Which airgun to start with?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Post Reply
jhakash
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Which airgun to start with?

Post by jhakash » Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I am looking to buy a basic Airgun. Would appreciate suggestions and recommendations.
After some reading online I felt I should start with a break barrel (correct me if my assumption here is wrong).
I will use it for recreational target shooting mostly outdoors. (Not hunting)
What is the best choice under ₹10,000?(Flexible budget)
Would like it to be sturdy and powerful with decent long range.

Thanks.

P.S. 1st time on this forum.

For Advertising mail webmaster
maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by maanbirsingh » Tue May 21, 2019 1:39 am

Hi Jhakash,
Welcome to IFG..If I may, best bet would be to search the forum on all our members experience with Precihole airguns, SDB airguns and AARMR Hurricane. My personal preference are Precihole airguns - SX 100 and Nx 100 both are both break barrel airguns and have a great finish / quality. They also have a budget springer Vx100.. I own a NX100 and absolutely love the consistency and ease of handling, though you may have to stretch your budget a little to get it..VX100 is well within your budget and some forum members have got great feedback about it (you can search for member experiences on these by using the search function of the forum).

Enjoy the sport, happy and safe shooting,,

Regards
Maanbir

Tehemton
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by Tehemton » Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 am

Precihole makes some pretty decent break barrels. I would recommend going with the nx100 if you can stretch your budget a bit or find someone who wants to sell their's. It is a very consistent AR and should be a good starting point. I stuck the peep sight on mine right away and that helped a lot in terms of accuracy and getting me used to using a peep sight when I wanted to move on to a Pcp.
Speaking of range, I don't have exact numbers but I did use my club pro for some fun with cola cans and it was consistent up to 25 meters with the sight zeroed at 10m. The trigger is a little hard but that is true for all springer I suppose.
Where are you from? If you're from Mumbai and live close enough.,you could come over and try my nx100 before deciding if you like this Rifle or not.

jhakash
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by jhakash » Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and support.

I see, NX100 seems like a good starting point.
Another small followup question if it is not too much, are rust free barrels worth it ?

Thanks a lot for the recommendation and help.
Really appreciate it.
:)

User avatar
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by Vikram » Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 am

Welcome to IFG. I would second the suggestion of one of Precihole models. Even if you have to stretch your budget a little, better to buy a quality product.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by maanbirsingh » Wed May 22, 2019 3:07 am

jhakash wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome and support.

I see, NX100 seems like a good starting point.
Another small followup question if it is not too much, are rust free barrels worth it ?

Thanks a lot for the recommendation and help.
Really appreciate it.
:)
Personally I prefer the blued version..the rust free barrels maybe good if you are living in a very humid climate.. but the blued version looks classier, and you just need to wipe it with a soft cloth (maybe a little oil) after use, to keep it as good as new.

Regards,
Maanbir

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by dalvipravin » Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Tehemton wrote:Precihole makes some pretty decent break barrels. I would recommend going with the nx100 if you can stretch your budget a bit or find someone who wants to sell their's. It is a very consistent AR and should be a good starting point. I stuck the peep sight on mine right away and that helped a lot in terms of accuracy and getting me used to using a peep sight when I wanted to move on to a Pcp.
Speaking of range, I don't have exact numbers but I did use my club pro for some fun with cola cans and it was consistent up to 25 meters with the sight zeroed at 10m. The trigger is a little hard but that is true for all springer I suppose.
Where are you from? If you're from Mumbai and live close enough.,you could come over and try my nx100 before deciding if you like this Rifle or not.
Hi Tehemton ,

I live in Mumbai Borivali , let me know if you are around and we can catch up .

Cheers
Pravin

User avatar
rhleng1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by rhleng1 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Try the Sig P226, its a pistol but well worth the cost and shooting experience matching up with a real P226.
Am bad at Air Rifles as of now.
To learn who Rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to Criticize

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Location: maharashtra

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by sagar 12345 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 am

for outdoor shooting buy sdb sport or artemis because it is light weight , accurate ,low price but of good quality & easy to maintain.

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by Sci-fic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

jhakash wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome and support.

I see, NX100 seems like a good starting point.
Another small followup question if it is not too much, are rust free barrels worth it ?

Thanks a lot for the recommendation and help.
Really appreciate it.
:)
Dear friend you will never regret buying a NX100 i have been using this rifle for a very long time and must have crossed more then 3000 pellets and still when i want a quick backyard shooting session this is the rifle i will pick from my rack, i own a blued version of the gun and all it needs is a very little care and maintenance, happy shooting

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:31 am

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by pm40909 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 am

NX 100 is best to start with. But, SDB Xena is being launched next month with lots of promises. May wait for that also.

SoloLynx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by SoloLynx » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 am

Another beginner here. I have a question on a similar note to the original query.

So far I've gathered that the Precihole models (VX/NX 100 & NX200) are the recommended ones for someone like me and some even recommend the Aarmr Hurricane even though it's relatively less accurate and a bit rough.

My question is that if I do decide to go with the Hurricane does it help me in learning better. E.g with cars we say that if you learn to a drive a jeep you can pretty much drive anything else?

User avatar
Basu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake Kolkata

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by Basu » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Lot of informations are available on this forum.
I can only say in India some Indian ARs are comparable with imported ARs.
You know your purpose and buy accordingly.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

User avatar
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by vsraja » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Currently there are two good options, xena and nx200.
With regards,
vsraja

SoloLynx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: Which airgun to start with?

Post by SoloLynx » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:32 pm

vsraja wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:53 pm
Currently there are two good options, xena and nx200.
Yes, will probably go for one of these. Thank you.

Post Reply