2 questions!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

2 questions!

Post by Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I need some advice! Is locktite safe to use in securing the stock screws of springers and what do u use to undo the effects of the same without damaging the finish of the metal/wood?

Do manufacturers use springs of a slightly more power output when using a .177 cal.barrel.,than compared to .22cal.

Many thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:26 pm

I need some advice! Is locktite safe to use in securing the stock screws of springers

You can use Loctite 243 Removeable Threadlock.
and what do u use to undo the effects of the same without damaging the finish of the metal/wood?
Merely a screwdriver or hex key as the case may be. The bond isn't difficult to break but it won't shift under airgun recoil. Make sure you degrease the threads of both nut and bolt and do not flood the threads with 243. If there is any excess, mop it up with a tissue. Do not shoot for atleast 30 minutes after applyng 243. I usually give it 24 hours to set.

Do manufacturers use springs of a slightly more power output when using a .177 cal.barrel.,than compared to .22cal.
Yes. However, it does not apply to the HW45 as discussed earlier.

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife for putting my mind at ease regarding the use of loctite.
Yes. However, it does not apply to the HW45 as discussed earlier.
Mack The Knife
Yeah Yeah...I remember that one! :lol:

Take Care!