Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Importing an Airgun as check-in baggage

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I need some help from you knowledgeable people. I am planning to bring an Air rifle with me while coming back so can anyone please guide me about the procedure. I have an idea but still I would like to know some DO and DONT'S and if somebody can point me to the notification where it mentioned that one can bring an Air rifle as a personal baggage so that I can take a print out and keep it with me while returning just in case.

Waiting for your suggestions and guidance.

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Help Wanted

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:37 pm

1. Make sure the airline you will be using permits the carriage of guns, even airguns. If possible get this in writing to avoid any hassle at the airport.

2. Get a good qulaity gun case. You saw what happened to Deepak's. If the airline does not specify a guncase, then you could remove stock frm action and pack it in your suitcase.

3. Assuming you land late at night in India, declare the air-rifle at Customs. They will give you a detention receipt for the air-rifle.

4. Go back the next day or whenever it suits you to the airport. A custom's officer will accompany you and the rifle to the Arms Section of the Commissioner of Police's office. Here you would need to get a No Objection Certificate saying that the gun is an air-rifle and does not require a firearm licence.

5. Return to the airport, hand over the NOC, pay the duty and walk out with the air-rifle.

This is how it is done in Bombay. The procedure may wary in other cities, though it should not. Hopefully, if you get a customs officer who can confirm it's an air-rifle then perhaps there would be no need to get the NOC.

Good luck!

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Help Wanted

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife,

Now tell me which PCP you want :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:05 pm

Why, are you gifting me one?

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="5663 wrote:Why, are you gifting me one?

Mack The Knife

Hmmmm No, I am still a poor techie you know but we can always SWAP somethings :wink:

Inder

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Clever that black label trick. Works everytime. Anyway blast away and enjoy yourself, is that a.22?

Regards,

Dev
Ranjeet Singh";p="6216 wrote: Gentlemen,

Finally I am in Bangalore with the Airgun that Mack The Knife suggested a HW 97K. I had bought it sometime back in Munich and was able to bring it with me without any problems, had only issues with the Black labels that I was carrying, had to check in those. Right now its got a spring with 170 m/s, I bought a stronger spring as well..will change it sometime later..

Glad to get it without much fuss and this time the domestic leg was more peaceful than the last time I had got the FWB 300S. this time just declared it the officer saw it and said okay, its indeed a Airgun, no issues just check in on your own..no forms to fill and no waiting..

Regards
Ranjeet
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Excellent news!

Bring it over and we will change the spring and service the FWB 300S.

This really is superb news.

Since you mention 'domestic leg' I assume you declared it at Bombay or Delhi or Chennai or was the suitcase checked straight through to Bangalore?

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Finally Landed in B'lore with my Airgun

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6230 wrote: Excellent news!
Bring it over and we will change the spring and service the FWB 300S.
Yeah Mack The Knife, well got to zero in the scope as well, I am yet to get my phone activated, even that is troublesome these days :mrgreen: I will get in touch with you..
Mack The Knife Bana";p="6230 wrote: Since you mention 'domestic leg' I assume you declared it at Bombay or Delhi or Chennai or was the suitcase checked straight through to Bangalore?
Mack The Knife
It was Chennai, and it was pretty ok inspite of the very heavy security these days...well of course nothing illegal being brought in..

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:09 pm

Hey gr888 news Ranjeet,

That’s what I wanted to hear. So did you bought it in suitcase or a different case? Which airline you traveled with? How much duty you paid? Sorry for the questions but I just wanted this info

-Inder

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:55 pm

Great News and Congratulation BUDDY !!!! Do post some pics of your new stuffs

-Saptarshi
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:01 am

Ranjeet,

Are you back in India for good? Very soon - mid Jan in fact - Inder is going to be back with his air rifle as well. If you gentlemen could shoot with open sights, do organise the IFG match if possible.

Cheers!

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:04 am

It was Chennai, and it was pretty ok inspite of the very heavy security these days...
HA! And then there is Rags who wont even bring back a tin of pellets...

Must send him a link to this thread. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:43 am

kanwar76";p="6241 wrote: So did you bought it in suitcase or a different case? Which airline you traveled with?
-Inder
I removed the stock from the barrel, packed it in my suitcase. I flew Emirates, I had called their cargo service long back a week before Ramadan and got their approval. You need to get approval from the Dubai Airport Authority for transit passengers, once I got the clearance I bought the gun. Sounds like a lot of work, but in fact was just a couple of phone calls and a week's waiting..check out emirates.com, baggage rules..

Regards
Ranjeet Singh
------------------

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:48 am

mehulkamdar";p="6259 wrote: Are you back in India for good? .
I am here to attend my brother's wedding, its in mid dec and then on we have planned a small vacation. And as of now the plan is to be back in Munich by Jan first week.

A IFG match would be a very good idea, though I ain't good with rifles. Time permitting I would love to do that with Mack The Knife...

regards
Ranjeet
------------------

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:54 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6262 wrote: And then there is Rags who wont even bring back a tin of pellets...
Mack The Knife
It was the second time for me, so first time I really didn't know anything, I wasn't aware of this forum, and remember my post about the domestic flight with Air gun on yahoo, I must say it was not of the experiences I would want to go through again..

Atleast this time it wasn't the case

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------