Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

Post by Jagannatha » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:00 pm

goluman wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 pm
i bought a px 100 in september, having low shot count/poor accuracy /hammer spring issues myself.reading the forum i think this is a more common issue .Anyway replaced the hammer spring with genuine spare from precihole and tested today,same shot count of 40 ~ instead of 70 + as advertised .Will wait for my chrony to arrive before i modify the spring(was advised by Precihole to cut down one turn.)filling the gun with a 3 stag hand-pump every 40 shots is a pain.Am seriously considering a GARE BHIM or an imported regulated pcp with higher shot count.
If anyone has faced a low shot count problem with px100 and resolved it pls let me know.
Regards
Check the barrel throat seal as well as the valve seal. They are 2 small "O rings".

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:39 pm

You need not to repump the gun after every 40 shots. Even the first batch guns gave 80 shots per fill and you can see the shot graph in my review. only when you increase the power you naturally loose shot count. But not by that much margin. A power increase of 1 or 2 ft.lbs doesn't mean much difference in accuracy.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:43 am

Please check the O rings. Most of the time , it's these that need replacing. Just looking at them , they may feel fine....but that's not the case, only replacing solves the issue.

goluman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goluman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:32 pm

I cut two rings from the hammer spring. Yet to test the shot count properly, but I feel it's increased to about 60 from 40-44. As after 50 shots still above 115 ~ so can get another 10 till 90. Don't know what has happened to the power though

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:55 pm

Dear GNV, and all other help me
i want to tell everyone the barrel of my 2 new NX 200 rifles are 4-5% tighter then my SX 100 ( 2 year old ) pellets like H&N Field Target Trophy Copper and Precihole Sports Preciell Field Target pellet sare not getting inside too much tight..but go easily in sx 100 .177

i read a topic name ( Precihole Sports NX200 ) by Mack the knife on this website where he was told by Dr. Shirsat on whatsup (Pellet dies are standard. Your gun has a barrel which is at the tighter end of the production tolerance as per BIS and international standards. This is 40 microns. Normally we maintain within 10 microns at the midpoint. As there was a shortage of tooling ) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28482

so GNV sir i want know what barrels they are giving now with px100 are they tighter or standard and what FPE it give now..bcs there NX 200 only give 12 FPE and they say 15 i have crony and i have tested many indian rifles today check viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28513

i want to know all this bcs i m going to buy PX 100 achiles in 2-3 days..so want to know did New PX 100 comes with tighter barrel or not.. i don't want tighter barrel any cost bcs most pellets fit too much tight inside even there own pellets in my new percihole nx 200

goluman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goluman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:58 pm

Jagannatha wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:00 pm
Check the barrel throat seal as well as the valve seal. They are 2 small "O rings".
[/quote]
Hi Jagannatha and other experts. Im still struggling with PX 100 since i bought it 5 months ago. Shot count was low, and i cut the spring coil to gain more shot count. Recently i purchased a chrony and find that even with original uncut mark 2 spring ,max fps is 750 with 0.48 grams 7.4 grain H&N excite. Heavier pellets cause more power drop,
very painful hitting anything over 12-15 meters due to pellet drop etc.
I find No leakage anywhere but a strong draft of air blows back in the face from the breech at every shot, Is that the reason for air leakage, low power etc?
i have the px 100 seal kit, should i change the barrel throat seal, valve seal .Is there any video or pics where these are located?
Any suggestions would be welcome. Its going to be very expensive sending it to Precihole for repairs so if i can do something myself would be a great help.
Regards and thanks in advance

goluman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by goluman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:59 pm

update- i have replaced each and every O ring and one teflon seal in the Px 100 seal kit in the receiver area today evening . Not a single fps improvement in power was obtained. :cry: :shock: :?
2nd update - my rifle had not come with a breech o ring from day 1,perhaps given an old, used item by the seller.
I went through the spare part list and the o rings given in the kit, replaced all existing and was left with the breech o ring. Once i figured to insert in the Barrell ,started , getting 950-100 fps with 8.34 grain Rws pellets with good accuracy..

