Import on .177 caliber Air-Pistol without License or Rifle Club Membership.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Saviour
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import on .177 caliber Air-Pistol without License or Rifle Club Membership.

Post by Saviour » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi,

i am new in this community & i am sure this question must have been asked before. I ordered a .177 air pistol with muzzle energy of 3 joule (by mistake) via Amazon.com thinking it was just a Metallic Toy Gun. I have been following up with Amazon team to cancel the order but since the product has been shipped, possibilities of it getting cancelled is less. I do not have any license or Rifle club membership. What should i do to avoid any hassle or trouble.

Should i forget the product & the money i have spent or is there any way that i can get it released. Product shall reach India most likely in August - September.

I would be highly thankful if someone can help.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Import on .177 caliber Air-Pistol without License or Rifle Club Membership.

Post by mundaire » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:33 pm

At the minimum join a recognised District/ State shooting association/ rifle club
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Saviour
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saviour » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm

@Mundaire. Thank you for your help Sir. I have inquired with Pune District Rifle Association for membership. Will that suffice ?

Saviour
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saviour » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:45 pm

mundaire wrote:At the minimum join a recognised District/ State shooting association/ rifle club
@Mundaire. Thank you for your help Sir. I have inquired with Pune District Rifle Association for membership. I can take their membership but its not accredited with MRA. Will that be a problem ?

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 pm

NO membership of the club is not mandatory....though it can save you 38% Duty that you shall be charged on it .. I had recently handled my wife's airgun import case.. had to get a letter from are DM confirming that the weapon license is not required in his jurisdiction for the said airgun and get the same letter from area SP, after that the gun is verified by NRAI expert and released to you.. since am new to the group, I don't know how to post pictures otherwise I could have assisted you even more...
regards
Gurbir Dhillon
(Adv)

Saviour
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saviour » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:42 pm

gurbirsinghdhillon wrote:NO membership of the club is not mandatory....though it can save you 38% Duty that you shall be charged on it .. I had recently handled my wife's airgun import case.. had to get a letter from are DM confirming that the weapon license is not required in his jurisdiction for the said airgun and get the same letter from area SP, after that the gun is verified by NRAI expert and released to you.. since am new to the group, I don't know how to post pictures otherwise I could have assisted you even more...
regards
Gurbir Dhillon
(Adv)

SSA Gurbir Veere, Did you get it released in Delhi or Mumbai ? By any chance if you can connect with me , i would really be thankful.

Saviour
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Saviour » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am

Saviour wrote:Hi,

i am new in this community & i am sure this question must have been asked before. I ordered a .177 air pistol with muzzle energy of 3 joule (by mistake) via Amazon.com thinking it was just a Metallic Toy Gun. I have been following up with Amazon team to cancel the order but since the product has been shipped, possibilities of it getting cancelled is less. I do not have any license or Rifle club membership. What should i do to avoid any hassle or trouble.

Should i forget the product & the money i have spent or is there any way that i can get it released. Product shall reach India most likely in August - September.

I would be highly thankful if someone can help.

Would really be thankful if anyone can help with some more information.

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Saviour wrote:
gurbirsinghdhillon wrote:NO membership of the club is not mandatory....though it can save you 38% Duty that you shall be charged on it .. I had recently handled my wife's airgun import case.. had to get a letter from are DM confirming that the weapon license is not required in his jurisdiction for the said airgun and get the same letter from area SP, after that the gun is verified by NRAI expert and released to you.. since am new to the group, I don't know how to post pictures otherwise I could have assisted you even more...
regards
Gurbir Dhillon
(Adv)

SSA Gurbir Veere, Did you get it released in Delhi or Mumbai ? By any chance if you can connect with me , i would really be thankful.
I got it released from Delhi Airport customs. feel free to contact me. kindly message/whatsapp before you call.. i will guide you.

Please do not share your contact details on the open forum for your own security.-Moderator

gurbir22
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbir22 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:15 pm

Hello,
Gurbir Dhillon

Kindly let me know if we can import airgun spares from UK
I have a BSA cadet 0.177” air rifle, i enquired from www.airgunspares.co.uk they have the required spares like barrel,mainspring,seals etc and are willing to ship, in fact they told me that they have shipped plenty of spares to India, as per current situation can we import spares for airgun, kindly reply also my PM facility is not working how can I contact you.

Regards
Gurbir Singh Sidhu

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

If you have rifle shooting clubs ID card you should be able to get the gun cleared with 28% duty

But yes all depends on the custom commissioner or officers mood and your luck if they do it in first shot or you have to do multiple visits and give explanations and proov it's air weapon and .177 caliber .

Find out who is the courier partner , DHL , FedEx , UPS .. call them work with them closely ... Be PATIENT AND POLITE ...put your points calmly and you can get the gun cleared ..:)

Cheers,
Pravin