SDB Air rifles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

SDB Air rifles

Post by Basu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Dear All.
Today I came across two products of SDB air rifle and I wish to share my experience.

SDB 45 Classic in 0.22

Weight-3.6 kgs
Barrel- light rifling
Sight – Iron (identical with Diana/no play)
Locking –Chisel
Butt - wood stock with thin pistol grip and monte carlo designed
Butt pad- Synthetic
Trigger- Direct sear (felt soft and nice crisp breaking, approx 1500 gms)
Spring - Medium powered.
Receiver- Good quality seamless tube
Blueing – very nice with good finish
Testing result- Hold is very comfortable,hitting match box repeatedly at 10 mtrs.
Opinion- This gun has got nice prospect to be liked ones.
Does require tuning for better performance.

SDB 2000 in 0.22

Weight—3.6 kgs
Barrel - light rifling
Sights—Iron(Identical with Diana/no play)
Locking – Ball system
Butt----- Wood stock with checkering on the thin pistol grip , monte carlo designed.
Butt Pad- Soft rubber
Trigger – Ball bearing mechanism(Diana type) , fixed crisp breaking at 1200 grms
Spring – Medium powered.
Receiver- Good quality seamless tube
Blueing - Excellent
Scope rail--Nice 11 mm rail with milling for better grip.
Testing result- Hold very comfortable,firing is a joy and match box hitting was no issue
An excellent gun stands out against many front runner in its own segment.
Does require tuning.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: SDB Air rifles

Post by brihacharan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am

Hi Basu,
> From your observation it appears evident that "The Spirit of Competition" is gaining momentum.
> The features mentioned along with accuracy of these two models offers gun enthusiasts a good choice.
> I truly appreciate the distinct difference in the models such as 'ball & chisel' locking arrangement to distingguish the models.
> The trigger looks like a dream at 1200 / 1500gms :D
> I suppose they are 'one stage triggers'!
> If you recollect the earlier models had trigger pressure in the viciniy of almost 2.5kg to 3kg :roll:
BTW - It would be very interesting to be on the lookout for all the 'eager beavers' to take these ARs apart and post their coments / observations etc. etc. as was done with an earlier / recently launched AR series.
> You haven't mentioned the prices quoted by the manufacturer for these two SDB models.
Cheers
Briha
PS: Good Report :D

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:17 am

Dear Briha,
I have seen great promise in this two air rifles and so I put it in forum.
Classic 45 model is priced at standard range
but SDB 2000 comes at high range.
I am am sure if these guns are tuned, has the capacity to do pretty well.

Basu

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

Basu wrote:Dear Briha,
Basu
Basu,

> It just goes to prove that if the "Competitive Spirit" gains momentum, the shooting world will be benefited by good products that match International standards.
> Best wishes to the makers of SDB ARs - may more innovations see the light of the day :D
Briha

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 am

brihacharan wrote:
Basu wrote:Dear Briha,
Basu
Basu,

> It just goes to prove that if the "Competitive Spirit" gains momentum, the shooting world will be benefited by good products that match International standards.
> Best wishes to the makers of SDB ARs - may more innovations see the light of the day :D
Briha
thank you Precihole Sports for bringing out the best in the old guns :p

SDB ARs don't seem to be marketing in Hyderabad. Can't find any information on their products here. Do they have a website?

Maybe I should contact them directly to get details and then maybe place an order.

If we desis start to become demanding customers, instead of just buying (and then tuning) what's available or otherwise going for the imported product option, we can force our own local manufacturer into building world class ARs.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

Finally the Indian makers are looking at the consumer sentiments in the market. Great news. :cheers:

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:23 am

airgun_novice wrote: Finally the Indian makers are looking at the consumer sentiments in the market. Great news. :cheers:
> All manufacturers should conduct a 'Market Research' to find out as to what exactly are the "Features" that a shooter is looking for in an Air Rifle.
> Based on which they can incorporate them to produce World Class guns.
> Competition will then certainly bring out the best - in design, function & accuracy :D
Briha

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 am

Manufacturers should stick to improving technology; they must however, depend on a developed marketing & sales network for the market/customer feedback.