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm

goluman wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:59 pm
2nd update - my rifle had not come with a breech o ring from day 1,perhaps given an old, used item by the seller.
I went through the spare part list and the o rings given in the kit, replaced all existing and was left with the breech o ring. Once i figured to insert in the Barrell ,started , getting 950-100 fps with 8.34 grain Rws pellets with good accuracy..
That's what I've told you ))

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:18 pm

baggafx wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:55 pm
Dear GNV, and all other help me
i want to tell everyone the barrel of my 2 new NX 200 rifles are 4-5% tighter then my SX 100 ( 2 year old ) pellets like H&N Field Target Trophy Copper and Precihole Sports Preciell Field Target pellet sare not getting inside too much tight..but go easily in sx 100 .177

i read a topic name ( Precihole Sports NX200 ) by Mack the knife on this website where he was told by Dr. Shirsat on whatsup (Pellet dies are standard. Your gun has a barrel which is at the tighter end of the production tolerance as per BIS and international standards. This is 40 microns. Normally we maintain within 10 microns at the midpoint. As there was a shortage of tooling ) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28482

so GNV sir i want know what barrels they are giving now with px100 are they tighter or standard and what FPE it give now..bcs there NX 200 only give 12 FPE and they say 15 i have crony and i have tested many indian rifles today check viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28513

i want to know all this bcs i m going to buy PX 100 achiles in 2-3 days..so want to know did New PX 100 comes with tighter barrel or not.. i don't want tighter barrel any cost bcs most pellets fit too much tight inside even there own pellets in my new percihole nx 200
I use only JSBs and I don't even use Precipells or other brands.
GNV

dranimeshpatil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dranimeshpatil » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Jagannatha wrote:Sorry, but still it seams that there is no regulator in PX100. It has just an air valve. PCP Air Rifle regulators look different of what I see inside this rifle
Sir, is there any compatible regulator for px 100? i spoke to pcp shop and also to huma air, but to no avail.. Sent the tube ID and everything, would really like a good regulator for consistency..any help is appreciated

Sent from my KB2001 using Tapatalk

adriel.dsouza
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by adriel.dsouza » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:36 am

Jagannatha wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:16 pm
hz_ralsun wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm
I am assuming you are shooting indoors.. Even my fx Impact or my kalibrgun Cricket .177 calibr cannot attain such results on outdoors.. to attain such results the condition have to be perfect with 0 wind. My px100 stock cannot get a good grouping beyond 35m (outdoor). And what Mod did you do to your gun to attain such velocity, shooting a 13gr pellet at over 900fps?
I'm shooting outdoors. I'm in Delhi and the territory is closed with the fences, so I don't have much wind.
As for Mods I've done:
- Drilled and polished the plenum chamber inside. It increased the dia of the plenum chamber and as the result the volume. So that you have more air going out at one time when the hammer strikes the valve;
- Drilled and polished all the transfer channels to increase the dia and let the air go easier and faster to the barrel;
- Added some weight to the hammer by putting in it 3 small nuts on screw with polished edges (to make them round and let them go inside the hammer), polished the hammer itself to increase its traveling speed;
- Added some spacers (nut washers) behind the hammer spring to give it more pressure. Of course it is better to change the spring for more powerful one. But I don't have it and delivery from Ali takes ages nowadays :( ;
- Covered the barrel with a carbon fiber tube of 14 mm outside dia. The inner dia is 12 mm as the outer dia of the barrel. Put it on with epoxy. Hope it helps somehow to reduce vibrations at the moment after the hammer strikes and pellet goes through the bore;
- Used a sound moderator made of aluminum and still. It adds good weight to the end of the barrel. For me it is good, cause I don't shoot much in standing position, more in prone or with my rifle on some rest;
- Added foam insulation into the butt stock to remove this "Empty plastic" feeling and sound. Added some lead inside to balance gun weight distribution.
- Added small Picatinny rail under the stock to fix a bipod. )))
What I've described here is not the instruction to increase the power of the rifle to to go beyond the legal limit. It was just an experiment and of course now the rifle is disassembled and not used any more!

Drilling something - one way ticket. If it goes wrong you'll have to change the damaged part completely!

Also added some 3D printed parts. Such as Cocking lever extender (faster reloading), scope sun shade (as my scope had no shape, kill flash only ) and "8" to fit on the carbon fiber tube
Hi where can I get the Cocking lever extender (faster reloading) which you have installed?