Help needed with courier to transport air gun from Delhi to Punjab

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nikhilrj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Help needed with courier to transport air gun from Delhi to Punjab

Post by nikhilrj » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 pm

I ordered an airgun from a seller I found in indiamart. He sent it through DTDC on 8th of December. It is now stuck in Bangalore airport. So I called the DTDC customer service. They don't know the reason though. The sender when enquired in the DTDC office from where he sent it was told, DTDC is registering a case against him as they got a fine of 25,000 rupees from the customs. Don't know whether he is trying to loot me or not. So be cautious while sending it through air. It might get seized and confiscated. The same fine could be charged against you too. Also you will loose your gun.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aruncheloor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruncheloor » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:38 am

Hello,

What happened with this case in the end? Did you get your airgun back?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:24 pm

nikhilrj wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 pm
I ordered an airgun from a seller I found in indiamart. He sent it through DTDC on 8th of December. It is now stuck in Bangalore airport. So I called the DTDC customer service. They don't know the reason though. The sender when enquired in the DTDC office from where he sent it was told, DTDC is registering a case against him as they got a fine of 25,000 rupees from the customs. Don't know whether he is trying to loot me or not. So be cautious while sending it through air. It might get seized and confiscated. The same fine could be charged against you too. Also you will loose your gun.
If the air rifle is made in India then what do customs have to do with it? Seems a bit strange. Bought a Precihole Match Pistol online a few years ago and
it reached me through Gati Couriers. Sounds fishy.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:52 pm

dev wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:24 pm
If the air rifle is made in India then what do customs have to do with it? Seems a bit strange. Bought a Precihole Match Pistol online a few years ago and
it reached me through Gati Couriers. Sounds fishy.
+1

Gati surface shipping works well, tried it myself a few years back.

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:31 am

Air guns should not be sent by air. When the parcels get scanned before loading, the authorities detain anything that look like a firearm.

For air weapons, rail and road transport should be used.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.