A good branding exercise to pack up the distributors & dealers is always encouraging.

We have a great potential in this country.

Its time to shine again.

btw, does anyone have pictures of the above mentioned models?

This company doesn't even seem to have their own website.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Very well said AG,Briha n Supershaji.
Thanks,indeed.

Basu

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Why do these folks not start with a basic (HTML) website that lists their products, contact info and some "news", beats me. For anything from Rs.500-1000/ yr one can get a basic site up and operating. This establishes their credibility to some extent in these days of Cyber-Introduction. No need to go B2B or hire some expert in cgi or php or .NET right from start.

Another option is to open an introductory page on Social sites like Facebook. Even IHP for all their flaws has a site (though one does not see it updated on the products front) and so does PH in spite of their initial teething issues. This itself shows that these companies are keen on doing business and ready to face music openly and at least open to correspondence with the end users.

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 pm

airgun_novice wrote:Why do these folks not start with a basic (HTML) website that lists their products, contact info and some "news", beats me. For anything from Rs.500-1000/ yr one can get a basic site up and operating. This establishes their credibility to some extent in these days of Cyber-Introduction. No need to go B2B or hire some expert in cgi or php or .NET right from start.

Another option is to open an introductory page on Social sites like Facebook. Even IHP for all their flaws has a site (though one does not see it updated on the products front) and so does PH in spite of their initial teething issues. This itself shows that these companies are keen on doing business and ready to face music openly and at least open to correspondence with the end users.
I suspect it is because the customer base of most air gun manufacturers in India are often illiterate and rural - buying air guns for varmint control (birds/monkeys versus fruit trees) and some degree of personal security - whether the sentiment is misplaced or not. India manages to produce "Mastershot hunt" pellets and sell them because users don't seem to give a damn about accuracy. It is for sound, scare and sting.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Pics mate pics.... :) :)

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Moin. wrote: Pics mate pics.... :) :)
Regards
Moin.
Hi Moin,
> Spoke to IFGian Basu (Kolkata) who made the 1st post on SDB ARs.... He happened to pass by the shop & took a look.
> These ARs have just hit the market - He hasn't bought one to take PICS nor does he know of anyone who has bought one of those :D
BTW these local mfrs don't make any brochures - Even old timers like IHP make a single page leaflet that has a B/W picture whose image doesn't reveal much :lol:
> We'll have to wait for someone to take the plunge in buying one of those & post the pic :D
Briha

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm

brihacharan wrote:
Moin. wrote: Pics mate pics.... :) :)
Regards
Moin.
Hi Moin,
> Spoke to IFGian Basu (Kolkata) who made the 1st post on SDB ARs.... He happened to pass by the shop & took a look.
> These ARs have just hit the market - He hasn't bought one to take PICS nor does he know of anyone who has bought one of those :D
BTW these local mfrs don't make any brochures - Even old timers like IHP make a single page leaflet that has a B/W picture whose image doesn't reveal much :lol:
> We'll have to wait for someone to take the plunge in buying one of those & post the pic :D
Briha
Sir who else but an expert like TCda to review the AR. Will speak to him tonight. I shot a friends Diana 25, almost 25 to 30 shots, so damn enjoyed. :). You guys gotta help me pick up a good AR and ofcourse teach me how to shoot :D
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Moin. wrote:
Sir who else but an expert like TCda to review the AR. Will speak to him tonight. I shot a friends Diana 25, almost 25 to 30 shots, so damn enjoyed. :). You guys gotta help me pick up a good AR and ofcourse teach me how to shoot :D
Enlist for the Safety Course Moinbhau - very soon you are gonna be in the line of fire - like us "shadi-chuda", (err, or is it "shaadi-shooda" ?) folks. ;-P Jokes apart - anytime, but practically speaking "sometime" in ... err, May ? ;-)