Seems like we have a match pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Seems like we have a match pistol

Post by dev » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 pm

I had dropped out of air pistol shooting a few years ago. Sold my beloved Steyr LP 10 and bought an Ashani. The problem was that you can't shoot a firearm that also an Ashani that often and you start wondering why you got one after while. So realizing that I needed a match pistol again, I took a look at the famous brand names and realized that their prices had gone beyond kidney and brain transplant levels. And then I looked at the Precihole site and damned if they didn't have a PX 50 Match PRO at a third of the foreign brands.

Now, I had experienced a Precihole gas ram some years ago and it was quite reliable and so I thought nothing to lose. Plonked the money down and waited for six days, I made the mistake of not ordering the filling device as I thought the air cylinder would work the way a Steyr's would. Anyway got two packs of match pellets and a pack of pistol targets. After the seemingly excruciating wait...(I didn't know I'd get excited by toys again) the package arrived. The pistol looked fine and I was happy to see that it still had some air. Till the grip, it looks like a Morini but it has something no other match pistol has...a safety device. Pushing the lever to safe allows you to dry fire the practice. I took out the sample pellets that were included in the box.

Set my target up at around 7 meters as I don't have more room indoors. The initial groups show promise and all mistakes were from my lack of practice.

Lets' see if I can attach the pictures. The only thing one must remember to buy is the filling station if you plan to use a compressed air cylinder. the pistol case has the refilling part that attaches to the filling station. So far so good. The grip will need work after a while. Hmmm, have to resize my pics any way you can take a look at their web page.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Seems like we have a match pistol

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Nice, do post some groups if you can.

In stead of resizing you can simply upload to google drive and post the photos here using that. See viewtopic.php?f=15&p=261145#p261131 on how to go about it. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ganesh_rao_jadhav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Request a PX50 Match Pro Review

Post by ganesh_rao_jadhav » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Hello,

Newbie to precision shooting here. 10 meter Air Pistol, to be precise.
I was looking at the Steyr Evo 10(mechanical), till my eyes fell on the PX50 Match Pro. Seems like a decent product for a fraction of the price of imported guns.

Could you tell me if it's a decent match pistol for beginners getting into 10 meters... ?? Or is getting the Steyr the way to go.
Any inputs/reviews on the px50 much appreciated...

Thanks!
Ganesh.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Accuracy wise it is as good as any. I had a problem with a cylinder leak, it was fixed by the factory once I managed to courier it. The company did it for free but I had to bear the postage which was a bit steep. Otherwise it is a good entry level pistol.

Regards,

Dev

ganesh_rao_jadhav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ganesh_rao_jadhav » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Awesome! Thanks for your inputs (y)

ganesh_rao_jadhav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ganesh_rao_jadhav » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 pm

dev wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm
Accuracy wise it is as good as any. I had a problem with a cylinder leak, it was fixed by the factory once I managed to courier it. The company did it for free but I had to bear the postage which was a bit steep. Otherwise it is a good entry level pistol.

Regards,

Dev
A quick follow up query - Do you fill it using the precihole pump, or a scuba tank?
I have read the pump has issues, and needs frequent repairs...

Thanks a bunch!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Apologies for the late reply. I use a scuba tank and the precihole filling station.

ravitiwari
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravitiwari » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi Dev,

Hope you are still using PX 50 Match PRO, can you share long term review on the pistol.
Interested to know about the reliability of the gun parts and accuracy.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Ravi

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi All,

can the owners of PX50 post more experiences here. I plan to buy one and have received not so good reviews- air leakage especially. Thanks
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”