My new Precihole NX200 Athena - Wood RF

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: My new Precihole NX200 Athena - Wood RF

Post by AnandNair » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 am

a good looking air gun. congrats, happy shooting
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
prasanjit.baul
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prasanjit.baul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:30 pm

goodburner wrote:this looks like a very good purchase. I'm on the fence between sdb artemis and nx200, but the Nitro Piston is pulling me like a neodymium magnet.

@prasanjit.baul - how is the rifle now? what's the velocity you're getting? all sorted ?
Hey. Yes the Nitro Piston works very well. Apparently, GNV sir happened to test both the Xena and Athena and both are giving around 13.5-14 fpe power. The Jsb pellets shoot well and fastest in Athena since those pellets are made of soft lead. The 7.7 grain jsb round head shot at 900fps and the 8.44 grain shot at 850fps. With Precipell pellets it failed to give the same results as shown in the launch video of Athena.

Apart from all this, the rifle is fantastic. Shoots really awesome and I love the smooth firing cycle. I dont have much experience of a springer rather air rifle but from the last rifle I owned i.e. the Hurricane, this surely feels a lot premium.

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Prasanjit ji, your words and opinion matter in the forum. We wait for your opinion very much. Regards

Niks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Niks » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Nitro piston users will definitely know the difference between a spring piston and nitro piston, the comfortable is nothing comparable. After using nx100 for few months I don't want to turn back on my old hp spring rifle.

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Any long term review on nx200 ?

Would love to hear from you .. any long range groupings post 1000 shots and power consistancy ?

Cheers
Pravin

Sniperboy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sniperboy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 pm

SDB Trigger is far superior than NX200 primitive Theoben trigger, (its Hard and nasty) I own both SDB & NX200. After shooting with SDB two stage (Diana like trigger) I am hating Nx200 rough, hard, tight trigger. I tried tuning the Nx200 trigger, but it is no where close to SDB superior trigger.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:26 pm

Sniperboy wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 pm
SDB Trigger is far superior than NX200 primitive Theoben trigger, (its Hard and nasty) I own both SDB & NX200. After shooting with SDB two stage (Diana like trigger) I am hating Nx200 rough, hard, tight trigger. I tried tuning the Nx200 trigger, but it is no where close to SDB superior trigger.
[/quote
This experience is obvious as regard to trigger.
PH trigger is double pull single stage whereas Xena's trigger is two stage.
An experienced finger can sense the difference almost immediately.
You can aways feel a creep in PH trigger before final let off.

This creep can not be eliminated due to its design.
PH trigger is much superior to Armar trigger in any given day.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............