Precihole PCP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole PCP

Post by Chengy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:28 pm

I had purchased my Precihole PX 100 in Jan, 2018. Within 18 months, most of the O rings have deteriorated and I have had to change them (self repair) as Precihole does not have any repair agencies and rifle has to be shipped to them. In contrast, O rings on my Benjy marauder are still OK after 3 years (fingers crossed).. Do we have a quality control issue here. Any other owner facing the same problem ??

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 pm

cjpavel5 wrote:
GNV wrote:
Chengy wrote:Thank you very much GNV sir. I did email Precihole for instructions on the same but they are insisting that I ship the rifle to Thane. I don't think they trust their customers for in situ repair. :-)
They don't understand that shipping even an airgun is how difficult. No courier is accepting the package if we declare the contents as an airgun. Even if they accept we have to provide copy of the bill and a declaration that it is being sent to the factory for repair.
Achilles is of a very simple design and very easy to service if one know what he is doing. Soon I will post a complete Photo illustrated procedure about servicing the Achilles.

GNV
Hello GNV sir. My PX 100 is at 110 bar and when I try to fill it with my precihole pump not able to cross 50 bar. What might be the problem. What can be done? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Do you mean that the gun's Manometer is showing 110 BAR and when trying to top it the pump's manometer is not going beyond 50 BAR? Then the problem may be with the pump and the connecting hose and not the gun.

GNV

Added in 3 minutes 25 seconds:
Chengy wrote:I had purchased my Precihole PX 100 in Jan, 2018. Within 18 months, most of the O rings have deteriorated and I have had to change them (self repair) as Precihole does not have any repair agencies and rifle has to be shipped to them. In contrast, O rings on my Benjy marauder are still OK after 3 years (fingers crossed).. Do we have a quality control issue here. Any other owner facing the same problem ??
It is inevitable that O rings and valve springs, hammer springs etc, deteriorate with time and needs to be replaced. How long they last depend on their quality.

GNV

Added in 4 minutes 56 seconds:
I had purchased my PX-100 Achilles in July, 2017 and I had changed the hammer spring several times but I had to change only one 'O' ring to prevent air leaking from the fill probe side in the air reservoir.
GNV

cjpavel5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cjpavel5 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Yes GNV sir. The gun's manometer is at 110 bar. When I try to fill it the pumps manometer stops at 50 bar and not able to pump after that. Thank you sir will check the pump 1st.

vihaan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vihaan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 am

Please help!! How to depressurize precihole achilles. Want to send it for repair as trigger is not working.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Shoot until the pressure drops below 50 BAR and then the gun starts leaking through the transfer port. Take a few shots without loading a pellet and it completely gets empty.

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Respected GNV sir,
In my PX100 achellies, peep sight chrome revit rod got broken, these same problem noted in my NX 100 orion, receiver tube main rear end revit also broken, also loading lever in PX100 chrome plated also broken after several shot, shows low quality chrome plated pins, spares recently used or procured by the company, am really unbelieved such thing from PRECIHOLE,
Last edited by Vishnu2017 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Local Gun shop in coimbatore, they charged for the loading lever (not full set only tip end) 300/- my request to the PRECIHOLE Guys please sell some kind of this spares through online store, local gun store sellers over charged these kind of tiny spares, (eg: even lip seal sold for rs. 250/- actual price Rs.35/-)
Last edited by Vishnu2017 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:13 pm

You can call or email them and tey would ship any part to you

MPK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MPK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:58 am

GNV wrote:
cjpavel5 wrote:
GNV wrote: They don't understand that shipping even an airgun is how difficult. No courier is accepting the package if we declare the contents as an airgun. Even if they accept we have to provide copy of the bill and a declaration that it is being sent to the factory for repair.
Achilles is of a very simple design and very easy to service if one know what he is doing. Soon I will post a complete Photo illustrated procedure about servicing the Achilles.

GNV
Hello GNV sir. My PX 100 is at 110 bar and when I try to fill it with my precihole pump not able to cross 50 bar. What might be the problem. What can be done? Thank you in advance.

Do you mean that the gun's Manometer is showing 110 BAR and when trying to top it the pump's manometer is not going beyond 50 BAR? Then the problem may be with the pump and the connecting hose and not the gun.

GNV

Chengy wrote:I had purchased my Precihole PX 100 in Jan, 2018. Within 18 months, most of the O rings have deteriorated and I have had to change them (self repair) as Precihole does not have any repair agencies and rifle has to be shipped to them. In contrast, O rings on my Benjy marauder are still OK after 3 years (fingers crossed).. Do we have a quality control issue here. Any other owner facing the same problem ??
It is inevitable that O rings and valve springs, hammer springs etc, deteriorate with time and needs to be replaced. How long they last depend on their quality.

GNV

I had purchased my PX-100 Achilles in July, 2017 and I had changed the hammer spring several times but I had to change only one 'O' ring to prevent air leaking from the fill probe side in the air reservoir.
GNV
Dear GNV
As I want to change the O ring on the Air reservoir inlet side of my Achilles
I have completely decompressed it
I was able to get the Air reservoir out.
I have loosened the grub screws of attachment that holds the Air reservoir to the barrell.
1) Do I need to remove the pressure guage?
2 ) How do I proceed further to get to the o ring?

Please Advise.

-MPK

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 am

Remove the Manometer and the clamp. Then unscrew the end plug and remove it. You can change the O rings then and reassemble the reservoir

MPK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MPK » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 pm

GNV wrote:Remove the Manometer and the clamp. Then unscrew the end plug and remove it. You can change the O rings then and reassemble the reservoir
Thank you GNV,

I managed to remove the end plug.
My problem was that Air leak was happening from hole inlet.
I have attached a picture of the same.

As shown in the second picture I removed a small screw with a small seal on it which seems to be allowing air in plus preventing the air leaking out.
There was some grime around it and which might have got in, as I use a hand pump.

Also the seal seems to be pretty hard

1) So will replacing that small seal fix the issue?

2) Also while assembling it back should I use any lubrication or Sealent ?

3) Any other process you might suggest before I assemble it back.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Replace that tiny 'O' ring and it should be fine. You just lubricate the O rings using silicone grease and nothing else. Just hand tightening the end plugs and a little bit more is enough. No need to over tighten
Regards,
GNV.

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:22 am

GNV wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 pm
cjpavel5 wrote:
GNV wrote: They don't understand that shipping even an airgun is how difficult. No courier is accepting the package if we declare the contents as an airgun. Even if they accept we have to provide copy of the bill and a declaration that it is being sent to the factory for repair.

GNV

GNV

GNV

GNV
Hi GNV,
Sir, hope you are well..I have an issue with my Club Pro version of the PCP. Air leaks from the fill probe side..do I need to fully disassemble the air reservoir to change the O ring on the fill probe side. I can’t see any O ring externally..

Thanks!

Regards
Maanbir

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:18 pm

You will have to disassemble the fill probe side end plug of the air reservoir. To do that you have to remove the reservoir from the action. Removing the barrel makes it much easier

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:24 pm

BTW I am not familiar with the Club Pro version and don't know how the barrel is secured at the muzzle end.