Ordered Rifle scope from china

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Ordered Rifle scope from china

Post by SMJ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Eldrodism I believe you mentioned you went to Tahir arms but did you go to Bansons- they are easily missed as they are on the 1st floor and right next to Tahir Arms. They mainly stock IHP and Precihole.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 am

SMJ wrote:Eldrodism I believe you mentioned you went to Tahir arms but did you go to Bansons- they are easily missed as they are on the 1st floor and right next to Tahir Arms. They mainly stock IHP and Precihole.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk
As a matter of fact, I have not gone to Bansons. I didn't know it was right there! Cool, I shall check it out in the next few days. Thank you for letting me know. I hope their pricing is good, moreover, I hope they can give me some accessories as a package deal. Mainly looking for pellets, the big case and a 20mm scope rail if possible. I've set my budget at 12-15k, so I hope I can get it sorted in that price.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:11 am

Your welcome. The other advantage at Bansons is you can pay by card. Both the brothers Javed and Taizun Bandookwala are very helpful. Reg your budget - it would need to go up as the NX100 itself will cost you around 12.5 K

AmareshS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AmareshS » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Eldroidism wrote:So, I finally got the scope I ordered from Aliexpress. To be honest, it didn't take very long. I placed the order on 26th December and it got delivered on 9th January. Got it for approx Rs. 1600 from here

http://s.aliexpress.com/uYZnM3aM

Here are some initial pics of it (I'll upload better pics later) on my toy BB gun. I'm going to pick up the Precihole NX100 in a couple of days. Comes with 20mm mounts, so may have to get replacements when buying the NX100. Features 3-9x40, illuminated scope with green or red crosshair. Quality is really good, just remember, this is not Bushnell, but a Chinese copy. Nonetheless, aim seems fine so far (on my toy bb that shoots plastic pellets at 400fps at 10m) the box has "Riflescope" printed on it, you can find many YouTube videos on the same.

The below pics were take before I zeroed in the scope, so please don't judge the fact that it is poorly mounted. I was just too excited and had to click pics immediately.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Congrats dear for your scope, just wish to know if you had any import issues with the customs department. BTW where are you located?

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 am

Thank you, Amaresh. I'm from Mumbai, and I had no issues with customs because I told the vendor to mark the package as a "Gift". It didn't get held up at customs even for a day!

ImageImage

parminot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by parminot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello eldroi,I'm from shillong meghalaya and ders only one or two shops who sells nx100 and sx100

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 am

Hi all good morning,

I too had ordered the same scope after seeing it being delivered in India. But alas it seems that it had all gone to waster. Attached below is the tracking details. Would someone let me know what to do now ??

There is no point it seems in approaching the "MEN IN WHITE"... Sometimes I feel have we really attained independance ?? I am not ordering a Nueclear bomb nor Mustard Gas.. :oops: :evil: :evil:

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:08 am

lifewater wrote:Hi all good morning,

I too had ordered the same scope after seeing it being delivered in India. But alas it seems that it had all gone to waster. Attached below is the tracking details. Would someone let me know what to do now ??

There is no point it seems in approaching the "MEN IN WHITE"... Sometimes I feel have we really attained independance ?? I am not ordering a Nueclear bomb nor Mustard Gas.. :oops: :evil: :evil:
Yet again Kolkata customs detain a scope. :evil: Reason why I am so afraid to order. :( Did you have the scope marked as magnification lens, or sports good or anything of the sort? If it came in plain, the edgy officers are sure to detain it.
Approach the officers and see if you can get it released. Basuda's scope is still with customs, and probably sold at black market. I am doubtful that you can get it released. :deadhorse:
By the way will you get a refund from Ali express if the scope stays with the customs and is ultimately sent back?
"Aim small, miss small."

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 am

sam 47 wrote:

Yet again Kolkata customs detain a scope. :evil: Reason why I am so afraid to order. :( Did you have the scope marked as magnification lens, or sports good or anything of the sort? If it came in plain, the edgy officers are sure to detain it.
Approach the officers and see if you can get it released. Basuda's scope is still with customs, and probably sold at black market. I am doubtful that you can get it released. :deadhorse:
By the way will you get a refund from Ali express if the scope stays with the customs and is ultimately sent back?
Hi Sir,

It was marked as "Toy as Gift". The Kolkata customs seems is very over jealous in doing their duty. I am based at a Tea Estate in Assam and it would not be possible for me to travel to Kolkata to get the scope released. Instead of greasing their palms, I think it would be better to get it smuggled through Moreh border from Burma and collect it at Dimapur.

