-by-side comparism between this and my HW45.

Fact of the matter was that I was crap and this brought home the lesson that one needs to practice regularly to maintain at least a reasonable level of marksmanship.

Many shots later, I was begining to get the hang of the pistol again and since the pistol was now zeroed, we had an impromptu comp of sorts. We placed a beer can at 15 yards and on the count of three would raise the pistol and fire. The first one to hit the can got a point and the first to reach 10 points was the winner. I won! 10-6 YIPPEEE!!! :mrgreen:

Though childish, we found this so addictive that we had another round. This time it was to be the first to reach 5 points and Ranjeet duly drubbed me 5-3.

Naturally, this meant we had to have a shoot off :mrgreen: and so we shot another round of First to Five Points.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was getting dark and the beer can was well and truly mangled, we probably would have shot some more.

All in all we had an enjoyable afternoon and I am looking forward to some more tin can bashing.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: The King Of Good Times.

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:32 am

Well, Surely King of Good Times...a very good afternoon spent...And initially Rusty was a bit unsure of his pistol, but once zeroed in, the 45 was smashing the can everytime and that too with a great impact - shows the power of a .22 HW 45....

The pistols look so similar in the pic, but one should see the difference they do to the can..

And surely we'll do this often..and if someone else can join us, the better...

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:06 am

And surely we'll do this often..and if someone else can join us, the better...
It occured to me later but had I known we were going to do this I would have called Pran over as I have an air-pistol to spare.

Mack The Knife

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:27 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="20842 wrote: I would have called Pran over as I have an air-pistol to spare.
Would love to join you guys the next time.

Thanks

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:52 pm

Now look what you done. I be wanting one of em guns Need to pacify squaw somehow. ;-) But really nice pistols gents have fun. I shall kill a can with my izh now (yeeesh the sacrilege). ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:17 pm

If I come to Delhi this winter (doubtful), I will be bring the 45 over and then we can have little air-pistol party. ;) Try it with Abhijeet when he gets back.

All you need is a minimum of two air-pistols. Draw pairs by lots and the winner of each pair goes onto shoot against the winner of the other pair and so on. More shooters the merrier.

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Ranjeet Singh";p="20840 wrote:
The pistols look so similar in the pic, but one should see the difference they do to the can..

Ranjeet
Did you mean that the impact on the can of the 45 and 75 is different ? Can we have some elaboration please ?
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi Sujay,

The HW75 is a single stroke pneumatic that pushes out 2.5 ft.lbs. or thereabouts at the muzzle, whilst the HW45 has a muzzle energy rated between 5.5 and 6 ft.lbs..

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 am

Hi Mack The Knife,

I have 2 weeks off in November...can I join u guys?
I have the HW45 in .177 caliber and it has a dual power setting.I am very tempted to try out your .22 barrel on this .177 of mine(switching barrels) and seeing the accuracy/power results!

regards

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:19 am

I have 2 weeks off in November...can I join u guys?
In Bangalore or Delhi?

Delhi is only possible when schools close for the Christmas vacations.
I am very tempted to try out your .22 barrel on this .177 of mine(switching barrels) and seeing the accuracy/power results!
Sorry but I am not willing to do that. I hope you are not assuming that putting a .22 barrel on a two-power level HW45 will increase the muzzle energy way beyond 5.5 or 6 ft.lbs. It wont as both the .177" and .22" calibres use the same spring. At least that is what I have been told by Lloyd from B.A.R.. At best you could put a Titan main-spring which is supposed to be a better made main-spring. However, don't expect super muzzle velocities.

If you want to try a .22 calibre barrel you can buy one for 20 odd quid. However, I wouldn't bother if I were you. The only reason I bought a .22 is because I did not have much choice at that point of time.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:43 am

Lovely, Mack The Knife!

Maybe we should have an air pistol duelling match to IFG rules if there isn;t one already in existence.

Cheers!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:52 am

mehulkamdar";p="20907 wrote:Lovely, Mack The Knife!

Maybe we should have an air pistol duelling match to IFG rules if there isn;t one already in existence.

Cheers!
Duelling? as in face off...back to back...21 paces... turn and fire at each other? :)

BTW Mack The Knife.... nice guns. Looks and sounds like immense fun. I never really had a good air pistol to plink with...perhaps its now time to get one.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am

mehulkamdar";p="20907 wrote:Maybe we should have an air pistol duelling match to IFG rules if there isn;t one already in existence.
That would make it fun because even though this was an informal on-the-spur-of-the-moment shoot, we both felt the nerves kick in. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:39 am

BTW Mack The Knife.... nice guns. Looks and sounds like immense fun. I never really had a good air pistol to plink with...perhaps its now time to get one.
To be honest I have always found plinking by oneself a bit boring but turn it into a comp and the equation changes.

Hope you find yourself a good one.

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:50 am

.......Sorry but I am not willing to do that. I hope you are not assuming that putting a .22 barrel on a two-power level HW45 will increase the muzzle energy way beyond 5.5 or 6 ft.lbs. It wont as both the .177" and .22" calibres use the same spring. At least that is what I have been told by Lloyd from B.A.R.. At best you could put a Titan main-spring which is supposed to be a better made main-spring. However, don't expect super muzzle velocities.................... unquote

...This satistfies my curiosity somewhat..........