Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

Post by vsraja » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Hello Airgunners, i already own many break barrel AR and recently I decided to buy a fixed barrel with breech loading mechanism, hence I bought a tommy side lever air rifle with breech loading mechanism in .22 caliber.We don't have much choice in this segment of air rifles of fixed barrel with breech loading system.

The rifle was well made.It has a sliding compression tube with bear trap for finger safety.I also found the internals which was well made.I found the rifle powerful and accurate.It has no scope groove and hence we can attach scope only by epoxy or drilling holes or by welding.Very less recoil and well balanced on the hand.Open sights are sturdy but can't expect too much from them.It was around 5k and I found worth for the money I paid.I share some pics of that rifle here.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my InFocus M2_3G using Tapatalk
With regards,
vsraja

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

Post by Rudransh » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Hello vsraja

Please share specifications and contact number to order one of these.I am interested.

Regards
Veerbhadra

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

This side lever is far far better than normal BSA type tap loaders.
The issue is , in the absence of safety , this is little risky.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:35 am

Hi rudransh, The specs of Tommy side lever AR are already mentioned.It is a side lever cocking air rifle with direct breech loading mechanism.(It is .22 caliber)The compression tube slide backwards when the side lever was pulled.After that you have to load a pellet directly into the breech.It's working mechanism was similar to DIana 48 side lever air rifle.Important thing is that it comes with a bear trap safety, it engages before the trigger is engaged and it can be released by pressing the button under the stock.Thus it has the safety feature to avoid finger damage.

Here I add some pics of the ARImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by vsraja on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
With regards,
vsraja

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:23 am

Tommy has gone where most haven't gone.... :D which pellets does it shoot accurately, is the bore size similar to Apache.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:16 am

Looks impressive.Only the stock color is a mismatch. Is it available in smaller caliber ?

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am

The main concern to post this topic is to induce the air gunners and also the rifle manufacturers to think beyond the break barrel rifles.We have many good,better and best break barrel air rifles in indian make which can successfully compete with those foreign(german) counterparts.Those names were already known and throughly discussed in this forum.

These break barrels have some disadvantages beyond many advantages compared to the fixed barrel rifles.According to current technology in air arms, the breech loading mechanism is considered a success.Also a scope on these fixed barrel AR will give better accuracy than a break barrel air rifle.Hence in our manufacturers need to step on those segments also rather than walking around break barrels.

I tried only united shot pellets(RH and pointed dyna).They perform well in this rifle.Also we dont need to worry too much about the pellets fitting in the breech because of the moving compression chamber will perfectly seals the pellet from behind.

Currently it was available only in .22 and i hope it will be produced even in .177 caliber also if we demand this type of air rifles
With regards,
vsraja

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 pm

agree with you vsraja, hope the manufacturers make at least half decent AA TX200, HW97 and RWS52 to start with.
so what groups can one expect with it.
I happen to spot this Indian airgun with two stage trigger any idea if any one has it, hope Tommy can copy paste it.
http://www.kovibazaar.com/ak-100-model-022cal55mm

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello ganesh, i dont know much about AK 100 model.While thinking about dual stage trigger, i like the SDB trigger on apache and artemis because of it's simple design and also easy to adjust without any difficulty.I can say it simple and effective design.Hence i can have a predictable second stage customized to my preferences easily.

If we demand this types of air rifles, then many manufacturers like SDB,precihole,ihp,AK,etc will come-in to make this type of rifles and in this process we can get a best quality fixed barrel air rifle with breech loading mechanism.
With regards,
vsraja

Faisal.1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Faisal.1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Wow Nice Gun (y) (y)

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Congrats vsraja & thank you for the post!

Turns out one more side lever model is available now with similar specs. Glad to see focus now shifting to SL which definitely got an edge if made well.

Got to know .177 SL will take a long time as it's considered last resort if lobbying fails. Right now none of the manufacturers have been asked to stop .22 so they continuing as is.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Nooru252
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nooru252 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Nice toys

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 pm

A request to the members was dont buy this rifle. This rifle gave me lots of trouble.One of the serious problem was ''autofire''. After inspecting the piston rod i came to know that it was made of mild steel. I never seen a piston rod made of mild steel.Because of that, it was scratched each time by the trigger when it was cocked and fired.I also got(purchased) a replacement piston from tommy.but the problem was not resolved. I am wondering how talented the manufacturer is.Its up to you if you still needs to buy it.But i wont recommend the product from this manufacturer.

Sorry for the late reply, i needed this time to confirm that this product was not worth for the money paid.
With regards,
vsraja

greenrifle
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: RE: Re: Tommy side lever AR with breech loading mechanism

Post by greenrifle » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:08 am

vsraja wrote:A request to the members was dont buy this rifle. This rifle gave me lots of trouble.One of the serious problem was ''autofire''. After inspecting the piston rod i came to know that it was made of mild steel. I never seen a piston rod made of mild steel.Because of that, it was scratched each time by the trigger when it was cocked and fired.I also got(purchased) a replacement piston from tommy.but the problem was not resolved. I am wondering how talented the manufacturer is.Its up to you if you still needs to buy it.But i wont recommend the product from this manufacturer.

Sorry for the late reply, i needed this time to confirm that this product was not worth for the money paid.
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji120]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:44 am

This is what is expected from tommy or any Rs 5k gun for that matter. Did the anti- bear trap fail during operation? I hope some of the better air rifle manufacturers make under levers with sliding breech, which would be reliable and safe.
"Aim small, miss small."