Indirectly it seems customs is encouraging Smuggling.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 am

lifewater wrote:
sam 47 wrote:

Hi Sir,

It was marked as "Toy as Gift". The Kolkata customs seems is very over jealous in doing their duty. I am based at a Tea Estate in Assam and it would not be possible for me to travel to Kolkata to get the scope released. Instead of greasing their palms, I think it would be better to get it smuggled through Moreh border from Burma and collect it at Dimapur.

I am very much doubtful you can get it released even after you travel to the Kolkata customs office. Did they send you a email stating the reason? You can send them an email stating its for personal use. However if they want DGFT authorization your luck is out. Wait for a few days and see. Will your money go down the drain if they detain it?
I think I am stuck with irons for the time being, and can't get a scope unless its through khidderpore fancy market. But like customs officers, they are not nice people to deal with. :(
"Aim small, miss small."

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 pm

As far as I know, it's only packages that aren't marked that undergo scrutiny. Two questions...

1. How (where on the website) did you inform the vendor to mark it as "gift"?

2. Did the vendor reply acknowledging he has done the same?

I only ask this because I know these vendors are careless and most of them don't speak English. So they use the aliexpress' translation feature which isn't very accurate.

lifewater
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lifewater » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:35 pm

sam 47 wrote:
lifewater wrote:
sam 47 wrote: Yet again Kolkata customs detain a scope. :evil: Reason why I am so afraid to order. :( Did you have the scope marked as magnification lens, or sports good or anything of the sort? If it came in plain, the edgy officers are sure to detain it.
Hi Sir,

I am very much doubtful you can get it released even after you travel to the Kolkata customs office. Did they send you a email stating the reason? You can send them an email stating its for personal use. However if they want DGFT authorization your luck is out. Wait for a few days and see. Will your money go down the drain if they detain it?
I think I am stuck with irons for the time being, and can't get a scope unless its through khidderpore fancy market. But like customs officers, they are not nice people to deal with. :(
No Sam Sir, no emails from them, will wait for sometime and hope for the best..

Added in 4 minutes 37 seconds:
Eldroidism wrote:As far as I know, it's only packages that aren't marked that undergo scrutiny. Two questions...

1. How (where on the website) did you inform the vendor to mark it as "gift"?

2. Did the vendor reply acknowledging he has done the same?

I only ask this because I know these vendors are careless and most of them don't speak English. So they use the aliexpress' translation feature which isn't very accurate.

HI Sir,

He did. He has sent me the picture of the original covering letter, where it has been marked as "GIFT"

Regards,

Lifewater

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Eldroidism wrote:As far as I know, it's only packages that aren't marked that undergo scrutiny.
Guess that's as wrong as it gets in real.

Buyers must stop assuming/believing/thinking "GIFT", "TOY", "SPORTS" etc are magic words when it comes to item declaration. All inbound articles at FPO go through an xray bay monitored by a customs official & anything that looks odd to that person gets pulled up for ripping apart later by another team comprising atleast one customs person plus postal staff. This team is responsible for detention if needed & assigning file no: which goes in the customs register. The ones they deem "safe" gets shoddily taped back & released to RMS.

So an item like metal body scope that safely sailed through this process never really triggered the human monitoring the xray, presented a harmless image on the display in some way or the eyes missed them altogether. ie one can't accord a pattern for this restricted item. Item label/description/lack of it is secondary & won't even come into play till it's taken up to be ripped apart.

Whatever mentioned above based on personal experience. Also, xray triggered articles bearing TOY/GIFT labels get special treatment. All heavy articles (~1.5kg+) are kept aside for scrutiny irrespective of xray result. So buyers going happy happy over smooth sailing of their unsafe orders through customs, kindly don't praise them. They don't deserve half of it.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Eldroidism
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Eldroidism » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up estousandy. I was misinformed that when items are marked as gifts and toys, the custom officials overlook them. But clearly that's not the case. Guess I just got lucky then. I still don't understand why customs considers a scope as dangerous/unsafe goods. You cannot really do any harm without an actual gun, unless you hit someone on the head with the scope [emoji12]

But on a serious note, I wish Indian Cusoms would be a bit more laxed towards imports. I ordered an SJ cam (like a GoPro) from dealsxtreme and paid 5700 online. When it came to my doorstep, I was asked to pay another 3000 odd rupees (something on the lines of 42% of the estimated cost of the product, which they estimated as 8000 rupees). Customs can really be a biatch at times.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:01 pm

So, its a matter of luck whether or not the scope will make it to me? :( If it gets detained is there no way I can get it released, as it is restricted, not banned. Estousandy, I know you have quite a few airsofts and seem experienced in these matter, so if you can help us as to how proceed if items get detained, or how to get it in smoothly without bothering our dutifully suspicious customs officers.
"Aim small, miss small."