decent airgunsmith

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

decent airgunsmith

Post by dev » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:27 pm

Okay it seems like I am closer to the holy grail.

I just handed over my latest pride and joy to a Mister Rajeev Sharma, chatting with him made me feel a whole heap better. He is a young man trained on Feinwerkbau and Walther.

He reassured me not to worry and he should be having my beauty going bang in ten or 14 days. I had to do my amateur stuff of taking a peak into the trigger unit and try to reshape the sear spring but I didn't succeed. And I am not ashamed to admit that I looked at the insides like a Monkey, scratched my head and after a few tries gave up.

I didn't wanna scar the rifle or leave it like a pretty wall hanging will post results later. Hopefully we'll have gotten closer to finding a unicorn.
:lol:

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 am

Dev Hi ,

I have an old air gun (.22) which i need to get fixed.
Can you please tell me if Rajeev Sharma is located in Delhi else can he guide me to a good airgun smith in Delhi.

Thanks Rohit.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

rajeev is in delhi

Post by dev » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Tell me if your airgun is a phirang one. Most gunsmiths can repair spring airguns specially the Indian ones but if its special try to call Rajeev.

He lives in Panchsheel Enclave, let me just check with him if he is okay with posting his number here and if the forum rules permit it.

I will pm it to you if it is.

regards,

dev

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:35 pm

Thanks Dev else if you can sms me his no on [mobile number deleted by Moderator] after speaking with him off course.

Cheers Rohit.

[Moderator's NOTE: - PLEASE do NOT post personal contact details on an open board. This is for your own safety! If you need to exchange numbers etc. use the PM facility.]

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:46 pm

What a small world. Just spoke with Rajeev who gladly accepted and as it so happens he turned out to be Mr KK Sharma's younger son and Bobby's younger brother.
Incidentally KK Sharma is the shop that i deal with for all my shooting requirements and is also the shop from where i bought my shotgun. Always dealt with the old man and Bobby hence never interacted with Rajeev.

Cheers Rohit.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

so my baby is in good hands?

Post by dev » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey nice to know that you know them. I had heard about them from a shooter, who said that they were splendid.

But you know apna baccha...

Regards,

Dev

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: decent airgunsmith

Post by eljefe » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 am

Dev,
Can this gunsmith of yours handle the co2 cylinder leak of the crosman 1008? Would appreciate early reply as SWMBO wants a 'car carry gun' and has set her eyes on this one...until I can earn enough to get myself an alternate and give her the ppk/s, I'm afraid , we have a situation here, as I've promised her that Dev, the airgun guru will help her out in a jiffy! :?
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: decent airgunsmith

Post by dev » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi asif,

Apologies I hadn't checked how lovely this board has become for a day or so. As you know my onkara special is now back in my hands.

Rajeev did a splendid job though my teeth have gone a little smaller gnawing wood for his waiting period. He redid the sear spring with a new one. Cleared the jammed bolt insides and also contured the bolt for a better fit. Jesus it almost feels like one of those U.S. airgun tuners.

The rifle now cocks and thumps the bolt home like butter. So try the oil thingie and then if that fails scoot over to Lord Rajeev Sharma. Since SWMBO is a dentist you'll have nothing to fear about your teeth anyway. :lol: I must say these Sharma's are fabulous and should be featured on our board. I'll tell you why...Rajeev urged me to try it for few days and told me if I wasn't satisfied he'd make the trigger even better. I think I am gushing but this guy is a fabulous find.

Regards,

Dev